Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG

Apr 02, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

76 - 100 of 1,166 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Lawana N W

Nov 27, 2015

This was a wonderful course! Prior to taking it, I had no idea how much project planning and management entailed. Additionally, I wasn't aware of the plethora of programs currently on the market that helps one facilitate the process of planning and managing a project. I found this course very insightful! Thank you!

By Gaurav G G

It was very great experience with course and tutor. I'm an engineering student who wants to career in the management field. At start, I didn't had any idea about sales, management, risks and everything. But now , I have the basic knowledge about management . The assignments were quite tough but useful. Amazing course!

By Muhammad S T

Aug 27, 2020

I've been longing for a teacher who actually wanted to teach, and Yael is definitely the one.

The course was easy, to-the-point & most of all UPDATED. These competencies are not easy to in regular university courses since they mostly focus on following 20-40 years old Textbooks.

Loved it.

Hope to Lear more in the Future.

By maqsood k

Apr 30, 2020

First of all, i want to thank the whole management of this course. it is a good start to provide a online certificate for those who could not come to USA. This course provide me a lot of knowledge about project management and i hope this knowledge will provide me more opportunities in coming days.

thanks once again.

By Clifford P

Feb 22, 2016

This was a great course and very informative at that. I have been working on projects for years and have had my own inklings about how to execute projects alongside a few tools I had developed along the way but this course had the same tools and a few more I hadn't thought of before so I can greatly appreciate it.

By Markus H

Jul 17, 2020

Comprehensive learning path through the fundamentals of Project Planning and Management with a well prepared digital didactic concept. More to come by digging into special topics having now a good overview about what is important. Thanks for the opportunity and for having me. Best regards and all the best, Markus

By Preeti S

Mar 28, 2020

Really wish I would have taken this course earlier in my current role. I found it very helpful in learning how to approach a project. I've led several projects with informal timelines and notes kept in excel. I found the method of breaking down each task and dependency very helpful and can apply it to my job.

By MUHAMMAD Z

It has been a great journey of learning with Professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Within short time I have learnt a lot of useful things which I couldn't find anywhere else and not in depth. I'm very grateful to University Of Virginia for offering this course. A big thanks to Coursera team for hosting this course.

By Cleophas P

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed the course and it opened on all aspects of Projects Planning and Management. The Instructor Yael is really good and knows her stuff. She was very eloquent providing examples and scenarios to better understand concepts.

The course layout was followed through clearly and i basically enjoyed it.

By Mrinal K D

Jul 27, 2020

I would give this course of 5 star because

- the course was well thought of and was very wisely divided into small learning parts that actually helped me in grasping the matter in a through manner

- in each video the concept was elaborately taught with examples

- the course material was of very good quality

By ashley k

Feb 18, 2016

I love the way the class was organized from initiation to project execution and closing. I think the class would be better if the reason behind the correct quiz answers was given, for me this help me understand how to reason and be in the proper mindset when choosing and answer. Overall, great class and tea

By Dianne R

This course was the absolute best one i have done on coursera. It was clear and concise. The examinations were very well structured. The entire course was taught in a brilliant and easily understandable way. I recommend this to anyone interested in Project Management. It was a great introductory course.

By Carolyn B

Excellent Foundational Course to Project Managment and Planning. Prof Grushka-Cockayne knows her subject material and the information introduced is an excellent first course in this highly in-demand skill. Supplemental materials on powerful features on MS Project are well presented and integrated.

By Jaime N M

Aug 07, 2018

Perfect Course if you are looking to dig in to the basics of project planning. I followed the course closely and complemented the information with the PMBOK. If your are looking to just see the surface of project planning and management this course is a quick and efficient way to achieve this goal.

By Animesh K S

Feb 21, 2016

This is the best online course. I want to pursue my Masters in Construction Management and this course has helped me to get an idea of how its to manage stuffs around the globe. I would like to thank Coursera for such a beautiful course. Its worth spending time for this course. Just go for it.

By véronique d

Sep 15, 2020

Takes you by the hand through project planning and management. The exercises and case studies (although supplemental) are a big help to grasp the content. The professor speaks in a very nice and calm way, making it possible to understand the material, even after a long day of hard work.

By Carolina O

Jul 04, 2017

It is a very handy course that introduces you into the project management world. In my case I had no previous knowledge on the topic and I learnt to distinguish the different phases of project development and the important things to take into cosideration when stepping into this career

By Zach M

Mar 19, 2020

I am a 10-year professional. Although I have experience working on projects, my skills have all come from "common sense" or "learning on the job". I recommend this class for anyone who wants to go back to the basics and learn the fundamental concepts of a project in a structured way.

By Achraf N

Aug 10, 2020

i found this course rich of information and a good intry to th project management field. the different videos and lecture are in a high quality content. i recommand every one want to begin his career or any one want to gain more aspects and practices in the project management field.

By Eric M

Jul 01, 2020

This course is a great introduction of project planning and management. The instruction is very clear, simple and straight forward. It brings forward many real-life examples to help with learning and see how valuable this type of skill and course can be for future project managers.

By Farshad M

May 04, 2020

This course was remarkably beneficial to me. I have not had any experience in auxiliary management Softwares like MS project. Still, considering the knowledge that I have now about the fundamentals of project planning, I can start using the software to my benefit—much appreciated.

By Vibhavi V

Apr 04, 2020

This course is superb! I'm still wondering how to evaluate the project, is it good? Is it bad? After I took this course, i've better known about the index to judge. I think this course is very useful for every project manager and everyone who related about the project management.

By Mary M

Sep 13, 2020

I liked this course a lot! I definitely feel like I got a good understanding of the basics of project management and this feels like a solid foundation to even start implementing now while I also continue to learn more about project management in higher level, in-depth courses.

By Gabrielle M

Jun 30, 2019

I loved taking this class! It really helped me understand and exercise the core components of project management. The lectures, case studies, and quizzes were practical and thought-provoking as well! I feel ready to take what I learned from this course and apply it to my work.

By Joshua A O

Apr 15, 2017

Twas a fantastic educative moment spending it here learning the fundamental principles in project management. I really enjoyed the course and my appreciation goes to the instructor and the entire Darden business school, University of Virginia for the opportunity. God bless.