This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.
This course satisfied my desire to learn about Project Planning and Management at a high level. Yael's content and delivery meet my needs and I highly recommend this course to anyone involved in R&D.
By Rasulova D S•
By Ankit R•
By DAVIDE S•
By Louissaint J•
By Alanoud S•
By Omkar S G•
By Rajesh P•
By Aouk P K R•
By Puspanjali S•
By Sunil S•
By Mayank P•
By Muhammad Z S•
By HTS P•
By OMKAR K G•
By edgar a o c•
By Panagiotis F•
By Lola K•
By Darshan S K•
By Yousaf K•
By Luther K•
By Sanjay L•
By Patrique H•
+ basic content, easy to pick up
+ instructor explained in a nice way
+ instructor is using careful wordings
- the agile video should be split up in 3 (agile, scrum, kanban) to do justice to this course and those topics (and add some info on the way they do costs and planning calculations as they take a value based approach instead of cost based approach like the regular project management in this course)
- twice I noticed a false answer in the test outcomes, but it must be me as 200k+ people completed this course already
- theory based instructor, no real life experience
Conclusion: read project management for dummies (or some books - just check your favourite university's curriculum/booklist on this topic) you will learn more. But if online is your thing, and you need a certificate, it is a good start as the videos are done nicely and the examples are fun to go through. And you definitely learn also from other on the forum when going through their answers!
By Slavisa D•
Pros: 1. Good overview of techniques and methods, also agile methods, widely used in project management. 2. Week 4 is especially useful because of metrics like CPI, SPI and CSI. Thank you for this.
Cons: 1. The multiple choice questions are written in a misleading and very tricky way. The course should transfer knowledge, not mislead the students.
2. The course is defintely too fast for beginners. I could follow because I made the agile course at University of Alberta before taking this course. The Alberta course is much better than this course.
3. The handouts are bad and you have to use your own literature to dig deeper.
By Georges N•
sorry for the rating, it is NOT for the course, but it is for coursera,itself, the course was wonderful, the teacher increased much my experiences, however and after i finished all the course with all the related quiz as submitted, they required a payment for to get the certificate (you may have asked that from the beginning - this is unprofessional) ... disappointed !!
By Elizabeth H•
I did learn the basics, but will need to go on and learn more in depth. I'd also like to have more written materials to go with the videos. I know I can download the video transcript, but what I'd like is actual handouts that are organized. I am more of a written/visual learner and need to read to retain information.