Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG

Apr 02, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

151 - 175 of 949 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By CARLOS V

Dec 10, 2015

Great course!!!! The teacher was super clear, the concepts where really really awesome and well defined. The knowledge shared in this course is very practical, you can use the things your learned right away.

By Jackie L

Jan 25, 2016

This 4 week course helped prepare me for taking the CAPM test. Many of the topics covered were in the exam. I found the overall course extremely beneficial. I highly recommend this course and instructor.

By Jose H P D

Jul 05, 2020

This course was a great experience. Methodology of the teacher was clear and very helpful in my learning process. I recommend this course for people who wants to make deepening in project management world.

By ANKIT S

Jun 07, 2020

The course is easily design for developed a project and project planning .this course is good for the future to start-up a new idea.

Thanks To my Guide who teach us so well. Thanks University Of Virginia.

By Jomarie C

Apr 30, 2020

Great course! Easy to follow and very informative. For someone who is new to project planning and management, this course provides clear and well explained scenarios/samples. Thank you for the learnings!

By Feyyaz A G

Apr 02, 2020

By Hana B

Sep 18, 2017

Excellent course, presented in an easy English for non-native English speakers, with concrete examples and hands-on MS Projects demo. Thank you so much to the University of Virginia and to Mme Yael.

By Zeynep H T

May 22, 2020

This was an excellent course. Very enriching, captivating and full of value. The professor Mrs. Yael Grushka-Cockayne has a very engaging teaching style, I loved listening to her. Thanks professor!

By Kadio-morokro J S

Aug 06, 2019

These courses were so tremendous to me. It allowed me to gain incredible knowledges about how planning and manage a project with beautiful examples of people doing valuable activities.

thank you.

By DEEPTHI K S

Jul 27, 2020

I have got the opportunity to learn a lot of new things in this course. The instructor Yael Grushka-Cockayne (@grushkay) has given so much clarity to the topics. Thank you Yael Grushka-Cockayne

By Bekir A B

Dec 18, 2015

This course is really great! Easy to understand and really useful. I believe I will be more efficient for my future project plans if I can successfully complete the whole course... Thank you :)

By Mikel S d B

Apr 27, 2020

El curso está muy bien organizado, y la profesora expone de manera clara y sencilla todos los conceptos. Es un curso básico, pero está bien para repasar conceptos en organización de proyectos.

By Johanna S

May 19, 2018

A really nice course, that gives you a great insight into PM tools and principles, and leaves you with the feeling, that you could actually manage a project now way more competent than before.

By Esther H

Aug 14, 2017

Basic, but very practical indeed! Gives you a flying start when you're new to project management. A must-see if you're about to start any project and don't know how or where to start exactly.

By Rania E J

Jul 26, 2020

The instructor's approach is very comprehensible and she has a subtle way to convey the ideas and visualize them. The ideas are straightforward and what you need to enhance your knowledge.

By Justine K

Feb 21, 2018

This course is exceptional and has gave me highlights on various aspects of project planning such as being able to establish dependencies on different task and determining critical task.

By Božica H

Jan 23, 2017

Very useful course with practical examples and tutorials on MS Project included. Learned some new things such as stakeholder power/interest grid, SPI and CPI that I haven't used before.

By Maddie S

Straightforward, well-explained content and effective examples! Just the right amount of information for an intro course. High standards for learning too, which helped keep me focused!

By Alexandre M S

Feb 14, 2016

The course provided a bunch of meaningful insights. Many techniques to approach project management were presented. I feel much more prepared to handle a project now. Excellent content!

By Samson O A

Nov 11, 2019

If you are looking to kick start an illustrious career in Project management, this is the right place to start. I really learned a lot in the four weeks or so I spent on this course.

By Mero T D A E

Sep 09, 2018

That's my first time I learn online

Thanks for the University of Virginia and Coursera to give me that's opportunity and it will not be last time I learn on Coursera

Good work 😁😁😁

By Er A D

May 06, 2016

Coursera helps me in developing major skills and knowledge about the project planning and management because of the lectures given by the worlds finest teachers and latest technology

By ANTHONY M M

Feb 25, 2018

This was a very useful piece of information to me. Being a tech student and running a business. This course come in handy for my personal development and business will sure thrive.

By Andre C

May 09, 2020

Great introductory course, covered all the basics at a good level of detail; and started to get into some of the tools, software and methods that can be practically applied. Thx!