Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FF

Dec 31, 2020

This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.

TL

Jan 7, 2021

This course satisfied my desire to learn about Project Planning and Management at a high level. Yael's content and delivery meet my needs and I highly recommend this course to anyone involved in R&D.

176 - 200 of 1,910 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Roberto M

Nov 10, 2020

Clear and complete course. It gives the foundamentals to prepare a sucesfull project plan. It should be interesting adding some videos about realrealized project plans and implemet the program with practical exercises.

Good and empathic professor!

By Kyeyune G Z

Aug 9, 2020

I really enjoyed the way the lecturers were delivered with actual case studies to look at and compare. I would wish for a longer course to help me understand further the work Breakdown structure and using the software to prepare for your project.

By Adrienne S O

Apr 25, 2019

This course was very interesting, it packed in a lot of information into easy to digest lectures. It utilized relevant examples and cases to reflect our learning on. I feel I learned a lot from this course and would recommend it to a colleague!

By Luca P

Mar 29, 2020

The course was well taught and the subject were presented in a plain, understandable way. The four weeks of the course were a nice introduction to PM basic technique. It would be nice if this course could be part of a much deeper specialization.

By Mangesh S

May 10, 2022

Good for Project Management

Helpful while new project alignment and need to prepare for project deliverables.

There are many challenges however this course helped a lot for settle down and plan for project Plan preparation, stakeholder management

By Danna R R

Sep 3, 2020

Es un curso donde puedes aprender todo relacionado a la gestión de proyectos y se enfocan en aclarar cada paso que debes tener en cuenta para que tu proyecto sea exitoso y en caso de que falle encontrar las problemáticas que conllevaron a esto.

By Margaret A A

Jul 11, 2022

I have learned a lot including what a project is, ways of doing cost analysis, tools for budgetting and scheduling projects, issues relating to work break down structures and dependencies. Its a great course. Thank you cursera for this course.

By Pradeep K

Feb 20, 2017

Outstanding course. The instructor looks very experienced and the examples she demonstrated were very good. She explained each concept in detail which a person can use in his/her project. I will definitely refer my friends to take this course.

By Ruby B

Sep 26, 2021

As a person who is regularly engaged in various projects for marketing purposes, this course is very helpful. I learned about the points for improvement that I need to focus on the next time that my team will have a project to ensure success.

By Nataliia B

Nov 14, 2020

This course is very useful, gives solid understanding of project phases and is full of small and applicable instruments for planning and managing projects. And my appreciations to the lecturer - it was easy and interesting to listen to Yael)

By Chi S

Oct 16, 2020

Awesome! It's a difficult subject for me but the instructor explained it and makes it so easy for me to follow through. I gained so much knowledge about Project Planning and Management especially on determine the critical path of a project.

By Marco G

It is a really interesting and well explained course. Congratulation to the professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Her passion goes thorough the screen making every topic clear and understandable. I will suggest Coursera platform.

Marco

By Oleksandr A

Feb 1, 2018

Clear and logical introduction into Project Management. Which is not getting nearly enough attention as it should, because of all the attention to Leadership. Leadership alone will not get it done, planning and management is also important.

By Victor M G L

Jan 19, 2022

Very important course to direct projects, in which all the casuistics that you can find in a project are treated in detail. They also help you with real examples and describe the most useful tools. I am very happy with the course received

By Daniel D

Jul 26, 2020

This course helped me update fundamental concepts for project management. Very updated topics are covered that are seen in a practical way. The instructor, Yael Grushka-Cockayne, is very well qualified and teaches in a very didactic way.

By Krishnamurthy S

A good course to gain knowledge of project planning and management. Useful for student, professionals and job seekers to understand the importance of project planning. A well-presetned course. Assignments are good to gain more knowledge.

By Johnson K

This course was really good for someone that never had any experience in project management I understood it very well and gain knowledge that I will be able to use. I will continue studying other courses to equip myself better. Thank you

By Alberto D

Feb 20, 2016

It is an excellent tool to learn how to cope with projects on your own. It has the fundamentals to start planning projects, not only those related to business, you can also apply this material in your personal life and academical goals.

By Steven K

Jun 28, 2020

My objective was to get an understanding of Project Managment the process, before learning Microsoft Project.

This course has helped me meet that objective

The presenter is clear, the material is well arranged with good examples

By Ardiansyah

Jul 11, 2022

It is an eye-opening course. Even though I had done several taught activities in my real job before, but taking this course still gave me so much new insight into Project Management, particularly in Planning and Executing the Project.

By Shaheer M S

Jul 14, 2021

Great course! It helped me in understanding the important aspects of Project Planning and Management. Couse instructor is a great teacher. She explained the topics in detail with relevant examples making it easy to grasp the concepts.

By Kevin L

Great course, good flow of information. Yael makes great introductions to new topics and keeps learning very interesting. Each section has use cases and also shows you how to do your own practice on excel/ms project. Awesome training.

By Anita M

Aug 3, 2019

Extremely informative for a new project planning professional. Great starting point to continue studies in project management and beyond. Could provide even more content if able to. This course taught me a lot but left me wanting more

By Hans N B

Dec 12, 2016

This course is very informative, and helpful especially to those who will be managing projects without formal education about project management. The lecturer delivers each topic clearly and provides insights about managing projects.

By Olena P

Sep 11, 2016

The course is of a great practical meaning. Interesting and easy to understand. Highly recommend to everyone! Life is full of projects and it is really worth managing them effectively.

Many thanks to the team that prepared the course.