Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG

Apr 02, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

176 - 200 of 894 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By shahab s

Jul 10, 2020

A very comprehensive approach to the Science of Project Management using simple up-to-date tools and simple easy to follow language. My commendation to the Course Team.

By Chiraag B

Jun 05, 2020

Very good course. Recommend to everyone (Beginners too) who wants to learn or expand knowledge in PM. The instructions / teaching and examples are very clear and crisp

By Arturo O R

Sep 19, 2016

Aunque es un curso de fundamentos de la Administración de Proyectos, me parece que es bastante completo. Hay claridad por parte de la profesora y el material es bueno.

By Vera P

Dec 06, 2015

One of the best courses I ever taken on project management. Touches all the information you need as a PM so than you can expand the knowlege of those you need or use.

By Victoria R

Apr 23, 2020

This was an excellent course taught in a very clear, engaging, and fun way! Really enjoyed Yael's method of teaching and would happily take another course with her!

By Deepesh D

Dec 21, 2019

The course contents were good. The course provided a good insight of the project planning process, tools and different activities and how to evaluate project risks.

By Clifton R J

Apr 25, 2020

Great course with basic fundamentals to help with project management. This was a great refresher course for people who may have about some of the important basics.

By Samantha v D

Apr 11, 2020

Good start to understanding begins your journey into the business world and understanding better about the corporate world. Very happy I decided to do this course.

By Francisco W

Jan 21, 2017

This is a very useful course.

By applying these (even basic concepts) we will be more confident in achieving better results in our projects plan and developments.

By Ellen W

Dec 15, 2019

A nice introduction to basic concepts of and tools for project management. It would be nice if there were more practice scenarios with math and mapping questions.

By Shahid M

Dec 10, 2017

Provides a clear understanding of what it takes to create effective project plan. Lectures are well structured and provide practical knowledge to manage projects.

By Ekaterina T

Mar 20, 2016

Great course! It brings a clear understanding of the Project Management base principles and guides you through Risk management and Budget accounting fundamentals.

By Frederick P

Mar 19, 2020

This course provided very good, high-level material on project management fundamentals, which some can be referenced for actual projects in various environments.

By Mohamed G

Jan 16, 2019

It was just really very valuable course about project planning and management.

Please recommend me more advanced courses, books & articles in this field.

Thanks :)

By Rita G

Jul 13, 2017

Thank you so much!! Great explanation, great examples and you really have a natural way to make yourself clear while teaching! :) I really recommend this course!

By María J M G

Jul 05, 2017

Great Mooc Online has given me quite a good idea about project planning and the management of it. Nice teacher who could grap the attention on and on. Marvelous!

By Kanybek B

Those three weeks that I spent learning this course was one of the valuable weeks. I learned much more than I expected. Many thanks for creators of this course!

By Shivendra P S

May 02, 2020

Course was excellent. Covered major topics and gave brief idea about project life cycle. It has helped me to develop project planning skills and its management.

By Fabio N d R

Apr 12, 2018

Teacher Yael is fantastic. She provides an excellent overview of general Project Planning and Management. I really love this course and i'm very sad it' s over!

By Ehsan

Sep 10, 2019

This course is very well structured and while is comprehensive is very simple as well. I really enjoyed. I suggest this course to all levels and all industries

By Raluca P

Feb 17, 2020

Great course, amazing teacher!

All the information is well-structured and delivered in a timely fashion to answer the most common questions of the basis of PM.

By Alessandra T

Sep 28, 2017

I have found this course really intersting, I have followed the lessons without problems. I, now, con understand a lot about Project Planning and Management.

By Hugo M

Nov 25, 2018

This course was really, really good!

Without former knowledge of project planning, I've learned allot about project planning that didn't even new it existed.

By Gabriele B

Apr 23, 2018

Great teacher, really interesting and understandable even to those who approach this world for the first time. Packed with useful examples for understanding

By Charles F

Apr 23, 2017

This course give me a basic glampse on project management.

It helps me to get out of all these pitfalls and messes when dealing with daily project directing.