Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH
Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

201 - 225 of 1,261 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By ANKIT S

Jun 7, 2020

The course is easily design for developed a project and project planning .this course is good for the future to start-up a new idea.

Thanks To my Guide who teach us so well. Thanks University Of Virginia.

By Jomarie C

Apr 30, 2020

Great course! Easy to follow and very informative. For someone who is new to project planning and management, this course provides clear and well explained scenarios/samples. Thank you for the learnings!

By Hana B

Sep 18, 2017

Excellent course, presented in an easy English for non-native English speakers, with concrete examples and hands-on MS Projects demo. Thank you so much to the University of Virginia and to Mme Yael.

By Nishanth B R

Sep 2, 2020

In Fundamentals of project planning and management i have learnt how to manage the projects and during its critical situtions . And i have learnt the projects to be done in correct timining .

By Kadio-morokro J S

Aug 6, 2019

These courses were so tremendous to me. It allowed me to gain incredible knowledges about how planning and manage a project with beautiful examples of people doing valuable activities.

thank you.

By Maria s M A

Nov 12, 2020

Learned a lot of critical and important aspects of project planning and management which I have overlooked in the past how many years that I have been undertaking projects. Thank you very much

By Ulaş B A

Nov 6, 2020

As a fundamental course, it teaches so much and the way of testing your learnings is really efficient. Instructor is a real admirable lady in terms of skills about teaching and passion to teach

By DEEPTHI K S

Jul 27, 2020

I have got the opportunity to learn a lot of new things in this course. The instructor Yael Grushka-Cockayne (@grushkay) has given so much clarity to the topics. Thank you Yael Grushka-Cockayne

By Bekir A B

Dec 18, 2015

This course is really great! Easy to understand and really useful. I believe I will be more efficient for my future project plans if I can successfully complete the whole course... Thank you :)

By Mikel S d B

Apr 27, 2020

El curso está muy bien organizado, y la profesora expone de manera clara y sencilla todos los conceptos. Es un curso básico, pero está bien para repasar conceptos en organización de proyectos.

By Johanna S

May 19, 2018

A really nice course, that gives you a great insight into PM tools and principles, and leaves you with the feeling, that you could actually manage a project now way more competent than before.

By Esther H

Aug 14, 2017

Basic, but very practical indeed! Gives you a flying start when you're new to project management. A must-see if you're about to start any project and don't know how or where to start exactly.

By Rania E J

Jul 26, 2020

The instructor's approach is very comprehensible and she has a subtle way to convey the ideas and visualize them. The ideas are straightforward and what you need to enhance your knowledge.

By Keshaun P

Nov 16, 2020

Very beneficial course with real world examples and step by step walkthrough instructions that are sure to help any project manager get started with creating projects to change the world!

By Justine K

Feb 21, 2018

This course is exceptional and has gave me highlights on various aspects of project planning such as being able to establish dependencies on different task and determining critical task.

By Carlos J P B

Sep 3, 2020

Excelente, aprendi las bases para poder no solo crear proyectos si no tambien aprender a manejarlos, excelente como se aborda el tema de los riesgos que esto con lleva para realizarlos.

By Božica H

Jan 23, 2017

Very useful course with practical examples and tutorials on MS Project included. Learned some new things such as stakeholder power/interest grid, SPI and CPI that I haven't used before.

By Tiến Đ

Oct 22, 2020

Thanks to the course that helps me a lot to understand the basic knowledge of project management. Moreover, my feelings about project management really good after learning that course!

By Patriot S

Sep 20, 2020

This course enlighten me with PM language, Framework and methodologies, Which I believe it is important as our fundamentals capabilities to manage projects both small and large scaled.

By Maddie S

Straightforward, well-explained content and effective examples! Just the right amount of information for an intro course. High standards for learning too, which helped keep me focused!

By Alexandre M S

Feb 14, 2016

The course provided a bunch of meaningful insights. Many techniques to approach project management were presented. I feel much more prepared to handle a project now. Excellent content!

By Samson O A

Nov 11, 2019

If you are looking to kick start an illustrious career in Project management, this is the right place to start. I really learned a lot in the four weeks or so I spent on this course.

By Mero T D A E

Sep 9, 2018

That's my first time I learn online

Thanks for the University of Virginia and Coursera to give me that's opportunity and it will not be last time I learn on Coursera

Good work 😁😁😁

By Er A D

May 6, 2016

Coursera helps me in developing major skills and knowledge about the project planning and management because of the lectures given by the worlds finest teachers and latest technology