Back to The Art of Vocal Production

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Art of Vocal Production by Berklee College of Music

This course addresses recorded vocal performances and the technologies used to highlight and support them in modern record production and mixes. Most of us know that vocals serve as the focal point of modern recordings but many do not know the tools used or when the tools are used best in modern record production. The course begins with simple vocal placement in a mix, where you will also learn the fundamentals of compression and equalization. You’ll further study delays and reverbs before moving to advanced concepts in audio editing, synthetic processing, automatic & graphic pitch correction, time compression, time expansion, flex and elastic audio. Through analysis and/or hands on projects that the students will post for peer review, the student will gain an understanding of the many choices available to modern record producers as they record and mix with a modern tool set. You’ll see, in action, the Vocoder, Auto-Tune, Melodyne, Elastic Audio, Flex Time, VocAlign, tempo based editing and a host of other file modification protocols that are readily available on most Digital Audio Workstations. This course gives students a thorough look at the expanded choices that have risen in the art of vocal production as a result of these modern tools. The goal of the course is to help interested novices understand the recordings they are listening to, performers find an expanded language for their recorded voices and for vocal producers to be able to create musically artistic visualizations using singers as their paintbrushes....

AE

Nov 27, 2018

This course was really fun, I have learned so much. And I am glad I took the time to complete it. I work with vocals all the time. And now I feel much more confident now. Thank you Mr Prince.

VI

Aug 15, 2019

Course was great! I was able to learn a lot of new things and the lecturer was so on point! I recommend this course to anyone who is interested in vocal production!

76 - 89 of 89 Reviews for The Art of Vocal Production

By Premdas

Sep 30, 2017

Real Good. Very helpful to get a overall idea of the Vocal Production industry!

By Olivier J

Jul 03, 2017

Really interesting topics. Very helpfull for vocal mixing and production !

By Abbate N

Aug 01, 2017

Well explained basic concepts about vocal production. Worth it!

By Steveson

Apr 06, 2019

A must for beginners, Thanks to you sir and coursera.

By Ali A

Jun 30, 2020

nice course

By Joshua M

Sep 10, 2019

Fairly old program which shouldn't be included in the specialisation course as all the information is available free anyway. The quizzes aren't all that hard and don't challenge the student much. No in-video questions and no resources helping out.

The teacher is great and explains the topics wonderfully.

By Maíra d S J

Mar 29, 2020

The course was very good, but I'm disappointed that I can't have a certificate for this course. I have no interest on completing all the courses of the specialization. That was very bad. I suggest that each course of the specialization could offer a certificate separately.

By Jordan S W

Oct 14, 2017

I didnt really like this course, maybe I just picked the wrong course or it was just to much of an intro course or something, seemed very repetitive, some people may find the info in it insightful.

By Pablo M C

The format of this course is really poor. It would have been nice to have a better step by step on how to use the plugins, have different performances. For me, it was the worst of the courses on the Electronic Music Production Specialization.

By Candy W

Apr 23, 2020

I really didn't like this course, and I'd like to withdraw from it. How do I do that?

By Théo M

Sep 08, 2019

Really Basic course not a lot of important and Artistic Uses.

By rick v