Back to Corruption

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corruption by University of Pennsylvania

You can't understand the world today if you don't understand corruption. Every day, we see high-level government officials resigning, governments changing, hundreds of thousands of people standing in squares, holding up signs, and often risking their lives to protest the corruption in the world. It's critically important to the health of our societies to understand what people are protesting against. We want to understand corruption. This course is designed to teach you about what corruption is, what causes corruption, the effects of corruption, and how to control corruption. We'll be talking about this from a global perspective using examples from all over the world. We'll also be talking about corruption from the perspective of countries, governments, businesses, citizens, and the people within these entities. At the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of why the world is changing according to the path of corruption. If you're in a position to make changes within your respective entity, to make decisions about corruption, you'll be able to make better decisions....

MA
Aug 15, 2018

I loved this course. It helped me to get a greater view at the real issue behind corruption. The last assignment really made me think about the subject and dive in to give it my best. Thank you!

LB
Dec 4, 2017

Superb course. I learned about the cause and the effects of corruption. As a forensic investigator, this helps me in understanding the causes of corruption and financial crimes. Thank you.

101 - 106 of 106 Reviews for Corruption

By Jean-Charles F

Dec 31, 2018

Great course - thank you !

By Sarah E

Aug 19, 2020

The course content is very good; it provides clear ideas about corruption and offers ways to control it. The professor is very organized and has a clear vision and understanding of corruption, which makes the process of knowledge pass-on very easy.

However, the main problem (or hurdle) in this course is that it has a peer-review component, which in a sense might sound very helpful. Yet, it slows down your progress. I have completed the course with all its requirements a week ago, and still "NO ONE REVIEWED MY SUBMISSION" and "I CAN'T FIND PEER SUBMISSIONS TO REVIEW".

In my opinion, this is just an obstacle to a rather good learning experience...I hope this can be fixed as the course is amazing itself.

By Daniel H

Nov 15, 2016

I would have been great to have more examples of the different types of corruption, the analysis to fight it and the solutions behind it. A case-study method I believe is optimal for this subject.

By Jessica D

Jul 29, 2020

Professor was a bit lacking in enthusiasm. Good content, but not an engaging delivery.

By Marcos P

Jul 27, 2018

I found the course to be quite shallow. It focused too much on the overall negative effects of corruption (which I would assume is something most of the people interested in taking this course are already familiar with) and did not spend much time exploring solutions or innovative ways to address cases of deeply rooted corruption in both businesses and institutions. The course was not bad, but it was far from being a resource I would deem to have been useful in preparing me for dealing with future manifestations of corruption.

By Lisa E

Jul 3, 2018

do not like format of waiting for other submissions to grade before moving on with certificate