Back to Introduction to Operations Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Operations Management by University of Pennsylvania

4.4

Learn to analyze and improve business processes in services or in manufacturing by learning how to increase productivity and deliver higher quality standards. Key concepts include process analysis, bottlenecks, flows rates, and inventory levels, and more. After successfully completing this course, you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

KR
Aug 24, 2020

Great Instruction by Prof Christian - very lucid and with real world examples. Learning a business skill is mostly learning observation.. Now I know what to observe when looking for productivity!

RE
Jan 28, 2021

I found this course to be very informational; the practice and homework were excellent to prepare for the exams, and the instructor covered all material in the lectures that was on the exams.

101 - 125 of 494 Reviews for Introduction to Operations Management

By Almaz N

Sep 12, 2020

Interesting course with challenging assignments. If you work in production or you just think of an industrial career, then I would recommend this course. to you

By Pranav T B

Jun 13, 2019

A course which gives you lots of insights into Operations Management. Special thanks to Prof. Christian Terwiesh for your excellent teachings and methodology.

By Pedro C D

Jun 10, 2017

Course focused on the application. Great for refreshing memory with a basics we forget in everyday life. Congratulations, professor Christian and all the TAs.

By Thanya L

This course is quite challenge and I would like to get solution for all homework via mail. It will be good for the students to understand what they do wrong.

By Walter R

Jul 18, 2016

More involved than I first though but well taught, and highly instructive, making the formulaic side of operations a little easier to understand and apply.

By Joshua L

Jun 13, 2020

It's one of the tougher courses I've taken on Coursera. That makes it all the more meaningful to have completed it! Cheers to everyone else that did well!

By Ibraheem N

Aug 19, 2017

One of the best educational experiences I have had in a while. Business management being my absolute passion helped a lot with understanding this course.

By Jethro A D

Aug 13, 2017

Operations Management is so amazing! The concepts aid in supporting recommendations for process improvement and also introduced a lean operation system.

By Christina B

Apr 23, 2017

Excellent introduction to operations management, not "dumbed down", but includes technical concepts and terms, and challenging and insightful exercises.

By Majed A A S

Apr 26, 2020

I really want to thank the instructor Prof. Christian, excellent explanation and teaching techniques. Very good experience surely I'll do it again.

By Deepansh C

Feb 10, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Very well explained and the professor makes the course very interesting and motivational using real-life examples.

By Aswath

Jan 18, 2020

This was a great experience, I have learned a lot about operations management and even started to apply the tools I have learned in my daily life.

By Evan L

Dec 26, 2015

Incredibly useful. It enlarges your toolbox as a manager with genius metrics and simple calculations that can easily improve your effectiveness.

By Cornelius C

Apr 17, 2020

Excellent instruction and coverage of material. I would suggest new students read the forums for the correct posting format for test answers!

By Brandon M

Oct 27, 2017

This was easily the most rigorous course I have taken so far within the specialization. I appreciated the challenge and the time commitment.

By MOHAMMED S A P

Jun 11, 2017

Excellent course and lecture material to help with every accept and understanding of the Intro and deep dive into operations management

By manhar

Jun 25, 2018

this course is awesome and give a opportunities grow our career tanks coursera love you all. special thank prof. Christian Terwiesch

By Shreshtha M

Jul 7, 2020

The course makes us think deeply during the exams and really tests on the concepts taught. Good way of making us learn on our own.

By Benjamin C

Instructor was very clear, I definitely benefited from this course and would sign up for the remainder of the specialization.

By Sanjaya E

Mar 10, 2016

at first I thought it is going t be boring. But the way he speaks and gets examples it betters itself as the course moves on.

By Mireya V V F

Jun 12, 2020

Muy practico y útil para cualquier tipo de industria. Ejemplos que aclaran todos los conceptos y facilitan el aprendizaje.

By Paul J

Mar 28, 2018

The material wasn't always the most interesting, but it was always given concisely and in a way that was easy to understand

By Hasari T A

Mar 1, 2016

This has been the most challenging course so far, professor Christian makes you think out of the box with all the quizzes.

By Magno L

Sep 4, 2017

The course was very good. The classes are very enjoyable and clear. Most of the assignments make us think and ratiocinate

By Werner W

Oct 2, 2016

Great Course ! It has a big practical part where all the theory delivered can be landed to the context of real business.