Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA

Dec 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

PN

Jul 28, 2017

This is a very well defined course to give a very good start to the knowledge of People Analytics. The professors have brought in numerous examples to make the understanding of analytics better.

326 - 350 of 574 Reviews for People Analytics

By Erika C

Jul 28, 2019

Content and teachers were excellent in showing people analytics. Makes you reflect on the data at hand and how to bring more value to the leaders with the data available.

By Prathamesh C

Aug 03, 2019

The rating says everything .The best and easiest course in the specialization.

By 黄静雯

Aug 02, 2019

Broaden my horizon about collaboration, talent, performance and so on

By 泓原 藍

Aug 02, 2019

This course fostered me to think more about HR analysis!! What we should notice when doing HR analysis, and what what can we do to make the value by HR analysis, also how we can do it!

By Jurong G

Aug 15, 2019

good

By Anwesha B

May 21, 2019

Comprehensive and Insightful.

By Clint S

May 21, 2019

Good material just wasn't interesting to me

By Bhairab J H

Apr 26, 2019

Wonderful course with an exhaustive understanding of people area of analytics

By Ralph B

May 23, 2019

Good material, good teachers and a lot of good examples.

By Jyoti K

Jun 15, 2019

I really liked the content. Important concepts were discussed without using any tools. Biases discussed in the course are very important and relevant for people analytics.

By Persiya J C

Jun 14, 2019

this course from coursera was very useful in helping me understand the performanace management and staffing to a greater exten

By Vishwas

Aug 18, 2019

Easy course.Good lectures

By Diane R C

Aug 17, 2019

As a Human Resources professional, I found the course provided the support to consider more than employee effort with a solid stance.

Easy to follow!

By Prasad K

Aug 18, 2019

The course has provided me an insight to the people analytics and its allied fields. I have learnt organizational networks, talent metrics, performance measurement, and several other related areas.

I have feeling of a kind who went to party back with Big Chocolate in his/her hand.

Kudos Wharton Online. Prasad

By Zoe K

Aug 25, 2019

great course. one link didnt work on week 4. but overall great. https://marketing.wharton.upenn.edu/mktg/assets/File/Dietvorst%20Simmons%20&%20Massey%202014.pdf

By Hauwa E L

Sep 13, 2019

I really learnt a lot

By AJAY E

Aug 27, 2019

The course content is good and upto the mark for beginners to learn.

By Dillon S

Oct 24, 2019

Great examples and applications to a breadth of core concepts in People Analytics. Great to hear from faculty that have experience in the industry!

By Jia-Yiing L

Oct 05, 2019

At first I was not interested in People Analytics. I'm not HR nor a manager, so why should I care? However, I found I enjoyed the course as I learn more about how our perception or results shape how we "evaluate" our colleagues, managers, and ourselves. I also like operational network analysis as it introduced different factors in collaboration.

By Derek R

Sep 15, 2019

I loved the content and presentation of the message. This section has been most relevant to my current role.

By Arany G L

Sep 18, 2019

Excellent course!!!!!!

By Jimita S

Sep 16, 2019

The course was well structured. Good Instructors - explained the concepts effectively.

One suggestion would be to add a case study at the end of the course for us to work on.