Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA
Dec 21, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

AK
Oct 4, 2020

detailed, yet high level enough to bring any specialist into the subject. provides useful information that is beyond people analytics. very recommended or any level/specification HR professional.

151 - 175 of 961 Reviews for People Analytics

By Attilio L

May 22, 2020

Just perfect! Very encouraging. I will continuing forging my professional path and this was my first step into the People Analytics world! Hope to see the teachers often in the future!

By 泓原 藍

Aug 2, 2019

This course fostered me to think more about HR analysis!! What we should notice when doing HR analysis, and what what can we do to make the value by HR analysis, also how we can do it!

By abhijit s

Feb 13, 2018

great great learning about talent managment and performance review...very ratiolan and how we can keep biasis out of our recrutment , performance evaluation and managment of people...

By Sakshi J

Jul 25, 2020

I absolutely cherished learning the course on People Analytics. Professors were great and explained the concepts quite clearly. I didn't lose my interest in the course at any moment.

By chandrakant f

Sep 3, 2020

The course was precise and easy to understand. The course gave insights into different people's processes and how people analytics will be used for making people-related decisions.

By Prithivirajan

Mar 28, 2020

I have started to gain more interest in People Analytics and this course gave me a good exposure into people analytics as introducing me to different spectrum of analytics in HR.

By Carlos J B A

Jun 3, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Michael P B

Jun 27, 2020

The course was extremely helpful. I'm graduating with my master's in HR this year and I've found it to be a great addition to the statistical knowledge I've gained on my course.

By Katariina T

Dec 10, 2016

A very nice introduction to the topic, I very much enjoyed the course. I hope you will launch a follow-up course on how to conduct the analysis or apply these tools in practice!

By karthi

I Learned all the fundamentals of People analytics and how to make Better of the data we had about people. I think this is going to be instrumental in my Journey of Analytics.

By Cattleya M

Feb 13, 2021

This gives a very good insight to individuals who are interested in getting into People Analytics. Discussions are clear and I learned so many practical things. Thank you.

By Jimita S

Sep 16, 2019

The course was well structured. Good Instructors - explained the concepts effectively.

One suggestion would be to add a case study at the end of the course for us to work on.

By Sue F

Mar 10, 2016

I found this course to be engaging and informative. The instructors provided real practical ways of using the content in my current profession. The ideas just keep coming.

By Siddharth

Jun 24, 2019

It's a great course if you wish to gain insights into analytics without any prior knowledge or background (that was the case with me and my experience is absolutely great!)

By Jyoti K

Jun 15, 2019

I really liked the content. Important concepts were discussed without using any tools. Biases discussed in the course are very important and relevant for people analytics.

By Erika C

Jul 28, 2019

Content and teachers were excellent in showing people analytics. Makes you reflect on the data at hand and how to bring more value to the leaders with the data available.

By Lewis S

Dec 8, 2018

Incredibly valuable while remaining short and concise. Highly recommended for anyone with an interest in the People Analytics space, or evidence-based HR more generally.

By Paul K

Dec 13, 2015

One of my favorite classes - very well prepared, relevant and digestible lectures helpful to anyone working in an environment where human performance makes a difference.

By alok k

Apr 28, 2020

It was really relevant to current HR challenges. Offers context and guidelines to use analytics with a pinch of salt when it comes to understanding performance at work.

By Raphael A d V B

Jul 27, 2018

Enjoyed this course very much! The lessons are clear, simple and yet very relevant to the comprehension of the subject. Changed my way of looking at people management.

By Yu-Wen W

Jan 18, 2018

Providing a lot of examples for the concepts they wanted to explain. In my personal opinion, I think this course delivered concepts fundamentally and comprehensively.

By Amina H

Apr 8, 2021

love doing this course, Although its a part of my project but still this course give myself a personal development. THANKYOU COURSERA FOR GIVING ME THIS OPPORTUNITY.

By Gedeon N

Mar 26, 2021

It is one of the best introductions to People Analytics. These three instructors use real examples that make it easier to understand what really people analytics is.

By Sangho L

Jan 5, 2021

Great introductory course for People Analytics. It'll be great appreciated if we can have the updated version since this courses were recorded in 2015. Thank you!