Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP

Jun 16, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC

Jul 31, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

251 - 275 of 816 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By Mayor D

Dec 08, 2016

Excellent course. Very informative, foundational and enhancing.

By William D

Jul 16, 2017

Elementary level. Good Introduction

By yewon c

Sep 11, 2017

Through this course, I've learned basic knowledge and concepts of Quantitative modeling. It is helpful to getting general ideas and learning useful terms for modeling.

By Fani A

Sep 01, 2017

Just perfect!

By Azaan T

May 27, 2018

I absolutely admire the professor. Not only he motivates me to learn more about the subject matter, listening to him talk motivates me to improve my diction and my oratory skills. 10/10 would to learn from him again

By Anil A

Oct 03, 2016

This course is a jumpstarter for those who are new to modeling and their real world applications in business.

By Ala E

Jun 14, 2017

I'm new to finance. In the same time I could understood alot of info & models to use in projects.

Thanks

By María A G C C

Nov 08, 2016

I liked the course a lot, I opened my thoughts a lot on these subjects.

By Tryambak C

Oct 12, 2016

Simple and Lucid. Excellently elaborated and concepts are taught in a simple and user friendly manner.

By Inigo Q D

Jul 27, 2017

Very good course. Although I beginner's materials, It is good to refresh from time to time. I recommend taking it

By Simon V

Oct 10, 2016

This was an excellent overview course. The material was challenging and well structured.

By Ankam S S R

Oct 15, 2017

Very easily explained. Nice teaching methodology

By Maulik

Apr 10, 2017

Awesome!

By Fu S

Dec 19, 2017

The course is well designed

By Kamil O

Aug 13, 2016

Good course, gives a good fundamental overview of the material covered.

By Yuning G

Dec 03, 2016

Good!

By Michael L

Jun 26, 2016

Very clear explanation and easy to understand.

By Ravi S J

Oct 02, 2016

very good

By Mehul D

Sep 04, 2016

amazing professor and examples that made a very difficult topic comprehensible

By Deeksha S

Nov 26, 2017

The course is very useful and it is can be easily understood

By Miram I A M

Jul 22, 2017

Great

By Khomotso M

Oct 11, 2016

what a great course for businessmen out there. It was well planned out. I really enjoyed it although it seemed challenging but I never gave up

By bohan w

Oct 12, 2016

A life-beneficial course!

By K

Jul 02, 2017

Excellent content and framing of how to approach quantitative modeling.

By Prashant S

Sep 25, 2017

Very nice and concrete overview of basic modeling techniques for business and finance.