Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP

Jun 16, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC

Jul 31, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

176 - 200 of 1,280 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By Mesa I N

Dec 18, 2018

I obtained additional knowledge about this material. By learning online, I can have enough dynamic time to dig deeper without interfering with my work activities.

By Fernando P

May 23, 2016

This course is a very good introduction and refresher of the essentials of quantitative analysis and helps to set the foundations for more advance related topics.

By Md. A A T

Apr 19, 2020

The course introduced me to financial models and how they are explained. This course is really great for the beginners like me in finance and financial models.

By ricoandre

Mar 10, 2020

Excellent course. I was able to understand the workflow between collecting data, applying statistics and creating a deterministic model for making predictions.

By Siddharth G

Dec 25, 2019

Good course to learn about the quantitative models and their applications. give a good overview along with the mathematical explanation and real-life examples.

By Srinivasa M

Sep 06, 2020

The lecturers were always ended with summarizing the models and equations, which the differentiation of quality of these lectures compared to my college days.

By Eeshaan A

Apr 05, 2020

It makes you really understand all the important concepts in a wholesome manner and an essential stepping stone for future courses related to quant. analysis,

By Saeed A

Dec 27, 2018

The instructor explains it very well. For a person who had basic stats knowledge, this course has made Quantitative modeling so much fun! Highly recommended!!

By Hytham S

Dec 06, 2016

The course provides a comprehensive yet practical overview of the various methods of modeling. The narrative and slides are crisp and "straight to the point."

By Santiago M

Jul 18, 2020

Excelente! me ha brindado una vision muy completa de los fundamentos de Quantitative Modeling. Profundizando en los puntos claves con claridad y practicidad.

By Nzilani K

Apr 02, 2020

Great summary of fundamental concepts. Really appreciated the varied examples as it showed how the concepts are used practically instead of seeming abstract.

By Bryan B

Nov 21, 2019

Excelente curso, los temas se explicaron de una manera muy sencilla y los ejemplos fueron muy útiles a la hora de entender la aplicación real de cada tópico.

By Claudia P H

Apr 14, 2018

This is a very good course, the explanations are great. If you need to recall the concepts regarding Quantitative Modeling then this is a great way to start.

By Vikram J

Feb 27, 2016

Very good introductory material. Complex things broken down and explained in very simple terms by the instructor. Thank you so much for providing the course.

By Bhuvan J

Teaching style and emphasis on key concepts is commendable. Apposite use of real life problems and examples makes the course and course more comprehensible.

By Yash L

Mar 25, 2019

Its a very basic course on quantitative modeling using very simple techniques based on statistics and can be easily practiced using a spreadsheet software.

By Aparna G

Sep 19, 2018

For me the course gave me an introduction to the modelling world. The pedagogy was interesting and I felt that everything was explained in a simple manner.

By Andrew S

Mar 26, 2020

Easy to follow videos, and the quizzes are accurate assessments of the material. I am looking forward to the next modules building off of this foundation.

By Axel N

Sep 02, 2016

Very clear and presented step by step. I did take a little longer to go through everything, but it's just because I am very far away from my comfort zone.

By Arthur S d M G S

Apr 11, 2017

Excelent course for those looking for a complete introduction to mathematical functions, statistics and how they relate to modeling in various scenarios.

By Sebastiao S

Jun 06, 2020

The Course was Good, it was Difficult at First to Understand, But after reading and review the videos several times, and researching on other Platforms.

By Igor A Z A

Apr 26, 2020

I enjoyed greatly the content provided by Coursera,Wharton University and the teacher. Thank you all for making this possible and wish you all the best.

By 王冬晖

Dec 28, 2017

It's easy for physics students, and that's real fundamental math knowledge. I think maybe the course could put more detail about the math methods in it.

By Alana S A

Apr 26, 2020

Professor Is easy and clear to follow, even for someone who hasn't taken an advance math course In a while. I am glad I challenged myself In this way.

By Viviana R

Oct 18, 2020

I didn't think the Fundamentals will be that challenging. It reminds me the first years of statistics at the University! Now I'm eager to get more!!!