Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP
Jun 15, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC
Jul 30, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

201 - 225 of 1,301 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By Igor A Z

Apr 25, 2020

I enjoyed greatly the content provided by Coursera,Wharton University and the teacher. Thank you all for making this possible and wish you all the best.

By 王冬晖

Dec 28, 2017

It's easy for physics students, and that's real fundamental math knowledge. I think maybe the course could put more detail about the math methods in it.

By Alana S A

Apr 26, 2020

Professor Is easy and clear to follow, even for someone who hasn't taken an advance math course In a while. I am glad I challenged myself In this way.

By Viviana R

Oct 17, 2020

I didn't think the Fundamentals will be that challenging. It reminds me the first years of statistics at the University! Now I'm eager to get more!!!

By Bernardo M

Nov 5, 2017

The course materials and the lectures are very detailed, thorough and fully explained, hance it turns the subjects into a very easy way to comprehend.

By Alex D

Jun 15, 2017

Its a very good course, providing valuable insights but one should already have some basic knowledge of statistics in order to get the most out of it.

By Ricardo J O

Feb 9, 2016

Overall good course. Although I think some external resources could been provided to allow students to pursue more content related with the materials.

By Xi C

Jul 4, 2017

Great course! Covered lots of fundamental materials about quantitative modeling. It is a great resource to help you get a big picture about modeling.

By Saiprakash R

Apr 17, 2020

I loved the lectures. Clear, precise and well balanced. I only wish we could have answers for the quizzes so that we understand where we went wrong.

By Justice O B

Jun 2, 2019

Exceptional course. Great presentation of material, great explanation, great slides, good examples, and comfortable quizzes. I recommend this class!

By Christopher N

Apr 1, 2020

Wonderful! Would take again, very strong delivery, excellent rudimentary examples for beginners, and on a scale from 1-10, I give this course a 10.

By KAVISH K

Jun 28, 2020

The course was very well designed with many examples to explain the important concepts. It was very helpful in broadening my knowledge and scope.

By Priyaranjan P

Excellent course for understanding the basics of Quantitative Modeling & the types of Models. Although the videos could have been more appealing!

By Sahil S

May 31, 2018

Good Course with holistic coverage of the associated topics along with application based examples from various fields. I am thoroughly satisfied.

By Chyngyz S

Sep 18, 2018

Great Course, Amazing teacher explaining complicated concepts in a very simple manner with real life examples on how to use quantitative models.

By Franco M

Apr 10, 2020

Great course. Good introduction to the basic probabilistic models and a clear explanation of their possible applications to the business world.

By Evans H

Jan 29, 2017

Very helpful guide to modelling. I highly recommend to all who are interested in modelling reality to its nearest precision to start from here.

By Nachiket H

Sep 26, 2016

Great course. All the concepts have been explained very clearly. The course content has been presented exceptionally well by Professor Richard.

By Ashwin M

It was a brilliant experience. The instructor is knowledgeable and has a great disposition on the subject and the course was engaging. Thanks!

By Rishu K

A good overview of modelling for beginners. It covers all the introductory topics required be get familiar with this field. Really enjoyed it.

By Burak Ü

Jan 27, 2019

It was one of the best online-courses that I ever had. The things that I learned throughout the course was very beneficial for my job as well.

By Rafi D

Oct 7, 2017

Though introductory in nature for someone familiar with Math, the real world examples and corresponding explanations makes it really worth it.

By Mohammad I A

Nov 30, 2016

Material covered was very well chosen. The Professor's lectures were easy to grasp. Quiz questions were just tricky enough for one to slip up.

By Khomotso M

Oct 11, 2016

what a great course for businessmen out there. It was well planned out. I really enjoyed it although it seemed challenging but I never gave up

By Rounak G

Jan 6, 2017

Excellent beginner material providing you basic concepts of quantitive modelling which provides the base to modelling of real world projects.