Back to Wind Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wind Energy by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How tall is a modern wind turbine and how can it possibly generate power from the wind? This course gives an overview of key aspects in wind energy engineering. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in wind energy engineering, 'Wind Energy' is an excellent starting point. Experts located in the wind pioneering country of Denmark will take you on a tour through the most fundamental disciplines of wind energy research such as wind measurements and resource assessment, aerodynamics, wind turbine technology, structural mechanics, materials, financial and electrical systems. You will gain a rational understanding of wind energy engineering and, through hands-on exercises, you will learn to perform wind energy calculations based on simple models. Working with the different course disciplines will give you a taste of what wind energy engineering is all about. This allows you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects of wind energy engineering to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career. View our video: https://youtu.be/he4UWTGHxrY...

K

Nov 04, 2018

Firstly thanks for this useful course to DTU and Coursera. I think this will help the person who is really interested in wind energy and make the one to learn and go further in wind energy area.

Oct 08, 2019

Excellent designed course. I learned new things. This course covers most of the aspects related to wind energy. I am hopeful that an advanced course on wind energy will be introduced soon.

1 - 25 of 500 Reviews for Wind Energy

By Javaid A R

Jan 04, 2019

My first course from coursera and it was Great. I highly recommend it.

By MUHAMMAD N N

Jul 09, 2018

comprehensive course on wind energy . almost cover all aspect of wind energy .difficulty level is medium .if you are beginner and want to get know about big picture of wind energy then you this course is for you....

By Abel P

Apr 29, 2018

Really good course that gives multidisciplinary competences on wind energy. This requires focus.

By Gabriel M

Sep 24, 2017

Amazing course which covers a lot of topics on Wind Energy from introduction to what it is wind energy to structural concepts of the blade. Moreover, the group of professors are extremely skilled and they explain the contents very clearly. To wrap it up, I strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in Wind Energy.

By Alexandre P A

Feb 24, 2019

Very nice course. Well structures and capable to provide a initial contact with the area. I really enjoyed!

By Ayron D

Feb 07, 2019

The class was very informative, however, I think having some of the equations worked out would be beneficial. Some units were frustrating because some of the answers I got the first time were not correct, and I was unsure why without worked examples. Otherwise I really enjoyed the class and the information presented.

By Jonathan C C

Feb 19, 2019

An absolutely excellent course covering all the basics of wind power and its generation. There's additional resources in each section for anyone who wants to dive deep into one particular topic. For a topic so huge and advanced, this course is excellent. I recommend it to all my engineering friends with an interest in understanding wind power.

By Tuba K

Nov 30, 2018

It was very much informative, I learnt so many new things but I want more explanation of some topics and I want the assignments not to be more difficult.

By Gareth E

Jun 06, 2019

Greta content but the quiz sections need a better layout

By Ahmed E

Sep 23, 2017

I would like to recommend this course for those who are interested in wind energy field. The instructors clearly explained all basic concepts of this field and provide further resources for additional advanced level. It was effectively organized in showing all involved disciplines in this field and how they are integrated. It will help you to decide which path or department you want to go deeper (Site surveying, Measurement devices, Economy, Structural Analysis, Material and Electrical). Finally I want to thank everyone who had put an effort in preparing

By Nikhil S

Oct 26, 2017

Although I applaud the creators for their time and sharing their knowledge, I wish the course would have been covered in detail. Either it could have been a 8 week long course covering more aspects of this topic or a follow on course could be offered. Also, sufficient easy to access course handouts and reading materials should be provided. I would be glad to attend another course from the creators and DTU. Thank you very much.

By abdesslem

Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for this course.

I am PhD student in renewable energy, this course give you a good initiation in wind energy, but as PhD students, I want to work about my thesis, I want to contact your university. you know we can't neither purchase the license nor visit your university as we are just students, I hope that I find a help from you.

Thank you very much!

By John C

Dec 04, 2018

Excellent overview of full scope of wind energy industry with well-structured quizzes to test knowledge.

By Carlos T

Dec 21, 2018

Quite interesting and well schedulled

By André R M J

Jan 03, 2019

O curso é muito bom pois abrange todas as partes do que vem a ser uma turbina eólica ,falando sobre os aspectos construtivos, viabilidade econômica e retorno de investimento, além de cálculos estruturais e estudo do comportamento aerodinâmico das hélices.

By MUHAMMAD J K

Jan 28, 2019

from introduction to design and effects of the environment wind speed, design of blade, generation and integration to the grid this course cover all, very informative and well explained.

By Kamal N

Jan 30, 2019

very interesting course

By Shamshad A

Nov 09, 2018

this is my very first experience of online course through Coursera. it's very good experience, thank you DTU.

By Hesham N S A

Nov 27, 2018

amazing and very important

By Hernandez A

Nov 11, 2018

Great course, thank you!

By Yash A P

Jan 16, 2019

The course was amazing to take and I think it is the need of the hour , to shift towards other forms of energy especially wind and also solar . Due to global warming and focus on renewable forms of energy , it is in demand now .

By Ivan P

Jan 07, 2019

Excellent insight in mechanical behavior of wind turbines. General steps of wind turbine design are well explained and calculations give great sense of engineering.

By Alexis T L

Jan 23, 2019

very nice and challenging

By mustapha

Feb 11, 2019

merci beaucoup sur ce sujet qui' est très intéressant .merci de refaire ce MOOC en français ou bien en sous titre en français

By Juan L (