Back to Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C by Duke University

4.3

Building on the course Programming Fundamentals, this course will teach you how to write code by first planning what your program should do—an important approach for novice and professional programmers. You will learn how to compile and run your program, and then how to test and debug it. This course builds on the Seven Steps you have already learned and provides a framework for systematically testing for problems and fixing them, so you can find and fix problems efficiently....

KK

Instructors and the instructors who moderate the forums are great. It is a bit different way to look at programming but it makes sense and I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn C

AE
Jun 14, 2020

It is actually a hard course i guess you need to have at least the basics as some of the assignments were really hard take me a lot of time to do them. especially the poker assignment

76 - 100 of 161 Reviews for Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C

By Rajeshwari R K

May 8, 2020

Very good course for "C" beginner...!!!

By ??????

Jul 18, 2021

Great course for learning testing 5/5

By NAGA B V

Jul 3, 2020

Great experience with Duke University

By Lucy

Jul 21, 2020

great course with clear explanations

By Vrushali T

Apr 20, 2020

very helpful videos and explanations

By Mir S A

Aug 5, 2020

One of the best self-paced course!

By ASHISH K

Mar 14, 2019

very good course for the beginners

By Shubham J

Jan 5, 2019

Learned more and exercised more!

By Anna U

Dec 20, 2019

Good course, fine explanations.

By Genner A C R

May 4, 2020

Hard to complete, very indeep

By Soumyajit M

Jul 1, 2021

Hard

By BHEEMESH G

Aug 22, 2020

Good

By G N R

May 2, 2020

Good

By Ahmed M m

Jan 3, 2021

By Sk I A

Jan 24, 2020

Honestly speaking, Coursera doesn't need any review as it's already a world-class platform. But the thing for which i gave 4 star, because i have only completed 5 or 6 assignments so far and i don't know why suddenly my financial aid expired for which i had to apply for it again till then i'm not able to access my assignments after so much hardwork i have done to complete the assignments, sometimes it took me 2-3 days to solve a problem and sometime i had to wait for an week to manage.But it is proven that the Assignments are much! much! tougher than the actual thing they teach in Coursera. While studying Rectangle intersection when they taught me the logic it seemed so simple but when it comes to assignments of rectangle intersection, it literally lowered my self-esteem. The Overlapping square assignment was literally the tough where the algorithm which was written on the emacs editor of PPE was itself totally misleading, though it was a very big satisfaction when i completed the assignment and it helped me to develop my skills but i had to take help from the discussion and sometimes even discussions are of no use, you have to find your own way to solve it just like i did in the squares problem. Hope Coursera again accepts my financial aid so that i can continue my incomplete course for which i have done a lot of work. You just have spend a lot of time to complete the coursera course, as it's literally very challenging.

By Fabian d A G

Jul 3, 2021

T​he course material is really good. The specialization from the start greatly stresses algorithmic thinking for problem solving. The implementation details are not that difficult, but that could be because I've done C Programming beforehand. It's really interesting how production grade tools are integrated into the course work, so that the learner would be industry-ready. HOWEVER - The reason I didn't give 5 stars is because of the final assignment, where several test cases had to be designed for poker project. Since the source code is not available (black box testing), I have to spend 10+ hours to create test cases, generating over 80 test cases (poker hands!), just so that my cases can detect 22 problems (they do not permit partial submissions, it's all or nothing). I spent more time on poker than I spent on learning C, and I believe that is an utter waste of time and money (hello Coursera subscription!). Everything else is good, but I have a serious bone to pick with the design of that last assignment.