Back to Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C by Duke University

4.3

Building on the course Programming Fundamentals, this course will teach you how to write code by first planning what your program should do—an important approach for novice and professional programmers. You will learn how to compile and run your program, and then how to test and debug it. This course builds on the Seven Steps you have already learned and provides a framework for systematically testing for problems and fixing them, so you can find and fix problems efficiently....

KK

Instructors and the instructors who moderate the forums are great. It is a bit different way to look at programming but it makes sense and I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn C

AE
Jun 14, 2020

It is actually a hard course i guess you need to have at least the basics as some of the assignments were really hard take me a lot of time to do them. especially the poker assignment

151 - 161 of 161 Reviews for Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C

By Apostol B

Jul 27, 2020

I intended to take the whole specialization and I got through the first two courses when I decided that continuing is pointless. My goal was to become more proficient in C programming. Instead there was relatively little code to be written and I spent most of my time on black box testing. If I wanted a course in black box testing, that is what I would looked for. Even though I completed the first two courses, I consider them a waste of time and effort. I do not recommend them.

By Justin M

Mar 7, 2021

So disappointed in this class/specialization. The tools (programming environment) is buggy, slow, and a pain to use. Instruction is lacking in content and clarity. Had to waste massive amounts of time googling and looking up explanations on discussion boards.

I've taken over 50 Coursera courses, and this is the first specialization I quit because I just couldn't keep putting more effort into taking the course than the instructors put into making it.

By Jose A R A

Apr 23, 2021

Really bad course. Assignment are poorly explained, you spend more time deducting what is required than getting things done. Practice exercises requires yo to know a lot more than what is explained in the theory classes. Completing practical exercises for debugging and testing is a nightmare and provides no lessons to be applied in real life. A very poor course overall, I would not recommend it to anyone.

By muhammad i

Dec 24, 2020

good basics but the terminal environment sometimes stuck after I use it for a while, so annoying and wasting time. I need to refresh my browser again and again. can you just offer basic online editor that works like other website? thank u

By Afkar A

May 12, 2021

instructors are not good. Can't even complete the first assignment 2nd course because there are no clear instructions (written). Some instructors just read and don't explain properly. too fast

By Mir

Jun 5, 2020

The things you use for the course do not even work half the time which makes you frustrated. For exampe, 1 time in a week the application to do the assignments would work.

By Johannah C

Apr 8, 2021

Too much time spent on guess work having to do with poker domain content for producing black box tests without getting a chance to start coding.

By DurgaMallesh M

Unable to complete PPE, I spend hours of my time still unable to complete it.

By Jhonee

Aug 22, 2021

N​o practice problems or solutions in free version. quite dull

By Mr. P K R G

May 15, 2020

I have completed the course but certificate not generated.

By Ayush A

Sep 12, 2020

v bad experience ! too vague !