Back to Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C by Duke University

4.3

Building on the course Programming Fundamentals, this course will teach you how to write code by first planning what your program should do—an important approach for novice and professional programmers. You will learn how to compile and run your program, and then how to test and debug it. This course builds on the Seven Steps you have already learned and provides a framework for systematically testing for problems and fixing them, so you can find and fix problems efficiently....

KK

Instructors and the instructors who moderate the forums are great. It is a bit different way to look at programming but it makes sense and I would recommend to anyone who wants to learn C

AE
Jun 14, 2020

It is actually a hard course i guess you need to have at least the basics as some of the assignments were really hard take me a lot of time to do them. especially the poker assignment

101 - 125 of 147 Reviews for Writing, Running, and Fixing Code in C

By Seif E E

Jun 26, 2019

The Testing assignments were very challenging considering they were black box and we had no access to the code itself ,I hope better Hints are given to students as some of the tests really depended on the implementation.

By Siddhant A K

May 3, 2020

A Bit Hard course, since it has many assignments also some are complex, but 100% guaranty that you will learn to run a succesfull code by solving assignments and completing the material

By satyendra

Aug 10, 2020

grader is too confusing but the faculty managed to overcome it with their experience. I request the faculty to use alternative methods for ppe tool to not confuse students

By Siddharth R

Aug 15, 2019

Took me a while to finish this course but I am glad I finally did it on my own !!! Thank you for introducing me to git. The tool is being used at our work place !!!!

By MEGHNA K

Oct 18, 2020

It was a great course. And we gain a lot of information from this one. Hope you too enjoy completing it. Thanks Coursera.

By Courtney J

Jul 11, 2019

the PPE is really annoying -- times out arbitrarily, does weird things if you type more characters than the line allows.

By Noppadon P

Dec 25, 2020

This course looks boring at first sight but when you try to complete the course's assignment it is very challenging

By Øyvind M E

Jun 1, 2020

Good course, but if you're stuck on a particular coding problem it might take some time to fix it.

By Preeti

Jul 11, 2020

I am learn lot of thing and also clear all my doubt

It is best course for study c language

By HITESH G

Jun 13, 2019

poker question requires need more info so that students could understand ques easily

By ch4ewon

Nov 26, 2018

the last tast was awful though,

it was helpful to understand what is "test"

By Sarath K A

Dec 1, 2020

Good course. But some projects were a bit confusing for me.

By Farman A T

Aug 8, 2020

Firstly hard to beginner but very helpful.

By PARTHKUMAR M

assignment is little bit tough

By Vishwajith.K

Aug 22, 2020

well

By Akshay

Jul 11, 2020

The Readings sections in the course need a major revision. I had to spent hours trying to understand what was being conveyed. Also the README files of the assignment tasks. The language used was confusing and many times the instructions were not clear. I would suggest a revision of all the problem statements and readings.

By Blaine C

Jul 9, 2019

Alright course so far. However, to me, the README seem cryptic at times. There are times when I was saying, "WTF are they trying to say." Not a fan of VIM/EMACS, too. There were instances when redirecting stdout did nothing--had to copy the contents, rm the file, and make it again. Why? Problem on my end?

By Xuejia D

Jan 4, 2021

Some assignments are not very clear with instructions and even a huge jump between assignments. I can only get help from Forum. Sometimes one problem can stop you for several days until someone answer your question in forum.

By Leonid P

Jun 18, 2018

This course is very good (and teaches you how to use different tools like gdb and emacs), but was have some bugs with grading.

By Martin K

Feb 29, 2020

Well readme's are written with typos - shows how much "care" has been put in to this course by Duke