- Calculate and perform the various diagnostic test
- Understand and manage models for probability
- Estimation of model for time series with R
- Setting up of the necessary minimisation problem
- Understating the link between economics and the empirical exercise
- Management of data and estimation of linear models using R
- Management of the different types of data
- Derivation of OLS parameters
- Calculate and perform the t-test
- Calculate and perform the F-test
- Prove the concept of unbiasedness
- Prove the concept of of efficiency
Econometrics for Economists and Finance Practitioners Specialization
Successfully make informed economics decisions. Learn to effectively use modern econometric techniques and navigate the associated risks.
What you will learn
The Ordinary Least Squares method
How to perform hypothesis testing
Management of issues raised by identification
How to estimate the various model with R
Skills you will gain
About this Specialization
Applied Learning Project
- How to test economics and finance theories, as well as hypotheses on the relationships between variables. - Study the behaviour of prices, returns, growth and unemployment. - Effectively analyse the impact of macroeconomic changes on economic growth and performance, and forecast the future values of economic variables.
How the Specialization Works
A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that helps you master a skill. To begin, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you'd like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to track your course enrollments and your progress.
Every Specialization includes a hands-on project. You'll need to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your certificate. If the Specialization includes a separate course for the hands-on project, you'll need to finish each of the other courses before you can start it.
Earn a Certificate
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you'll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the refund policy?
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Is financial aid available?
Can I take the course for free?
Is this course really 100% online? Do I need to attend any classes in person?
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center.