Who should pursue the Global MBA?
The Global MBA is designed for professionals looking for access to leading faculty, industry experts, and alumni networks paired with flexible online learning that doesn’t compromise on quality.
You might be an independent consultant, the owner of a family business, or a leader within your company. If you are a self-starter and you want to develop capabilities that enable you to compete in a constantly changing labour market and you want learning that is meaningful and impactful, you are looking for the Global MBA.
The Term 6 application for the Global MBA is now open. The application deadline is 27 September.
Students may be accepted into the course in every term (6 terms per year).
|Application deadlines||Term dates 2021|
|Term 1||13 December 2020||11 January - 21 February|
|Term 2||21 February 2021||08 March - 18 April|
|Term 3||18 April 2021||03 May - 13 June|
|Term 4||07 June 2021||28 June - 08 August|
|Term 5||02 August 2021||23 August - 3 October|
|Term 6||27 September 2021||18 October - 28 November|
Applicants for direct admission to the degree program are required to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 5 out of 7 (Australian AQF Level 7 or recognised equivalent). Read more about the AQF levels here.
- Applicants who have not undertaken recognised studies taught in English (e.g. an undergraduate degree) are required to demonstrate proficiency in English to an IELTS of 7.0 overall or equivalent, with a minimum 6.0 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Three (3) years of supervisory (including team/project leader) or professional experience
Degree applicants are required to submit an application for admission directly to Macquarie University, with these supporting materials:
- Resume, including details of supervisory or professional experience
- Details of academic qualifications including academic transcripts and testamurs
- Two referee reports, both professional
- IELTS or equivalent English Language results dated within the last 2 years
- A personal statement video (maximum length 1 minute) including a brief introduction to yourself, why you are interested in the Global MBA, and your expectations of the programme
Graduate Certificate of Global Business Practice
Students who do not meet the Global MBA direct admissions criteria can still apply to the degree through the Graduate Certificate of Global Business Practice. You can hear more about the Graduate Certificate of Global Business Practice in this video from Macquarie Business School.
Graduate Certificate applicants are required to have an Australian Quality Framework (AQF) level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a weighted average mark (WAM) of 65, and three years (full-time equivalent) supervisory or professional work experience; OR Five years (full-time equivalent) supervisory or professional work experience.
Graduate Certificate applicants must also meet the required standard of English for this program, an academic IELTS of 7.0 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent. All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For direct admission, submit an application for the award program and attach all supporting documents as outlined in the requirements above. The admissions team will assess your application and advise you of next steps. For more information on the application process, watch Macquarie's "How To Apply" webinar.
To apply to the Graduate Certificate pathway into the Global MBA, please enter 'Graduate Certificate of Global Business Practice' within the Macquarie University Online Application Manager Application form. For more information about the Graduate Certificate Entry Requirements and process, read more here.
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.