Imperial College London
Who is this degree for:
Whether you’ve already had extensive experience in the public health field or you’re longing to build a high-impact and useful career, a Global MPH online degree shapes you into a leader in this field. Students at the School of Public Health come from paths in medicine, health policy, academic research, and more. All with one common thread: a calling to help make the world healthier and safer for all.
Cohorts and Deadlines:
Applications for 2022 entry are open!
- Round 1: 14 January, 2022
- Round 2: 11 March, 2022
- Round 3: 4 May, 2022
- Final deadline: 4 July, 2022
The next cohort starts on 1 October, 2022.
Requirements for Admission
- Normally a minimum 2.1 UK Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in a science subject or MBBS degree (or a comparable qualification recognised by the College). The academic requirement of a minimum 2.1 is for applicants who hold or who are working towards a UK qualification. For guidance on how qualifications awarded by overseas institutions may satisfy the College’s minimum academic admission requirements - see Imperial's Country index.
- Suitable applicants should have a background in: medicine, health sciences, biological sciences or environmental sciences.
- Mature applicants with relevant academic or professional experience will also be considered.
Create an application via the Imperial College ‘Apply’ webpage - this is where you will submit your application.
Prepare the information you will need to complete your application, including:
- personal statement
- academic transcript(s)
- referee contact details
- For the three year Master’s programme, students must first enrol on a one year Postgraduate Certificate programme. Students who complete the Certificate will have the option to continue on to study for a one year Postgraduate Diploma, followed by the option of a final year to achieve the Master’s qualification.
Read more about creating a strong personal statement for the Global Master of Public Health.
We aim to review applications in detail once all information has been submitted. The process takes 6-8 weeks.
All documentation-including references and proof of English language proficiency-are mandatory. We are unable to make a decision on your application if we have not received your references or other supporting information related to qualifications or english language requirements, so it is important this information and documents are submitted in a timely manner via the Imperial College online system.
For 2021–22 entry, Imperial are introducing an application processing fee for MSc and MRes courses to help cover some of the administrative and staffing costs associated with processing the large volume of applications that Imperial receives. This fee will be £80.
Imperial will waive the fee for any applicant – Home or Overseas – who demonstrates that they are experiencing financial hardship. Please see Imperial's website for further information.
Questions about the admissions process or the programme? Please do not hesitate to ask via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students from 48 countries and 6 continents
- 56% Female and 44% Male
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.