Who is this data science master’s for?
This online Master of Data Science degree gives students the opportunity to become experts in data science. Graduates will be ready to enter or make progress in fields like analytics, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence, and research. No coding experience is required to enroll, and students of all backgrounds are welcome.
The program includes three tracks:
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Researchers in Data Science
Cohorts and Deadlines:
Applications for the Fall 2021 cohort are now closed. The Fall 2021 cohort will start on September 1, 2021.
The entrance exam will take place between 21 - 23 July, 2021.
Applications are open twice a year, for cohorts starting in March and September.
Admission Requirements & Process
To be eligible for the program, applicants must have an eligible bachelor’s degree. 3 year degrees and degrees of all majors and minors are valid. There is no GPA requirement.
- All applicants must pass an online exam that tests their proficiency in basic math. To help you prepare, there are practice exams available. View the exam preparation webinar recording to walk through sample entrance exam questions with HSE faculty.
There are several key steps that you need to take in order to apply for the MDS program:
Step 1: Submit the application form
To get access to your account, click on one of the following links, based on your citizenship:
Approximately within an hour, you will receive your login and password to sign in. Fill out and submit your application from.
Please be sure to select the "Master of Data Science" program in your application. Otherwise, the HSE MDS team will not receive your application.
Step 2: Provide signed copies of key documents
Once you receive your login and password to access the application portal, complete and sign hard copies of the the following documents (All documents are available here:
- CONSENT for Personal Data Processing
- AGREEMENT between Participants of Electronic Communications
- ADMISSION FORM
Scanned copies can be uploaded to the online application.
Step 3: Send the signed hard copies to HSE at the following address:
Online Master of Data Science Faculty of Computer Science NRU HSE Pokrovsky Boulevard, 11 Moscow, Russia 109028
While HSE will be accepting hard copies of your documents, you must submit scanned copies of your documents by the final application deadline, before sending the hard copies to HSE.
Step 4: Complete the full application
- In early November, once you have received your login and password to access your the application portal, complete the online application form.
- Remember to attach the scanned copies of your signed documents to the “Other achievements” section in your account after registration is complete.
- Submit the application form
Note: If you are successfully admitted to the program, you will need to submit the following documents to HSE in order to officially enroll in the Fall 2021 cohort. We recommend that you prepare them early:
- Academic diploma with supplements/transcript
- Notarized translation of diploma with supplements/transcript into Russian
- Notarized translation of Passport/ID into Russian
- Legalization of documents
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.