Back to The 3D Printing Revolution

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The 3D Printing Revolution by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course will demonstrate how 3D printers work, show what people make with them, and examine the 3D printing ecosystem. It will also explore the future of 3D printing and discuss how this technology will revolutionize our world. The course materials include informative video lectures, on-location interviews with a variety of 3D printing experts, and engaging hands-on exercises. Learners who complete this introductory course will have a solid understanding of 3D printing and its revolutionary potential, and will be able to print and customize 3D designs. This course was listed in the top 50 MOOC's of all time by Class-Central (https://www.class-central.com/report/top-moocs/)...

RP

Jun 28, 2020

A must attend course for those who like innovation and engineering. Will become a must complete subject for engineering graduates. This technology will definitely be a part of our day to day life.

SA

May 09, 2020

It is an amazing technology that has revolutionized the world. This course really help me in understanding the 3D printers working principle and much more. I really feel proud to learnt about it.

26 - 50 of 378 Reviews for The 3D Printing Revolution

By Olomo A D

Jul 04, 2020

The Lecturer is fantastic; he made the course so interactive. There were many people and many places involved. It didn't even feel like I was in class; it felt more like a road trip. Would totally recommend to anyone who wants to learn about 3D printing.

By Sanket P

Jun 26, 2020

I was not aware of 3d printing before joining this course. This course is perfect to get knowledge of 3d printing technology. It involves introducing many firms which uses 3d printing technology to get into business which I liked most about the course.

By Craig W M

Nov 03, 2017

I knew I wanted to make stuff before this class however I'm not itching to start printing. I know what type of Printing I want to do and even the types of materials I'd like to do my first few runs. It got my creative spark going that's for sure thanks

By Khushboo J

Jun 26, 2020

I just loved this course. The way it taught and covers every aspect of 3D printing. Teaching just I want to know nothing else and in a very friendly feeling. I completed this course in 2 days because I was this excited and it is that amazing course :)

By ahmed s a h

May 02, 2016

Hello!

My name is Ahmed from Egypt, I am 3D Hubs Mayor. I think it's The first course in the internet which will give you the opportunity to know a lot of things about 3D Printing so stay tuned and register now if you interested in 3D printing.

Cheers,

By Roberto G

Apr 22, 2020

This is a great course for anyone trying to get started with 3D printing. It is highly recommended if you still waiting for your desktop printer to arrive. Even if you already got your printer and thinking to buy one I would recommend this course.

By Timothy A N ( g b T A

Oct 25, 2017

What a tremendous eye-opener this course has been! My vague concept of 3D Printing has become a more defined and refined vision of the possibilities offered by this technology. Outstanding course that has me looking forward to learning more!

By Ali M A

Sep 15, 2019

The course was really very useful and fun I think 3D printing will really make a difference in the future of manufacturing and will become more sophisticated and complex

Thanks to the University of Illinois and the Coursera platform

By Anubhav S

Apr 22, 2016

Best place to get yourself up-to-date with the "state-of-the-art" in 3D printing. I really liked 'The Revolutionaries' section where you get exposure to all the inter-disciplinary ideas floating around in the 3D Printing landscape.

By Dr. D D

Jun 11, 2020

Really wonderful opportunity to learn more about 3D Printing technology with industry experts, Entrepreneurs experience, Students project view and so on.

Thank you so much to the course coordinator and entire team of participants.

By Pascal G

May 01, 2016

Pour avoir parcouru les deux premiers chapitres, je trouve que le contenu est riche, plutôt didactique. Les interlocuteurs choisis sont des personnes pertinentes, reconnues dans leur domaine. J'ai hâte de découvrir la suite ...

By Betty S

Jan 15, 2017

Excellent course. Very well presented. I enjoyed not only the instruction sessions but also the interviews with other specialists in this fascinating field. A great course to inspire one to continue pursuing this as a career.

By Shourya A

It was an amazing course, especially the teaching style. The instructor directly took us to the marketplace and the people who are directly involved in it to teach us what is going on with the 3D printing technology.

By BOOBALASENTHILRAJ A K

May 08, 2020

Excellent Course by Prof. Aric Rindfleisch . Best course for the beginners. And the course will inspire and motivate the leaner to become a skillful person in 3D printing technology. I strongly recommend this course.

By Efrain J P H

Jun 05, 2017

Is a great way to start learning about 3d printing, I allready knew lots of the content but is presented in order, took two week what may take weeks of research, reading, web searching and still this is a better way.

By sue c l

Feb 26, 2017

I like the fact that so many leaders of 3D printing came from diverse backgrounds. And they share an infectious spirit of learning and pushing the boundaries of software, hardware and materials science.

By Rajeesh R P

Jun 28, 2020

By Sakhawat A

May 09, 2020

By Tan S Y

Jun 01, 2020

The way the course is conducted is interesting as it interviews experts in the 3D printing to share their stories and insights. This gave me good insights into how the 3D printing world is.

By Moise M

Aug 20, 2018

The course met my expectation as an excellent introduction to additive manufacturing. I enjoyed particularly the videos of company visits illustrating the broad applications of 3d printing.

By Patil P S

Jun 05, 2020

This course was very good. In our college we have 3D printer but teachers were not that much able to explain. But this course made me that able because of which I can teach to my juniors.

By Eleazar L B

Jun 20, 2017

It is a good introduction to know about the 3D printing world ( the software, hardware and materials and objects to be printed)

, how they were, how are now, and how it could be.

By Don L

Apr 30, 2016

This is a great introduction to 3d printing and the maker movement. Things I thought I knew were corrected and resources I never knew about were introduced. Very worthwhile

By Gandhi G J

Jun 17, 2020

A very well designed course and it's fun to watch all video lectures. The person who doesn't even heard the name of 3D printing before can also learn a lot from this course.

By Christopher B

Jun 20, 2017

3D Printing Revolution is a good overview course. I am looking forward to the subsequent courses in the Specialization and now know more about what we will be learning.