Back to Understanding 9/11: Why 9/11 Happened & How Terrorism Affects Our World Today

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding 9/11: Why 9/11 Happened & How Terrorism Affects Our World Today by Duke University

This course will explore the forces that led to the 9/11 attacks and the policies the United States adopted in response. We will examine the phenomenon of modern terrorism, the development of the al Qai'da ideology, and the process by which individuals radicalize towards violence....

AC
Sep 17, 2018

Excelent, what I love the most was what we learned about Islam, now we can thinking this issues under many points of view.\n\nThanks for sharing your knowledge :D

DS
Aug 5, 2020

Great course for understanding roots of terrorism and how false interpretation causes it.

1 - 24 of 24 Reviews for Understanding 9/11: Why 9/11 Happened & How Terrorism Affects Our World Today

By Kelly L S

Aug 12, 2018

The course was absolutely incredible. I learned a whole lot and will be able to use it when I start my government/military jobs. I want to work with the exact things and people we discussed in this course. You by the way, are a very knowledgeable professor. I will be looking you up for help if I ever need an

By Bamiro

Sep 9, 2020

My Country, Nigeria is faced with so many issues of terrorism and radicalization which happens most especially in the chad basin. I came here for solutions to help in the fight that is winnable with the right ideas and perspectives. 9/11 created chaos in iraq and syria amd led to Isis. We need less wars, not more

By Mayor W

I really enjoyed this course and it helped me confirm that I want to major in International relations when I get to college! It was very interesting and didn't even feel like a class because it was so interesting.

By Anayeli C

Sep 18, 2018

Thanks for sharing your knowledge :D

By Andrea N R C

Sep 1, 2020

It was a great course! I learned a lot about national defense and the Islamic culture in general.

By Darshan B S

Aug 6, 2020

By Sam B

Mar 25, 2018

Outstanding course and content; the interviews really enriched my learning.

By Endre V

Feb 24, 2019

Excellent course with a lot relevant informations.

By JOHN Q

Oct 31, 2017

excellent course....both fun and interesting.

By Antoine C

Aug 23, 2018

great

By DUMISANI B

Oct 23, 2018

An excellent course that has helped gain invaluable knowledge as well as skills ,the course content and dsign was captivating enjoyed.

By Joy S

Feb 13, 2018

good info about terrorism all the way to the present

By Alessandra W

Aug 20, 2018

Great course I learned a lot.

By Isaac I M

Dec 10, 2020

Very interesting course with some helpful guest speakers. Really helped me gain an insight into what radicalization actually is, how it happens and how it is nothing like what the media in my country tell me it is like. Manageable deadlines and I did this alongside studying for my A-Level examinations which is in essence a full time job. The certificate was affordable at £36 and I now have something to put on my personal statement when applying for university. Would strongly recommend for people wanting some further understanding of what is a major historical event or just people who want something fun to do to broaden world understanding. Suitable and relevant for people across the world not just US citizens as I am from the UK and took great benefits from the course.

By Arya R K

Apr 21, 2020

This was a very helpful course. With this course in hand, I could learn a lot about the complex situation of the middle east. The talks with experts and video conferences allow us to understand the insurgent's group in the middle east more.

By Serafín S F P

Apr 14, 2020

Since my modest point of view, I think this is a remarkable course, you can learn a lot about the issue.

By Abhishek S

Jul 29, 2020

It's an excellent course, with the appropriate rigour and nuances!

By Winston A W

Oct 20, 2020

Excellent, thank you.

By KRITIKA M

Jul 22, 2020

Great course!

By Eilidh M

I really enjoyed all of the lectures and reading material for this course as well as the guidance on writing policy memos. I thought that the assessments for the course were really interesting. However, I didn't like that the assessments were peer marked and only marked by one other person as I think there was a variation in how much people understood what we were asked to do and so the marks weren't always fair and accurate.

By Milko G

Nov 14, 2019

Very interesting course, especially the primer on Islam. The quality of the sound of the videos is sometimes a bit poor, but understandable.

By Jenny O