Back to Introduction to Ableton Live

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Ableton Live by Berklee College of Music

The new version of Introduction to Ableton Live featuring Ableton Live 10 will launch on April 20! In the past, Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) were programs used only by audio engineers with a highly specific knowledge base, on machines inaccessible to most people. But over the past 10-15 years, DAWs and the act of recording music have evolved from being a luxury of the few to being available to the masses. Ableton Live is one such application. Used by an extremely broad range of music creators, Ableton Live not only facilitates the work of engineers, producers, and writers in professional, home, and mobile studio settings, but it is also a powerful platform for musicians on stage, in the DJ booth, and elsewhere. In this Ableton Certified Training Center course developed by Berklee Online, you will explore some of Live’s most powerful and useful functionality: MIDI programming, audio recording, warping and processing, looping editing, mixing, performing, file management, and troubleshooting. Meant to be a springboard for those who are new to Ableton Live and/or DAWs in general, this three-week course will provide you with a strong knowledge base for using Live to take your musical ideas from conception to final recording. The course breaks down the many barriers of entry into music technology and encourages all those who wish, to create fearlessly. Note: If you do not own Ableton Live 10, you can download the free, fully featured Ableton Live Trial. The trial version will allow you to save and export your work for 30 days. If you use the trial version, do not download it until the course is scheduled to begin....

JE
Oct 4, 2015

This is already very, very helpful with mastering the use of Ableton, understanding how the I/O functions work, and polishing a track to the mastering level. Great program and very intuitive!

BO
Jun 29, 2018

Great first introduction into Ableton. Very clear and structured unlike a lot of the free tutorials out there. I would love to see a part 2 of this course that goes into more advanced topics.

251 - 275 of 305 Reviews for Introduction to Ableton Live

Oct 30, 2015

E

By Assaad M

Dec 8, 2018

Very insightful , the course allowed me to better organize my music, and achieve cleaner sound.

Even though it is basic, the fact is that when you are interacting with the community and submitting assignments, allows you to dive deeper into the creative process.

I highly recommend this course for any amateurs outhere willing to take their skills to another level.

Thank you coursera, and berklee for making this course available

By Mortimer R

Nov 4, 2015

Very good introduction to this software, teatcher is great and very easy to understand. I have learned a lot of good stuffs such as how to warp audio, convert audio to midi and so on... I was used to work on cubase and I have discovered the specifities and the advantages of Live.

Moreover thanks to the assignment objectives I had to force myself to be creative and It was a great feelig.

Thanks for this course :)

By Marcelo T P

Jan 29, 2020

The course was too short in my opinion. The content is great for beginners like me but it feels that it could have gone deeper. It does provide the tools necessary for a new user but it feels that a lot of the discovery after that has to be made on your own.

By GAGAN J

Dec 1, 2016

A very good course for getting a quick and effective introduction to one of the coolest DAWs around! Barra has explained everything nicely, and in an easy to grasp manner. Go ahead if you're looking for digital music production even remotely!

By Edwin H

Oct 6, 2015

Great Introduction into the program....a quick look. I felt the tutorial in the program covered a lot and most of the info here can be found on youtube. Although you don't get a certificate for watching youtube

By Peter T

May 15, 2017

Overall a pretty good course. I understand the basics of Ableton Live 9 now after I completed the course. Also without prior knowledge of music production, the assignments can be somewhat tough.

By David R

Sep 20, 2016

Great for getting me started. I feel much more confident in navigating my way around the Ableton workspace. Using blend has opened me up to some wonderful ideas and opportunities :)

By Iain P

Apr 25, 2020

Good course to explore Abelton but be aware it focuses heavily on the midi side of things and doesnt spend to much time on audio. That being said I still got a lot out of it,

By Mateusz D

Jan 31, 2017

Good as a introduction, but there was only a few people on blend so it was hard to earn their votes, hope there will apear some intermediate or advanced courses.

By Bing Q

Aug 17, 2015

It was fun. Have peer review is helpful. However, it was mainly one time comment. It would be great to start conversation and interaction among course takers.

By Sudhir K

Jun 27, 2016

Very helpful in acquiring necessary knowledge about Live. I would recommend this course to several others like me interested to get their hands on Ableton.

By Zeel D

Apr 17, 2020

Great course for beginners. This course gives a good start with Ableton Live and provides you with knowledge to get starting and making music.

By Martin K

Sep 27, 2015

Great course, I just wanted it to be more thorough :) But for beginners like me, it really helped a lot! Thank you!

By Olivier H

Jan 15, 2017

Great introduction to Ableton. If you love music, this can change the way you create sounds, melodies, rhythms,...

By Sebastian M

Jul 4, 2020

I would be also very great if you go in depth with more widening effects and more complex tricks with chains