Back to Academic Information Seeking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Academic Information Seeking by University of Copenhagen

This course will introduce you to the basic elements of academic information seeking - we will explore the search process from defining a strategy to evaluating and documenting your search results. Attending the course will make you a proficient information seeker. You will learn how to carry out comprehensive literature searches based on your own research assignment. You will be guided through the various information seeking steps from selecting relevant search strategies and techniques to evaluating your search results, documenting your search process and citing your sources. Attending the course will enable you to: • Identify your information need • Evaluate databases and other information resources • Set up search strategies and use various search techniques • Formulate search strings based on your own research assignment • Identify relevant material types • Undertake critical evaluation of your sources • Search more efficiently on the internet • Avoid plagiarism • Cite correctly • Work with reference management • Document your search process The course is intended for undergraduate students but the lessons will be useful to anyone who is interested in becoming better at finding scientific information. There are no formal requirements for the course. The series consists of 21 lectures that are organized into three modules. The lectures include small assignments and quizzes (to check comprehension). The lectures will each touch upon a topic that is essential to the information seeking process. To get the most out of the lecture series, we recommend that you access the lectures while you are working on an academic paper. We also recommend that you watch the lectures in the order in which we have structured them. We recommend that you create and fill out a log book while attending the lectures. We have created a log book template that you can use during the course. The lecture series has been developed in collaboration between information specialists at University of Copenhagen and Technical University of Denmark...

GZ

Sep 11, 2017

A detailed review of one of the most important skills in academic research: information seeking. In particular, I enjoyed the tutorials on Mendeley and reference management tools. Highly recommended!

KR

Jun 14, 2020

This course has taught me a lot of techniques in searching information for my academic researches. Thank you to all people behind this, especially to the professors in this course!

26 - 50 of 102 Reviews for Academic Information Seeking

By Paritosh D

Feb 14, 2018

Great Course for people who are new to research. This course provides an overview of the various components of the journey called research.

Thank you!

By T R

Aug 12, 2020

Thank you very much for giving this opportunity to learn and get the certificate from coursera. I am very much satisfied with this course

By Nathália G d A

Jul 13, 2020

Wonderful course that helps us to carry out academic research with quality and organization. It certainly helped me a lot in my research.

By Kawthar N R

Sep 02, 2020

This course was very useful and entertaining for me, I've learned a lot from it and i highly recommend it for any student or learner.

By PATRICIA A A C

Aug 10, 2020

It gives practical information to start in the world of documental research, it gives also many good tips. Thank you very much.

By Jonathan W

Jan 27, 2020

Excellent course. I am starting my thesis in medical science, and this helped me a lot to give structure to my research work!

By Amr W A R S

Nov 12, 2019

A very amazing and comprehensive course that leads you to how to carry out your search and document it the correct way.

By MD. E H L

Sep 27, 2020

This course taught me a lot. From now on, my search pattern will change massively, Thanks to all of the instructors.

By Mai A M

Jun 21, 2019

I AM REALLY GRATEFUL FOR HAVING SUCH AMAZING CHANCE TO LEARN ABOUT THE NEW TECHNOLOGIES USED IN RESEARCHING

By MUGISHA C B

Aug 11, 2020

I am glad I did this course. I have found the lecture on reference management tools especially helpful.

By doaa t m a

Oct 20, 2016

it is Avery good course and provide lots of information about searching process and tool of management

By Saleh A H M

Jun 30, 2020

I think this course is great for anyone who wants to make a great research paper.

So I recommend it.

By Angel C

Sep 28, 2019

Excelente curso para aprender habilidades y buenas prácticas en los procesos de investigación

By Anna C M M

Jan 19, 2016

The reading material is not good (it' s even bad) , but the course videos are excellent.

By Francisco R

Great course, practical, specific, well documented and valuable. Congratulatios to all

By Monica F

Sep 07, 2017

It was a great course. I got to know tools that will help me improve my research.

By Mr U V

Jul 18, 2020

A very good course for a beginner who want to enter in to fields of research.

By SRINIVASA R Y

Apr 22, 2020

The course is very useful for educators, researchers and students as well.

By Liu Y

Apr 04, 2017

It is very useful by covering all related aspect in information seeking.

By Sichon L

Jun 07, 2016

Very useful for university students or people who new to research world

By WRIJU M

An essential tool-kit for anyone looking to make a career in Science.

By Elaine C

Feb 19, 2016

As an experienced researcher I learned a lot from doing this course

By Arturo B

Nov 07, 2016

Excellent, and important to investigation and intellectual working

By DR. V P P

Aug 06, 2020

The course is very helpful to the research scholars and tutors.

By Muhammad A U B

Jul 17, 2020

Great course! I have learnt how to search for academically.