Back to Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn how to use accounting to facilitate and align decisions made by owners, managers, and employees. You will learn how accountants create, organize, interpret, and communicate information that improves internal processes and allows organizations to identify and leverage opportunities to create value within the supply chain and with customers. You will be able to: • Understand what managerial accounting is and why it is an important function for successful businesses • Identify problems associated with relying on financial accounting information for internal decision making • Organize cost information according to the decision-making needs of the organization • Apply activity-based costing (ABC) and recognize circumstances and decisions for which ABC systems are relevant • Address common "what-if" questions using cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis and apply CVP in a variety of scenarios This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

AS
Oct 6, 2017

Enjoyed this course as part of the Online MBA from UIUC. The concepts are solidly explained with examples and plenty of practice exams that you can re-take unlimited times to test your understanding.

VB
Aug 10, 2020

I have been using most of the terminology in my regular work , however now I could understand it better. I am sure the applicability of the terms would be more appropriate . It was a good learning.

51 - 75 of 253 Reviews for Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis

By Zakaria F

Jun 27, 2020

Excellent course ! I've learned a lot, and I'm sure this will help me open doors in my professional career

By Sifat M I

Jun 13, 2020

Thank You Very much for such a nice arrangement. This really benefitted me. I liked the course very much.

By sarah a m a a r

Feb 14, 2019

this is a very helpful course for those who really want to be in a position of decision making in any firm

By Nate A

Feb 8, 2020

Professor Gary Hecht makes Managerial Accounting interesting and relatively easy to learn. Enough said!

By Sillo J

Jul 17, 2017

this course made me a better financial analyst. its a must do for everyone in the finance department.

By Carlos S

Feb 11, 2019

Interesting course that teaches you all the intricate details of cost based management decisions.

By fidelis o

Feb 12, 2019

Never liked accounting but Professor Gary sure made it look super easy. I recommend this course.

By Luca G

Jun 21, 2017

It was a good base course, may be we could have done more, but I understand time is not so much.

By Galo A P C

Nov 27, 2020

Weel explained, exelent indeed. I strongly recommend this course. Thanks Profesor! Nice course.

By Cristopher H

Jul 23, 2020

Really good course, I hope that the all specialization has courses of this type and quality

By gunasekhar

Apr 19, 2020

It's an excellent course structured with detailed explanation along with relevant examples.

By Nathaniel A T

Oct 15, 2020

I learned so much during the course and took what I learned and applied it at my comany.

By Zeki K

Feb 10, 2019

Professor Hecht explains clearly subjects, mini projects and quizzes are well designed !

By Amit T

Apr 15, 2019

Excellent Course and explain managerial accounting concepts is a very simple language.

By Siddique S

Jun 6, 2021

Very informative course. The information learnt will help me pass the CMA exam.

By Stanley J S I

Jun 15, 2020

Professor Gary helps make accounting an interesting subject! Great instructor!

By Dhinesh A D

Jul 6, 2021

Great course to learn the fundamentals of financial and managerial accounting.

By BOBBALA T R

Dec 11, 2020

well trained by faculty and well explain by member ....very help full thankyou

By Dustin C K

Sep 19, 2017

Great Instructor. Provided great information and useful knowledge in the intr

By Thanduxolo R M

Apr 12, 2021

It was challenging but I learnt a lot, for a former Media Studies grtaduate

By Axkana L V B

May 13, 2019

Excellent course. I'm learning so much with the information and the quizzes

By David H

May 1, 2018

great teacher, explains material well. great slides and easy to understand.

By Digvijay

Aug 7, 2017

A must do course for all aspiring managers! Beautifully carved each module.

By Francesco H

Oct 11, 2017

I can only say thank you. Quick linear, clear and mathematic. Thank you!!!

By Sharun H

Aug 1, 2020

It was informative and helps us get a better understanding of accounting.