Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics, such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER
Jul 23, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP
Apr 1, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

76 - 100 of 486 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By maria i m C

Dec 4, 2015

I found this course to be very enriching in understanding the physiological reasons why the person addicted acts and thinks in a peculiar way and also very enlightening as to why the relapse is so frequent in recovering addicts

By D Y

May 11, 2021

Dr. Michael Kuhar puts together a fantastic and informational program that challenges public and media misconceptions. I learned a lot of factual information not clearly advertised or available from other information sources.

By Jana H

Aug 30, 2020

I enjoyed all the lectures. Dr. Kuhar's calmness and enthusiasm for the subject was inspiring.

I live in Canada and our laws and policies are slightly different but I still appreciated reading about laws and policies in US.

By Mert H D

May 3, 2020

As a medical student from Turkey, I can say Mr. Kuhar is a great scholar and lecturer and I've learnt so many things during this long e-journey. I am thankful to Emory University and Prof. Kuhar for arranging this course.

By Citizen F

Sep 15, 2015

I found both the course content and the Professor very engaging and thorough. I appreciated the methodical manner the scientific content was provided and the visuals were absolutely key to helping me to completely grasp.

By Martha I R

Mar 13, 2017

This course is an amplified knowledge basket that can settle in any person who is directly or indirectly affected of substance addiction or abuse. It is great to have available this kind of courses, highly recommended.

By Alejandra S G

Jun 26, 2020

Está muy completo para ser nivel básico. En mi opinión me habría gustado que indagara más en los aspectos buenos y posibles del aceite de cannabis para ciertos tratamientos.

Pero ha estado muy bien el curso igualmente

By PRANAY D

Aug 22, 2017

I am really very happy with the course and the way my professor has taught me . I came to know a lot of new things and im glad to be a step further than my friends . I definatly suggest my friends also

thanking you

By Andrés F C A

Jun 22, 2019

Muy buen curso, aprendes de manera interactiva sobre cómo funciona el cerebro humano relacionado con las adicciones. El cerebro es un complejo órgano con muchas "drogas naturales" que nos permite la supervivencia

By Pipob P

Oct 4, 2015

Very insightful, although some of the assignments were a bit easy. Perhaps we could have a discussion of the 'rat park' experiments and maybe even the possibility that some drugs can be used for recreational use?

By Maria M

Sep 20, 2015

Short and very understandable lectures. Very interesting topic and the professor is very good and a master on this topic. No need for background on neuroscience since the professor explains everything very well.

By Lisa O

May 2, 2017

I thought this was a great course on learning how drugs affect the brain. Everyone who has dealt with someone addicted to drugs should watch this. It gives you a better idea of what people are going through.

By Ibrahim Y

Aug 13, 2015

this is an amazing course and there is a lot to learn. the course director took his time to explain things for even a layman to understant. Perfect course with perfect lectures. I loved every aspect of it.

By german e

Nov 22, 2019

Excelente curso, les felicito por el profesionalismo del Dr. el cual es una eminencia en este tema, muchas gracias.

NOTA: como puedo comunicarme con relaciones públicas de la universidad de Emory

By Laimona S

Mar 14, 2021

This course has really helped me gain thorough knowledge and research direction in this field. Thank you Prof. Michael Kuhar for the wonderful course material and very good examples.

By Andre B

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you for an inspiring and informative course. The material has taught me much about my life and work and how to make a difference in the world. Most inspiring. Thank you!

By Thomas H

Jul 29, 2017

very comprehensive insight into brain functions and their impairment through drug use, together with useful hints on how to deal with the phenomenon and how to help those in need

By Angel M P

Apr 20, 2018

Un excelente curso, muy completo muy didáctico y abordó varios temas con gran prundidad lo recomiendo como herramienta básica parta los que d les interesa el tema de las drogas

By Sami

Aug 22, 2016

This is a very well structured, very well explained course. It gives an original insight into the workings of the human mind, and how substances can impact it in various ways.

By Farida A

Aug 19, 2020

I liked the course very much. And hope more and more people will take it and share the obtained information with others, so we can prevent the society from taking the drugs.

By Open C

Jul 5, 2016

The course taught me a lot about how brain gets addicted, What happens in our body after taking drugs, why the test and screen for drugs designed in particular way, etc.

By Abhishek C

This course was a perfect beginning to understand the basics of how drugs affect the brain and to elicit the interest in knowing more about about these drugs. Thank you

By Heather B

Jul 20, 2018

This was an extremely interesting course. Dr. Kuhar does a phenomenal job of diving into the mechanisms and complexities of addiction and what happens to the brain.

By Prajwal S S

Nov 8, 2015

Addiction is not only about smoking and alcohol and drugs, its way way beyond that and thanks to Dr. Michael Kuhar and the Emory university for revealing it to me.

By René F N

Feb 27, 2020

Very good and general overview of the biological and social issues around addiction. It's the perfect primer or refresher -- depending on your state of knowledge.