Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

251 - 275 of 328 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By monet0203

Aug 18, 2015

Great course into the physiological aspects of addiction and brain psychology. Please have expand the course.

By Peter G

Jan 02, 2017

Very well-presented course with excellent illustrations. Gives a good overview on addiction with pharmacology, with good links to further reading. I found the title slightly misleading though, as the course presented very little information on brain physiology except for the dopamine receptors.

By Holly J

Sep 26, 2016

The information was great. My only complaint would be how dry the lectures were, and I do not meant the content, I meant the delivery.

By Alqassem Y H

Dec 26, 2016

Great course, wish if it was focused more on the glutamate and dopamine roles in addiction and relapse. thank you

By Sobia K

Aug 02, 2016

this is very informative coures

By Madelyn S

Oct 02, 2016

Very informative

By Abhilasha S

Sep 26, 2015

So far, very educational , would appreciate if the videos would be little more discriptive

By Josh B

Sep 29, 2015

A great insight into the addicted brain and what can be done about it all. A great broad introduction into drug addiction and the brain.

By John M

Oct 25, 2016

A great overview of relevant material and a well negotiated outline of how harm reduction can positively impact longterm drug abuse.

By Matthew S

Aug 16, 2017

I enjoyed this course overall. I think I would have like to looked deeper into the neurophysiology behind addiction, but understand that can get pretty complex and would probably require a larger curriculum. Thanks for the lessons!

By Deepak G K

May 13, 2017

I was just curios to know about drugs and how it works and the impacts of it to a human being and society. This course is good for a beginner and gives a kind of very brief idea on how , what and why of Drugs. I am from a non medical background but majority of the courseware had good examples and explains stuff to make me understand.

By Alfred C S

Nov 01, 2015

Well-structured and very factual. Also many resources made available for further learning.

Aug 27, 2015

Very clear and organized materials.

By Learner I

Aug 19, 2015

This is a useful basic refresher course for anyone who works or volunteers in the substance abuse field. I wanted to know the latest brain research and get an update on the various drug categories.

By Gerald B

Jun 24, 2017

quick course, focused on how rehab could work - insightful and thorough for the length - good clear professor.

By Erica B

Sep 08, 2015

Great course. It could have been a little more dense with technical information, but it was excellent for a broad overview of the topic.

By Shahjahan B

Aug 17, 2015

Great contribution to healthy humanity.

By Tonatiuh G R

Jul 16, 2017

It was a great course. I really appreciate that the lessons were not that long. However I feel that the course can use more animations such those used here. I feel I dud learned a lot about addictions, something that is very important because I do work as an addiction counselor. Thank you so much!

By Yu S

Aug 31, 2015

The course gives a very comprehensive overview of what drugs are and how it affects the brain, as well as practical advice for person and government. It addresses the issue in a scientific but simple way, that makes people really understand what we are dealing with, especially with the concept of comorbidity.

By golnaz h

Dec 01, 2015

The content was great, the presentation was a bit dry, but I feel I got a lot out of this course.

By Yael A

Jun 08, 2016

Very comprehensive but easy to follow. I only regret the "pro animal testing" proselytism here and there.

By Christopher E W

Oct 25, 2015

Fairly interesting course. I learned quite a bit I can say from taking this class. Some of the content seemed irrelevant. But overall a great course!

By james e c

Sep 04, 2015

Well designed course. I have a couple of close family members who are addicts...pills and gambling. I highly recommend this class. The professor is excellent and I've benefited from his lectures.

By Daniel F R R

Apr 14, 2016

Nicer

By Deborah M

Oct 09, 2015

This is a very interesting course. Some of the material is pretty difficult, but it is presented in a clear manner. I learned a lot from the professor.