Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER
Jul 23, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP
Apr 1, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

376 - 400 of 467 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Stefanos A B

Feb 20, 2016

While providing some knowledge about drugs and drug-addiction, I would have preferred a more in-depth guide into the inner workings of the brain related to drugs. Nevertheless it served as a good introduction to addiction.

By Alex N

Aug 19, 2015

Very comprehensive on all aspects on drug addiction, though a bit too difficult for those without any medical or biological background knowledge. More animations / diagrams for illustration would make the course better.

By Leda M

Sep 3, 2015

I enjoyed the material and flow of topics presented. I did have some trouble getting a few of the videos to load in the module on Neurotransmission (week 5), which was unfortunate. Very interesting, thanks!

By JJ H

Oct 8, 2015

A great and informative course. Very clear and interesting! I would have appreciated a bit more if it discussed more tips to help prevent/deal-with drug abuse or addiction. Thank you for the course!

By james e c

Sep 4, 2015

Well designed course. I have a couple of close family members who are addicts...pills and gambling. I highly recommend this class. The professor is excellent and I've benefited from his lectures.

By Learner I

Aug 19, 2015

This is a useful basic refresher course for anyone who works or volunteers in the substance abuse field. I wanted to know the latest brain research and get an update on the various drug categories.

By Lea B

Nov 27, 2020

very informative and well constructed

However, a bit biased towards negative effects of certain drugs without talking about their positive effects that are supported by research as well

By Laura R

Aug 10, 2020

I found the course very interesting and easily explained, I think that marihuana use should be rewied due to the several estudies from 2017 untill 2020. Great course, I recomend it.

By MITESH S

Oct 18, 2015

This is a very good introductory course on the various aspects of addiction. I wish they would introduce a second part with more comprehensive information.

By Deborah M

Oct 8, 2015

This is a very interesting course. Some of the material is pretty difficult, but it is presented in a clear manner. I learned a lot from the professor.

By Anna C

Sep 18, 2015

Real interesting and useful course, but since it's not my major, though sometimes hard for me to understand some concept. Still quite good! Nice teacher!

By Christopher E W

Oct 25, 2015

Fairly interesting course. I learned quite a bit I can say from taking this class. Some of the content seemed irrelevant. But overall a great course!

By Josh B

Sep 29, 2015

A great insight into the addicted brain and what can be done about it all. A great broad introduction into drug addiction and the brain.

By Erica B

Sep 8, 2015

Great course. It could have been a little more dense with technical information, but it was excellent for a broad overview of the topic.

By mohamed h G H

Jul 30, 2020

sincerely. it was a great trip that was so fun .I had learned a lot of things that change whole picture about addicts , thanks so much

By Holly J

Sep 26, 2016

The information was great. My only complaint would be how dry the lectures were, and I do not meant the content, I meant the delivery.

By Kathy S C

Apr 27, 2016

This was very informative and right on the mark with how society feels and what is available in the lines of treatment/help.

Thank you.

By John M

Oct 24, 2016

A great overview of relevant material and a well negotiated outline of how harm reduction can positively impact longterm drug abuse.

By Dominic S

May 12, 2017

A very interesting course with a wide range of educational material. Perhaps could be a little more challenging though.

By Alqassem Y H

Dec 25, 2016

Great course, wish if it was focused more on the glutamate and dopamine roles in addiction and relapse. thank you

By SOFIA G

Dec 15, 2020

very interesting course. i learnt many things about drugs, addiction and how affect the whole body. thank you!

By Gerald B

Jun 24, 2017

quick course, focused on how rehab could work - insightful and thorough for the length - good clear professor.

By monet0203

Aug 18, 2015

Great course into the physiological aspects of addiction and brain psychology. Please have expand the course.

By Fiona M S

Aug 4, 2020

a very in depth course at times the technical jargon could get a bit confusing for the average lay person

By Yael A

Jun 8, 2016

Very comprehensive but easy to follow. I only regret the "pro animal testing" proselytism here and there.