Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics, such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

ER
Jul 23, 2020

One of the best course. Before I took up this course I have negative feelings towards the drugs addicts. But this course completely change my behavior and opinions towards them. Thank you so much.

CP
Apr 1, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

426 - 450 of 475 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Shahjahan B

Aug 16, 2015

Great contribution to healthy humanity.

Aug 27, 2015

Very clear and organized materials.

By Westley C

Jul 7, 2020

The epidemiology is out of fdate

By Sobia K

Aug 2, 2016

this is very informative coures

By Raquel G

Feb 27, 2019

es un curso muy informativo

By Sheeraz M

By lorna h

T

By Karen S

May 6, 2017

I was a bit disappointed about the lack of exposure to different models for thinking about addiction and the effects of addiction on the brain. Current theories were presented as "facts"; correlations were presented as causation without further considerations of alternative perspectives. It was a satisfactory very basic overview of current thinking about addiction, but would benefit from a wider consideration of different models.

By Jakub B

Oct 9, 2015

Maybe because I am a med graduate already I expected much more from this course. It was ok, but my impression was always like there was too much of talking what important stuff is going to be discussed, but not really the facts themselves. I would rather learn more practical knowledge. Anyway I learnt some new things as well.

By Luiza M R d S

Jul 27, 2020

I think it should have "Introduction" somewhere in its title because the lectures are not so deep. Anything that it covers can be found in the professor's book or in any pharmaceutical book. So, if you have some knowledge about it, maybe this course isn't for you. But if you want to start on this topic, it may be helpful.

By Altug k

Jun 14, 2016

The course satisfied me in various aspects. It is brief and clear. Thank you for our instructor for nice presentations.

Nevertheless, I would expect more about pharma and treatment apporaches. More about drugs available in the markets and new trends.

Psychotherapy applications / demonstrations would be very useful.

By Iskra K

Apr 5, 2016

Course give very good information, but the "The addicted brain" its not the correct name.

Second part of the course give more detail information about different drugs and body biology, but its not directly related to the Brain.

However, the training its very good, just change the label.

By Ellen W

May 8, 2016

Knowledgeable professor. Distracting background. I prefer direct eye contact rather than having the professor sometimes filmed not looking directly at the camera. But the course gave excellent information and I enjoyed it.

By Joshua J F

Sep 3, 2015

I learned some important concepts, but all of the material was repeated many times. If the redundancy of information were eliminated, imagine how much more students of this course could learn!

By Dorothy H

Jul 2, 2016

Worth skimming fast through for free to learn a little something about the brain. Don't expect to learn much about the brain though. The title is a little misleading.

By Giuliana B L

Jul 8, 2020

Muito sacal. O professor apenas lê e fala com uma voz bem cansativa. O curso em si não trás muitas informações diferentes das encontradas facilmente na internet.

By Nathalie A

Jan 4, 2016

Maybe too easy... And too focused on the society more than on the brain itself. Enjoyed it though.

By Kostadin K

Jun 17, 2016

Well, I expected more and more debt, It seems the course is oriented to the general public.

By Tri N

Aug 20, 2015

I will rated number 3 because I want to learn more new stuff about protections of my body.

By Alicia D R

Jun 30, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this class, and appreciate all of the information it entailed.