Back to The Addicted Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Addicted Brain by Emory University

This is a course about addiction to drugs and other behaviors. It will describe what happens in the brain and how this information helps us deal with and overcome addiction. It will also discuss other topics such as government policy and our vulnerability to take drugs....

CP

Apr 02, 2018

I learned a lot from this course that I have been able to use in a ministry capacity. If you are trying to help others with addiction or understand it for yourself, this is the course for you.

AN

Mar 30, 2017

This course is truly wonderful, many intellectual mind-opening surprises... for example I almost fell out of my chair when I learned of vaccinations development effort to counter addiction.

176 - 200 of 325 Reviews for The Addicted Brain

By Alyse R

Jul 31, 2017

Great course. It will definitely help me with the course I teach to 10th graders with a unit regarding drug addiction.

By Angela T

Jun 02, 2016

I am a graduate student of counseling. This course added a dimension to my coursework and future career that was both needed and very much appreciated. Ideas are broken-down into understandable portions. It is helpful to have some knowledge of how neurons work and terms associated therein.

By Stacey

May 13, 2016

Excellent course!

By Lisa O

May 02, 2017

I thought this was a great course on learning how drugs affect the brain. Everyone who has dealt with someone addicted to drugs should watch this. It gives you a better idea of what people are going through.

By Rick W

Oct 20, 2017

Addiction is a major problem in the U.S. I wanted to gather as much information as possible to understand both the problem and some the major solutions to successfully attack the problem. This course is one I highly recommend to anyone who is concerned and who may wish to work to help reduce drug addiction. Dr Kuhar has offered a great learning experience.

By nicky g

Sep 24, 2015

Really enjoyed this course very informative

By Ali

Oct 07, 2015

Good course. But a little too easy for psychology majors.

By Ronnie K V

Apr 05, 2017

Detailed information in an easy to understand format.

By Mukhilarasan R

Jul 05, 2016

The course taught me a lot about how brain gets addicted, What happens in our body after taking drugs, why the test and screen for drugs designed in particular way, etc.

By Yvon M

Dec 26, 2017

This was an excellent course. Great professor. I learned a lot! Highly recommended!!

By Catherine A

Dec 04, 2015

Great course, very interesting and clear. I was drinking the talk (it is a french expression :-) )

By Maria M

Sep 21, 2015

Short and very understandable lectures. Very interesting topic and the professor is very good and a master on this topic. No need for background on neuroscience since the professor explains everything very well.

By Ji H M

Feb 26, 2016

I

By Jorge A Z L

Nov 05, 2015

interesting

By Luz M V R

Oct 10, 2017

I am very pleased with this course, it´s very clear, concised and got to the point. I love the way is taught. Thank you

By Shayantani C

Mar 03, 2016

One of the finest courses of the Coursera. The topic is interesting as to how certain release of chemical neurotransmitter is involved in day to day life factors . The experiments and scanning of the brain imaging techniques show how the brain responds in various factors like how a drug addicted brain differs from the normal brain in metabolism. Interesting

By María A V U

Sep 07, 2015

I like very much this class, I've learned a lot, and is very usefull for my career! Thanks

By Esther A

Jan 14, 2016

This course is very useful, practical and very easy to understand. It has really given me new insights into the disease of addiction.

By Rae J H

Nov 02, 2017

This course taught me the intricacies of our brains and drug use. As an addict it was very informative and it helped in my decision to quit abusing drugs and to be clean and sober. As of the date of this review, I have been sober for 2 years. Thank you for offering this course and for granting me financial aid to pay for the course. Coursera has helped to turn my life around in a positive way.

By Laura S H R

Feb 24, 2017

Me encantó. Muy bien explicado y con información que puede ser corroborada.

By Muhammad A

Dec 18, 2016

The course is useful but I hoped that it would cover the area of treatment better than that.

By Maria T H S d l B

Jun 13, 2016

Thank you for this course, professor Kuhar. I really appreciate the organization and the contents. I appreciate your deeply interest for this subject.

By Matthew N M

Aug 18, 2015

Excellent and interesting course on a very important topic. Very professional production and high quality lectures. It was quite easy, apart from the brain chemistry sections.

By Wendy S

Jan 02, 2016

Excellent insight into how we become addicts. Encourages further research.

By laurie t

Dec 01, 2015

The instructor presented the material in a very clear and compassionate way. The spee