Back to Advanced Data Structures in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Data Structures in Java by University of California San Diego

How does Google Maps plan the best route for getting around town given current traffic conditions? How does an internet router forward packets of network traffic to minimize delay? How does an aid group allocate resources to its affiliated local partners? To solve such problems, we first represent the key pieces of data in a complex data structure. In this course, you’ll learn about data structures, like graphs, that are fundamental for working with structured real world data. You will develop, implement, and analyze algorithms for working with this data to solve real world problems. In addition, as the programs you develop in this course become more complex, we’ll examine what makes for good code and class hierarchy design so that you can not only write correct code, but also share it with other people and maintain it in the future. The backbone project in this course will be a route planning application. You will apply the concepts from each Module directly to building an application that allows an autonomous agent (or a human driver!) to navigate its environment. And as usual we have our different video series to help tie the content back to its importance in the real world and to provide tiered levels of support to meet your personal needs....

DB
Oct 12, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

SU
Jun 7, 2017

Fantastic course! I would recommend to anyone interested in learning the graph data structure in a fun and hands-on and engaging way! Definitely one of the best courses I have followed on Coursera.

276 - 280 of 280 Reviews for Advanced Data Structures in Java

By Justin M

Jul 22, 2020

I liked the subject matter and it was nice to have half the class focus on algorithm development and application, but a lot of obvious teaching was not done. I don't like courses that essentially require me to teach myself by googling things (implement Comparable in this case) as I'm taking a course to have the information/skills presented to me.

By Alan M

Jan 24, 2016

Interesting things about graph algos, but I think the content should be more challenging

Especially the last two weeks, a quick quizz and a free assignment the automatically give full grade whatever the content

By Nicolas F

Mar 8, 2021

I left the course because arriving at week 3, I realized that no-one is helping anymore when someone is stuck, especially not mentors. The forum is full with requests for review, and helpful content is rare.

By Luka P

Feb 3, 2016

The course is really way to easy. It could be done all in one day, definitely not worth 80$.

By LAURENT P A

Mar 19, 2016

Dijkstra and A star algorithms courses are a bit short