Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

UL
Oct 5, 2020

This is one of the most interesting course on Coursera. I'm really glad that I completed the course and earned a certificate. The videos and the PDF documents are very informative!

DB
Aug 16, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

301 - 325 of 357 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Xiao L

Dec 15, 2017

Lecture is great. Resource is useful, too. The only problem is those peer-grade assignments. I'm not getting any effective feedback. Well, I take it seriously and try to give advice when I'm grading others' essays. It just feels not fair.

By Robert E L

Apr 14, 2016

Fantastic! Good work that the teacher can compact the course section to less than 10-minute videos each week, and it is clear. Easy to grasp . . . help a lot for my initial study! MLA format and work cited page are great too . . . thanks!

By Mehvish K S

Jul 15, 2020

It was a deeply enriching experience that enhanced my writing skills, taught me about the delicate nuances of different types of essay writing and prepared the academic groundwork for me to undertake rigorous research work in my field.

By Ana C D S F

Oct 14, 2019

Pena não ter tido acesso as avaliações. Acho que mesmo que não possamos ganhar o certificado, na condição de ouvintes, poderiamos ter acesso aos quizzes.

By André C F d S

Sep 29, 2020

A good course, but there are some problems with the structure and some repetitions, The part about plagiarism in music isn't necessary.

By Iqra K

Nov 22, 2018

This course was very helpful in honing my essay writing skills and I would definitely recommend it to other learners.

By E

Mar 17, 2018

A good tool to get acquainted with proper writing, how to order thoughts and presentation, supported by evidence.

By Ishita K

Oct 12, 2020

It's very helpful, insightful. Learned new things by writing my own essays and giving reviews to other students.

By Rimante J

Nov 29, 2020

I expected being rated by the professionals and not by the strangers who would but whatever grade...

By Muriel O

Jan 25, 2016

I have learnt so much for doing this course. I have recommended the course to friends and families.

By Luis J

Apr 13, 2016

It was really useful. From now on I will start applying everything I've learn in my collage tasks.

By Abdul H

Feb 7, 2016

It would be extremely useful to me as it is teaching me techniques to write advanced-level essays.

By Rukhsar B

Aug 10, 2020

I have learnt how to write different type of essays and how to cite your essays with MLA format

By Chonnikran T

Nov 27, 2020

This course is so great, you can practice more about your writing skill. Enjoy!!

By Arsha M

Oct 5, 2020

A very good course to improve ykur writing skills.. extremely happy about it :)

By Rima A

Sep 9, 2017

This course is very effective and useful to make your essay look better.

By Amr W A R S

Dec 6, 2019

It is a very good course. However, the assignments are very lengthy.

By Sumaya M

Sep 29, 2020

This course was really helpful with regards to academic writing.

By David R G

Sep 14, 2020

It is a good course but I don't like the homework grading method

By Zannatuge j

Sep 12, 2020

Through this course i have learned how to write enriched essay.

By TANIA M

Jul 30, 2020

Amazing effort by the teachers. Basic and knowledgeable course

By Nikhil.K

May 9, 2020

The course was good and I learnt so much for my future.

By Keerthana S N

Jul 11, 2020

Thank you for this beautiful platform

By Ng K

Dec 6, 2015

nice things to do and good examples.

By IVAN L

Jan 26, 2017

You need to check out his course.