Back to Age of Cathedrals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Age of Cathedrals by Yale University

An introduction to some of the most astonishing architectural monuments the world has ever known—Gothic cathedrals. We shall study the art, literature, intellectual life, economics, and new social arrangements that arose in the shadow of the cathedrals and that were such an important part of the revival of cities in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. The goal of the course is a better appreciation of the High Middle Ages, a world that is still recognizably our own....

CL

Jan 7, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I learned so much about cathedrals and their history. The professor was engaging, the forums were lively, and the imagery and music was beautiful and inspirational.

JK

Apr 13, 2021

Really enjoyed it. The information and way it was presented was very interesting. I would even do it again as it had a lot of information in it...cant wait to visit the cathedrals we studied about.

51 - 75 of 162 Reviews for Age of Cathedrals

By Angela T

Mar 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learnt a great deal. It was really well presented with very good lectures and images. It was excellent.

By H. R C C

Jun 6, 2020

I enjoyed and learned a lot, grate course. I would like to know the name of the books you have about the subject. Thank you very much.

By Marianne G V

Oct 27, 2020

An excellent and interesting course with a great teacher. Now I want to visit all the architectural monuments included in the course.

By Judith F

Very interesting!

I enjoyed it a lot, and can't wait to one day be able to visit a cathedral again, this time with new eyes. :-)

By KARLA G

Nov 17, 2020

an amazing and interesting course for everyone who is interested to know about history and architecture of gothic cathedrals

By Natalia

Mar 19, 2019

I was really exited about the cource, and now going to visit France to see everything I have heard about! Thank you a lot!

By Luz Q

Jan 21, 2021

It is a very good course. I have learned a lot and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in art. Thank you very much

By Martha D G

Jan 2, 2018

An excellent course, well organized, lots of reading material concerning the themes studied and an excellent Professor.

By Jara R

Jun 9, 2020

Felicitaciones al maestro Howard Bloch

Fue un curso muy interesante, con información novedosa y muy bien documentada.

By Toni G

Aug 22, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have always been interested in Gothic architecture and this class delivered.

By Luan F

Jul 26, 2020

I am really proud of all this precious information I obtained studying the lectures and listening to the classes.

By JOHN Q

Nov 30, 2017

Fantastic Course with great historical perspective and interesting ancillary information. Thanks so much.

By Hervé B

Dec 21, 2018

Un grand bravo au Pr Howard Bloch pour avoir su rendre ce cours enrichissant tout restant divertissant.

By Magdalena G

Oct 29, 2021

Absolutely amazing!!! The professor is brilliant and the material and lectures are very interesting.

By Kim A R

Nov 12, 2020

Thank you Yale and Prof Howard Bloch for making this course possible! I definitely learned a lot!

By Montserrat A V

Nov 13, 2018

Of all the courses i saw here this will be especially in my heart. Really fascinating. Thank you.

By Carolina M

Sep 5, 2019

Un curso muy completo, interesante y muy bien documentado. Ha satisfecho todas mis expectativas.

By Roberto C M N

Mar 29, 2018

The best course I've learn and participate. Recommended.

Curso Excelente completíssimo. Recomendo

By michael p

May 23, 2022

The instructor and material are excellent. The peer-graded written assignments are annoying.

By Ludovica D C

The professor is engaging, the selection of material is great and the lessons are wonderful!

By Alexander N

Jul 25, 2020

An excellent, detailed and worthwhile course. I would give this my highest recommendation.

By Janet C

It is a very complete MOOC, the audiovisual support is excelente as well as the speakers.

By Gabrielle D

Dec 26, 2017

Fabulous combination of art history, literature, architecture and history. I loved it!

By Michael B

Jul 12, 2018

Outstanding course that I have recommended to others with similar interests to mine.