Back to Agile with Atlassian Jira

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile with Atlassian Jira by Atlassian

Agile teams use “just enough” planning and an incremental approach to accomplishing the work of the team. Every project and every team uses a custom agile methodology. This course discusses common foundational principles and practices used by agile methodologies, providing the student a flexible set of tools to use in any role (e.g. product owner, scrum master, project manager, team member) on any agile team. This course mainly discusses agile and lean principles, the kanban and scrum agile methodologies, and uses Atlassian Jira Software Cloud as the main software tool to apply hands-on learning of the topics. The course includes instruction on "classic" Jira projects as well as the new "next-gen" Jira projects. Students can use the free plan of Atlassian Jira Software Cloud to complete the hands-on labs associated with this course. By the time you have completed this course, you will have a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices, and strong hands-on experience with Atlassian Jira Software Cloud. You will be the site administrator for your Jira account, so you will be able to perform basic administration tasks on your site. You should be able to continuously configure your Jira project(s) to match your team's custom agile methodology. You can watch the videos and take the quizzes from your phone if you want, but the hands-on labs using Atlassian Jira Software Cloud require you to have a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. This course tries to be as concise as possible. It will probably take you about 6-12 hours to go through, but your mileage may vary. It is highly encouraged that you apply what you learn to managing personal agile projects after the course is complete....

BB

Apr 15, 2019

The Course is good and well structured. It has really strengthened my understanding about the use of Jira, I will recommend this course to anyone who is interested in knowing more about Agile and Jira

HT

Jul 22, 2020

I found this course very comprehensive. Beginners can learn foundation knowledge and concepts of Agile along-with Jira . Above all labs are well-designed and give learners hand-on experience of Jira

626 - 650 of 770 Reviews for Agile with Atlassian Jira

By Pedro P

Nov 21, 2019

The course besides giving a good overview of Jira provides plenty of opportunity for hands on exercises. The course creates the necessity for the Learner to go online and find out more about Jira on the Jira site and from the Jira community.

By Warren R

Mar 06, 2020

Course does give a good overview of both agile and Jira. Having free access to a Jira cloud account was very useful for getting hands on. Downside, the presenters voice was very monotone and managed to make most of the content very dry.

By Richard B

Jun 06, 2020

It had been a while since I'd used Jira, and I had never had any formal training in using it. This course plugged the gap well allowing me to refamiliarise myself with the core features of Jira as well as informing me on best practice.

By Muhammad W K

Feb 27, 2020

I think this is an excellent guide for people who are new to Agile and Jira a very comprehensive review of Agile concepts before deep diving to Jira made this course highly helpful for me to perform well as Junior Agile Team Lead.

By Tijana S

May 04, 2020

The course is great for beginners which did not have any experience with Jira. Some parts should be more interesting (JQL, filters..) . I suggest more interactive tasks, such as case studies not simple read-click instructions.

By laura c

May 23, 2019

Excellent course. My hesitation in a solid 5 stars is in regards to permissions. This section seemed a little confusing and another lab would have been helpful, but I practiced on my own. Overall - very helpful course!

By Thomas S

Jul 19, 2020

Useful and interesting course. I would like to see practical examples in the labs, implementing a simple 'imaginary' software product. This would give the reader a better understanding of how to utilise Jira in practice.

By Jens H

I know that this is a course that is focused on Agile specifically with JIRA, but I think it would be a nice pace if the Agile project management lessons were part of all the weeks modules, instead of just the beginning.

By Carlos P R

May 08, 2020

Interesante como primera toma de contacto con Jira. Es una plataforma muy completa que pese a su sencillez se puede hacer un mundo.

Los vídeos son monótonos pero te dan las herramientas necesarias para manejarte en Jira.

By Ismail L

Jun 08, 2020

Good breakdown of Jira functionality. Also a good call-out of how to access more information and support. I didn't learn anything new about Agile ways of working, but that may be because I already have experience. . .

By Jeroen R

Jul 15, 2019

Clear and concise, good to follow and gives a good hands-on overview. I am just getting started to really use JIRA for our project administration and I feel much more comfortable now having gone through these basics.

By Rui P d S

Dec 14, 2019

Good course mainly for who does not know JIRA. Not my case as I have been working with it for some years now. My objective was just to refresh my memory on some things and of course to learn a couple of new ones.

By Charlotte V

Jul 08, 2019

Good structure of and relevant content of Agile in general and how-to in Jira.

+ Clear and understandable English. Also possible to read what is spoken.

+ hands-on exercises in Jira.

+ Possibility to save handouts

By Sri P G

Nov 22, 2019

very good course for begineers and the detailed lab assignments are very helpful to get a good real time experience of jira . thanks to coursera for providing software to work during the cpurse .

By Pietro M

Nov 10, 2019

It's really well done, I've promoted it in some agile groups. The last week seem to have too much content restricted to match the single week time, I would suggest to split it in two week course.

By Danilo A S

Jan 30, 2020

Ótimo curso com nível básico do Jira. Poucos detalhes sobre itens avançados. Mas recomendo muito as atividades e aulas são bem interessantes e nos dá mais conhecimento a ferramenta.

By Amardeep B

May 15, 2020

the certificate should include the final score and duration.

good course, with fundamentals explained in four weeks. liked the flow, missed maybe one group or practice excercise.

By Ahsan W

Mar 31, 2020

Pretty good, it would be better if there can be an example generic project that can be executed along with the lectures, like a wedding plan or a construction project etc

By luis a

Apr 08, 2020

I would like to have an update to the features thar are available to every type of project. In specific I have some problems to add fixVersion field to an Scrum Project.

By Narenda P S

May 14, 2020

Many Screen shot and Video Material is not synced with current Altassian setup .

Please sync the content with latest practice site.

Overall I enjoined learning .Thank you

By Ahmed E

Oct 24, 2019

It was really amazing to get all these topics in just one course. Know a lot about Lean and Agile was very interesting. Also, discussing Kanban and Scrum frameworks.

By Manuel P S

Sep 19, 2020

Great course to have not only a good understanding of Jira functionalities but also a great introduction to basic Agile principles like Scrum, Kanban or Lean.

By Rebeca C

Aug 02, 2020

Very good training. It has a lot of examples/labs to practice using the Jira tool which i really like and will start using for day-to-day job and projects.

By Sean B

Feb 04, 2020

Took it more for the Agile overview as I am already familiar with Jira. But I can see it as a good way to get up and running with not Jira experience.

By James P

Detailed hands on experience of the Jira Platform while a great introduction overview to Agile and Lean Methodology. Great for hands on learners!