Back to Agile with Atlassian Jira

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile with Atlassian Jira by Atlassian

Agile teams use “just enough” planning and an incremental approach to accomplishing the work of the team. Every project and every team uses a custom agile methodology. This course discusses common foundational principles and practices used by agile methodologies, providing the student a flexible set of tools to use in any role (e.g. product owner, scrum master, project manager, team member) on any agile team. This course mainly discusses agile and lean principles, the kanban and scrum agile methodologies, and uses Atlassian Jira Software Cloud as the main software tool to apply hands-on learning of the topics. The course includes instruction on "classic" Jira projects as well as the new "next-gen" Jira projects. Students can use the free plan of Atlassian Jira Software Cloud to complete the hands-on labs associated with this course. By the time you have completed this course, you will have a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices, and strong hands-on experience with Atlassian Jira Software Cloud. You will be the site administrator for your Jira account, so you will be able to perform basic administration tasks on your site. You should be able to continuously configure your Jira project(s) to match your team's custom agile methodology. You can watch the videos and take the quizzes from your phone if you want, but the hands-on labs using Atlassian Jira Software Cloud require you to have a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. This course tries to be as concise as possible. It will probably take you about 6-12 hours to go through, but your mileage may vary. It is highly encouraged that you apply what you learn to managing personal agile projects after the course is complete....

BB
Apr 14, 2019

The Course is good and well structured. It has really strengthened my understanding about the use of Jira, I will recommend this course to anyone who is interested in knowing more about Agile and Jira

PL
May 23, 2021

Indeed a great course which explains the agile methodology concepts from theory to practical implementation with JIRA. And it will definitely help learners if they are using JIRA in the organization.

301 - 325 of 1,197 Reviews for Agile with Atlassian Jira

By Lisa R

Nov 15, 2019

I didn't find this course particularly engaging. You could not see the presenter throughout the course, which made me as the learner feel much more disconnected from the teacher. That being said, the course material will be useful for my day-to-day work and I can see myself using the course as a reference.

By Vivek G

Jun 12, 2020

The course is good, in the sense it gives a good overview of Agile methods and also a good product demo of JIRA. The quality of videos is average and the presentation style is monotonous. Which made doing the course very difficult.

The tool itself is reputable and very good.

By James K

May 11, 2021

The course needs updating to reflect the latest version, there are no Classic and Next Gen project types and I wasted some time trying to find out where I was going wrong and why the instructions didnt match what I was seeing in Jira.

By Jilly M

Sep 9, 2019

A little too basic with the Agile methodology and not up to date with current UX in Jira, so that made it a bit confusing. Was happy to learn of some features I didn't know about, and next gen projects are great!

By Меруерт Т

Sep 14, 2020

The course has some useful info if you're a beginner. However, it is a little boring and dragged out. Not very interactive. So I recommend to up the speed while listening.

By Arash F

Jun 28, 2019

Too much detail provided for how to navigate Jira. It becomes really boring but may serve a certain audience. The rest of the course was really helpful.

By Vishweshwaran R

Jun 9, 2019

what could have done better is, explain the concepts and a video presentation on how the concepts are applied, would have made it more engaging.

By Lee J X

Apr 20, 2020

Abit dry and difficult to follow. Better to have a face and live movements of Jira demonstration.

By Chris L

May 12, 2020

A basic course that covers the fundamentals of both Jira and Agile Methodologies.

By Ankur C

Sep 17, 2020

Expected some more with the Visual Charts such as Burndowns

By Bobby S

not really interactive and quite sleepy

By Nikoloz T

May 13, 2020

Well, it is not bad start for being Agile and learn about Scrum and Kanban methods. I thank a lot all the team who worked on this course. I learned many many new things for me. Despite the lots of information that were new for me the course from my point of view could have been structured a little bit better. Instead of using Slides, it would be much better to record a video. I have an impression that this course provides a cold information regarding the program, but it does not motivates you to continue to learn it. The lecturer speaks dully, with no enthusiasm. The best practice that I recommend would be to do everything along the slides, otherwise you will be lost during the video. I really liked the lab part, as you use hands-on skills. To grade this course I give 2 stars, as there was really given an effort and spent time to create all materials, they are structured ok, not good. And spirit of the course is not there. Still I amv very very thankful for all you have done! I learned quite a lot and fell more or less comfortable with the Jira program now! Thank you! Nikoloz

By Sharang R

Jan 5, 2021

Less topics related to Agile mindset but more on the JIRA software that can be used for achieving agile

By MARCELO M

Apr 28, 2020

Terrible robot voice :(

By Dr K K C

DIDNOT GET COMPLETE KNOLWDGE ON JIRA

By Anchit R

May 23, 2020

Very monotonous, not interesting!

By Christopher B

Jan 15, 2021

This is probably the best-taught course I've taken on Coursera. You don't just learn the individual tools of the program and then wonder how it works as a whole. You constantly learn how these tools work on a big picture level. The labs are great and really get you to play with all the functions and explore how they work and what you can do. There are questions to answer throughout the videos, so you are constantly getting feedback and seeing how well you are learning everything. I'm not in software development, but I was looking to get into QA or QC for software or gaming, and Jira was the one qualification I didn't have to get the job. So now I can put this on my Resume' and have a chance to get those jobs. So even if you don't have a programming background, you can easily learn the material because of how well this course is taught. I would recommend this course to everyone. And even if you aren't looking to get a job in tech, there are many practical applications to your own life that this program makes easier to manage. So glad I took this course.

By Charles T

Nov 18, 2021

T​he Course is Recommended for Beginners who wants to become Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer and also working closely as Project Manager IT in the company or startup. Besides that because I was background in non coders or not a programmer or developer who works for software development like making a website or mobile apps obviously. I work last before as IT Staff in Asuransi Sinarmas Company for 1 Years from 1 October 2020 - 30 September 2021. Just like that, The Course is more Practical for 90 % Materials and 10 % Theoritical for examination. No doubt, Exactly this is the best free course for IT Administrators who adore or switch career to better positions.

By Qaunain M

Jan 4, 2021

Great course that goes into proper detail showing you advanced elements of how to use, customise and configure Jira for software development teams and processes. The course is broken down into 4 modules, each with 5 or more lectures, covering around 10 topics with multiple choice questions that pop-up multiple times throughout the video. There is also 1-2+ labs per each lecture so you get a proper hands-on experience in the topics shown in the videos. There's also a test at the end of each module where you need to score 80% or more and a final hands-on project on the last module.

By Anna W

Oct 7, 2020

I came into this course as someone who used the basics of Jira in their every day job (self taught) but was about to take on a more administrative role. I found weeks 3 and 4 most helpful.

The course has a good mix of early on basics which will help form a good foundation knowledge of Jira and its functions. Then it goes into more depth which would suit someone with administrator or project overseer-type responsibilities.

Steve Byrnes has narrated the videos clearly and explains at an adequate pace so that the student doesn't feel rushed or bored.

By Aakash P

Apr 4, 2021

I have been using Jira at my workplace for the past 2 years and Agile + Jira for the past year, but I didn't have a basic grip about Agile or Jira.

This course has helped me in filling in the gaps. Now I understand Agile methodologies better and can apply the same to the tasks ahead while using Jira to accurately portray the work.

I have seen JQL queries being used in our Confluence pages and I am confident I can create queries that can showcase my team's work better.

By Subashini A

May 22, 2021

Excellent walkthrough of the JIRA software all the way. Instructor had explained the agile, kanban and scrum concepts very beautifully as I was a novice to these having worked only in waterfall models. One area of improvement I would suggest is that the JIRA software had the projects as "company managed" and "team managed" project types instead of the classic and new-gen types mentioned in the course. Guess it is probably an update from the JIRA software end.

By Margaret C

Apr 30, 2020

This has been an awesome course and Steve Byrnes was very responsive to questions and issues in the discussion forum. I started out with very little tool knowledge and even less confidence in my ability to learn Jira on my own. This class has really helped me improve my ability to confidently use to do various things. With that said, I'm so excited that I was able to complete the final project without ever looking at m notes. Success!! Thanks, Steve.

By Niko K

Mar 6, 2021

This course introduces you to the basic work with Jira and agile project management. It is aimed at people that have a fundamental understanding of project management already and want to look into Atlassians Jira Tool for future managing of (not only) software projects. It is very descritpive and well structured and gets you to take the first steps in the tool yourself, from which you can gofurther and explore its functions and potentials.

By Liliana V

Sep 25, 2020

This is a very nice and useful introduction to the Agile methodology with a great tool such as Atlassian Jira. I have never used before but now I'm using for work and I'm quite happy to have a way to track my work planning. About the course, it's well designed, the videos and hands-on sections are well connected and give you the feeling that you're learning applicable stuff. I now understand why this methodology is so used currently.