Back to Agile with Atlassian Jira

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile with Atlassian Jira by Atlassian

Agile teams use “just enough” planning and an incremental approach to accomplishing the work of the team. Every project and every team uses a custom agile methodology. This course discusses common foundational principles and practices used by agile methodologies, providing the student a flexible set of tools to use in any role (e.g. product owner, scrum master, project manager, team member) on any agile team. This course mainly discusses agile and lean principles, the kanban and scrum agile methodologies, and uses Atlassian Jira Software Cloud as the main software tool to apply hands-on learning of the topics. The course includes instruction on "classic" Jira projects as well as the new "next-gen" Jira projects. Students can use the free plan of Atlassian Jira Software Cloud to complete the hands-on labs associated with this course. By the time you have completed this course, you will have a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices, and strong hands-on experience with Atlassian Jira Software Cloud. You will be the site administrator for your Jira account, so you will be able to perform basic administration tasks on your site. You should be able to continuously configure your Jira project(s) to match your team's custom agile methodology. You can watch the videos and take the quizzes from your phone if you want, but the hands-on labs using Atlassian Jira Software Cloud require you to have a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. This course tries to be as concise as possible. It will probably take you about 6-12 hours to go through, but your mileage may vary. It is highly encouraged that you apply what you learn to managing personal agile projects after the course is complete....

BB
Apr 14, 2019

The Course is good and well structured. It has really strengthened my understanding about the use of Jira, I will recommend this course to anyone who is interested in knowing more about Agile and Jira

PL
May 23, 2021

Indeed a great course which explains the agile methodology concepts from theory to practical implementation with JIRA. And it will definitely help learners if they are using JIRA in the organization.

326 - 350 of 1,205 Reviews for Agile with Atlassian Jira

By Ji S L

Aug 20, 2019

Excellent course with relevant materials for configuring Jira boards. I find myself referring back to these materials, and the readings are very helpful in making sure that I understand the lectures & can eventually create my own project boards. I particularly enjoyed the lectures on Agile Methods as they provide an excellent overview of various project management techniques with a sufficient amount of repetitive content.

By Kari D

Mar 13, 2021

This was a great course. I've been using JIRA at my company for 10+ years, so I'm familiar with which buttons to click, and the general gist of how/why things work and the workflows. However, I didn't know a lot of these details about Agile, and since we mainly use scrum boards, I wasn't too familiar with kanban. It was a really worthwhile course for me. I enjoyed it and learned some things!

By Oscar O T S

May 7, 2021

Lo recomiendo. Comencé el curso sin nunca haber utilizado Jira (tampoco sin saber realmente su función) porque lo necesitaba para mi trabajo. Con lo aprendido tengo las bases para hacer uso práctico del software y continuar descubriéndolo. La explicación es fácil de entender y tiene ejercicios para reforzar lo explicado. No toma más de una o dos semanas, vale mucho el esfuerzo.

By Mila P

Apr 12, 2021

This course is very handy when you have to get to know Jira functionality in the short term. It covers all essential topics which you would use from the first day of your project start (and even before it starts). Also here is some useful information about Agile management theory in addition to the instructions on how to use Jira. I am really grateful for this course

By Alexander S

Jul 21, 2021

I went through all modules and found it very interesting and professionally prepared. Steve (mentor) is very well prepared profi and modules just go one after another in well balances consequence. Easy to learn and make labs. Nice feature to pop up small quiz while in the "middle" of videos ;) Complete with 91% Thank you for sharing knowledge at this difficult time

By Баранов Г А

Sep 16, 2019

Все понравилось. Из возможных улучшений - хотелось бы более сложных заданий на лабораторных работах + примеров использования из реальных Agile-команд / Everything is fine. A little potential improvement would be to add a bit more diffucult tasks in labs and also give a number of examples from real -life Agile teams. Thanks a lot to the author of this course.

By Andrejs V

Dec 7, 2018

One of the high standard and fatastic courses - recent addition to labs is a great way to learn and improve skills, absolutelly fantastic! The course is designed so smart and exactly how is needed in order to get knowledge and skills. I'd prefer to see a course designed for intermediate and advanced level as well, it will help a lot. Thanks to creators.

By Senura V G

Aug 22, 2021

This course was a great help in gaining the knowledge I needed to take my next steps in the organization where I work. Those who are willing to do this course are also advised to do this course without any fear and I highly recommend this course. Finally, my heartfelt thanks to Mr. Kashmira Shukla and all of the Coursera staff for leading this course.

By Christopher C

Apr 22, 2021

I've been getting by in my work with Jira for a couple of years, without knowing all that it could do. It can do a lot, but this course presents the material in a well-thought-out manner so it isn't overwhelming. I wish I had taken this right away - before starting to work with Jira. I'll recommend this course to my entire team. Excellent course.

By Vinay M

Jul 26, 2020

Very well designed and explained. Steve was also great in the forums and helped me in creating swim lanes for Epics. he has a nice way of explaining which makes things so simple although they are not.

Module labs were well designed and helped me understand the concepts the I might have missed out during the presentation slides.

THANK YOU!!

By Chad W

Jul 28, 2020

A very brief but thorough course about how to use Jira. It was exactly what I wanted. The configuring issues part in Week 3 was confusing for a hot minute but other than that, I understood everything easily. I did also have a problem with adding a new user in week 4 but it may just be some error on my end that I could not figure out.

By Venkatesh S

Apr 12, 2021

This course was really helpful for people who don't have hand on. It starts from an Agile overview & then we get introduced to the tool. All the sections are covered in detail. Best part is examples at the end of each section which gives you close to hand on experience. I would definitely recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Gowtam K

Jun 19, 2021

This course is an excellent choice for people who are familiar with Jira and want get the basics right. The videos explanations are really easy to understand. The lab material is helpful. Request to add 'Workflow' customization as an optional topic. Thank you Steve. Your narration is easy to follow. The course syllabus is apt

By GEORGES D

May 15, 2020

Une formation progressive et enrichissante bien faite qui permet de comprendre les principes AGILE et de les mettre en pratique via le logiciel Jira d'Atlassian.

A progressive and enriching training well done which allows you to understand the AGILE principles and put them into practice via Jira software from Atlassian.

By Bhanu S V

Sep 19, 2019

The course is paced out well, has strong fundamental overview, good amount of hands on labs, and although every single feature is not taught, the course instills a good working knowledge of the solution and piques ones interest to learn more. The instructor was precise and clear. Thank you CourseEra.

By Nii O

Oct 14, 2020

i REALLY enjoyed this course. By far one of the best courses I have ever taken. So easy to follow the instructor - he was really really good. I feel like I've used Jira for decades, and that the kind of familiarity the instructor gave me during the course. I'll go back and watch again where needed.

By Dhaval D

Jul 10, 2020

The course is created very well. It gives you a sense of constant progress. It has crisp discussion and explanation and rather then getting into every detail of the software, deals with important concepts. This is a good course for anyone wanting to learn Jira or refresh the concepts of Agile.

By Hatmah H

Jul 18, 2020

I enjoyed this course! It will give you a good idea of how Jira, Kanban and Scrum works. Finished it in less than 2 weeks! Props to Steve Bryne for making it a course that is easy to follow, would recommend it to those that want a proper introduction to Agile methods such as Kanban and Scrum

By Juan F G R

Mar 27, 2019

Great course given by Steve Byrnes, the course cover the essentials of Agile methods and the administrative aspects of a Jira site. Good explanation method and good labs. to practice the concepts discussed in each section by Steve. I also liked the the course: Version control with Git.

By Felicia G

Mar 15, 2019

This courser is really good, it allows you to practice using the tool, access to JIRA makes the training easier, dynamic, interactive. The tool configuration, the topic about security, the kanban topic, the exercises were so well combined and explained. I totally recommend this course

By Denis S

Sep 8, 2021

Хороший ознакомительный курс. Курс для тех, кому интересен принцип Agile или кто переходит на него. Основные, базовые моменты должным образом показаны, нареканий касательно подачи информации нет. Видеоуроки были интересными и познавательными, задания были несложными и выполнимыми.

By Susan T

May 12, 2021

Great overview course provided exactly what I needed to know about Agile. Labs were clear to follow, and provided the hands-on experience needed with Jira and reinforced the concepts we learned in the videos. Lessons were divided into comprehensible sections. Well done course!

By Shareena F

Jan 1, 2021

Great introduction to Jira, Kanban methods and Scrum Boards. The time provided was realistic and attainable. I like that the instructor gave a week buffer to complete. I absolutely loved this course. Would be great to be able to export and print notes that you find useful

By Michal B

Mar 2, 2019

I really enjoyed the hands-on assignments of this course. I have immediately took actions in my job role and applied the practical knowledge gained during this course. I can recommend this course to everyone who is using JIRA both professionaly or privately.

Thank you Steve!

By Filomeno G

Jan 27, 2021

Very insightful and the labs helped a lot to concrete the learning. Nevertheless I will use planner for my next project because that was the negotiated agreement. But for my personal project I will take advantage of the 10 free friends I may invite to work on our projects.