Back to Agile with Atlassian Jira

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile with Atlassian Jira by Atlassian

Agile teams use “just enough” planning and an incremental approach to accomplishing the work of the team. Every project and every team uses a custom agile methodology. This course discusses common foundational principles and practices used by agile methodologies, providing the student a flexible set of tools to use in any role (e.g. product owner, scrum master, project manager, team member) on any agile team. This course mainly discusses agile and lean principles, the kanban and scrum agile methodologies, and uses Atlassian Jira Software Cloud as the main software tool to apply hands-on learning of the topics. The course includes instruction on "classic" Jira projects as well as the new "next-gen" Jira projects. Students can use the free plan of Atlassian Jira Software Cloud to complete the hands-on labs associated with this course. By the time you have completed this course, you will have a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices, and strong hands-on experience with Atlassian Jira Software Cloud. You will be the site administrator for your Jira account, so you will be able to perform basic administration tasks on your site. You should be able to continuously configure your Jira project(s) to match your team's custom agile methodology. You can watch the videos and take the quizzes from your phone if you want, but the hands-on labs using Atlassian Jira Software Cloud require you to have a Windows, Mac or Linux computer. This course tries to be as concise as possible. It will probably take you about 6-12 hours to go through, but your mileage may vary. It is highly encouraged that you apply what you learn to managing personal agile projects after the course is complete....

BB
Apr 14, 2019

The Course is good and well structured. It has really strengthened my understanding about the use of Jira, I will recommend this course to anyone who is interested in knowing more about Agile and Jira

PL
May 23, 2021

Indeed a great course which explains the agile methodology concepts from theory to practical implementation with JIRA. And it will definitely help learners if they are using JIRA in the organization.

376 - 400 of 1,278 Reviews for Agile with Atlassian Jira

By Cristina R

Oct 3, 2020

We have been using JIRA in our projects but I haven't really learned how to use them properly. This course is a crash course for me and I was able to understand how JIRA works and how important it is on managing different projects and releases.

By Deeprashmi N

Jul 31, 2020

The course is as advertised. All the topics under the Agile method and Jira are covered. Provided you might have to go back and look at your notes when you are actually handling a Jira project but this gives an awesome platform to learn from.

By Audrey D

Feb 5, 2021

Videos are clear and each concept is well explained. Questions asked throughout helps to stay concentrated and test your knowledge.

Each module is accompanied by practical work that helps to test Jira's functions. Step-by-step is well built.

By Abdullah T H

Jun 8, 2020

The videos are very professional and dives deeply into the entire Jira fundamentals. I'd recommend anyone learning Jira for their professional/company get deep info from this course. Thank you Atlassian for this amazing learning experience!

By Manuel A F

Jan 14, 2021

Found the material and lab very well done. Having access to create a Jira account to practice is the right approach. Jira provides excellent help and tutorials that complement the course material. Good to have an Agile review included.

By Dj S

Dec 7, 2020

The course is good and informational - however, I'd prefer that the labs be instructor-led as well vs. just a a lab you have to complete yourself. Instructor explained things pretty well, but could be a little monotone at times.

By Natalya M

Jun 4, 2021

I really liked the presentation of the material. Thanks to this, the material is easily assimilated. The tests were useful for reinforcing the knowledge gained. This course inspired me to continue my own education. Thank you!

By Sanjay P

Oct 13, 2021

Well composed and well structured course material. Hands on instructions are superb ! I really enjoyed going through the course. Quizzes are tricky a bit, but not from outside the scope of the course. Thank you Atlassian !

By Sohel K P

Aug 30, 2020

The course is well designed and goes into deep explanation on what can be done in JIRA while working in agile mode. I strongly recommed this course to other users who have just started to explore Conluence and JIRA

By Santiago G N

Apr 26, 2021

Great Jira course. It gives me the chance to have very good understandig of Jira, and labs let me practice and work in an simulated environment. The course also let apply Jira in Kanban or Scrum frameworks.

By Shulzhenko O

Jan 26, 2020

I have learned a lot of new things about Jira functionality. I also would like to admit that the course covers not only Jira itself, but there is also a lot of useful information about Agile in general.

By Peter E

Dec 22, 2019

Great course explaining the tool and its features in a structured and easy-to-understand manner. Furthermore, helps to understand agile concepts by handling some real-world cases through the tool.

By Jessica S

May 5, 2021

Great course, the labs are really effective. I was a beginner with no background in JIRA for agile and this course really gave me the training I need to start active use of the tool for projects!

By Balasubramanyam P

Sep 10, 2020

Dear Steve/Atlassian,

Agile course was really good and helped me many ways as most of the industries are opting for Agile.

Course is well structured with very good materials.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bala.

By Azat M

Apr 18, 2021

The course is very well structured which makes it easy to learn. I liked how almost each video lesson was accompanied by a lab session, so students could apply the gained knowledge right away.

By Farhan

Apr 13, 2020

This course has given me the in-depths and insights of managing and running Agile driven projects. Even though there is plenty more to explore and learn this is by far the best to get started

By Alexander v L

Oct 11, 2020

I've just started working with Jira and this course has provided me the basics needed to move forward with my projects while laying the foundation for further, more advanced, Jira training.

By Pavlo D

Dec 31, 2018

Good overview of JIRA basics as well as an introduction to Kanban and SCRUM methods. At the end of the course I knew how to work as developer and manage project as an administrator in Jira.

By Debarati M

Jan 15, 2021

It's a brilliant, impactful course, giving you thorough knowledge on agile practices and using Jira. I think it's one of the indispensable courses that all software people should take up !

By Tejas S

Jun 11, 2020

Course is in detail and it covers every feature of JIRA. With examples, screenshots & Lab exercise, I am sure anyone who attends this course will have enough knowledge to handle basic JIRA

By Faik A

Dec 31, 2021

I​T was a greet learnıng experıence about project management wıth agile. I am very proud completing this course and thankfull to the Atlassian Unıversıty and Coursera for the opportunity.

By Syeda i i

Sep 18, 2019

This course has been an exceptional help for me to get the basic and advance learning of JIRA. It has added so much value to my skill set. Thankyou Coursera and Instructor for helping me.

By Kishor P

Jun 9, 2021

Very knowlesgeable and easy to understand. before starting the course i was totally new to JIRA but this course tought me a lot things and now i am confidenat to use JIRA. thank you..!!

By Santosh V M

Dec 27, 2020

Its very good course especially for Jira tool knowledge. Getting Jira software access along with Site administrator was very much helpful in learning the tool as a whole. Thanks Coursera