Back to Agile with Atlassian Jira

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile with Atlassian Jira by Atlassian

This course discusses common foundational principles and practices used by agile methodologies, providing you with a flexible set of tools to use in your role (e.g. product owner, scrum master, project manager, team member) on an agile team. Learn agile and lean principles, including kanban and scrum, and use Jira Software Cloud as the tool to apply hands-on exercises in these topics. The course includes instruction on company-managed and team-managed Jira projects. After completing this course, you will have a strong foundational understanding of agile principles and practices and hands-on experience with Jira Software Cloud. Site administrators will be able to perform basic administration tasks. You will be able to continuously configure your Jira projects to match your team's custom agile methodology. Once completing this course, you will be prepared to earn your first Atlassian credential: https://go.atlassian.com/coursera-apb-330 *You can use a free Jira Software Cloud site to complete the hands-on labs associated with this course. This will require a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer....

BB

Apr 14, 2019

The Course is good and well structured. It has really strengthened my understanding about the use of Jira, I will recommend this course to anyone who is interested in knowing more about Agile and Jira

PL

May 23, 2021

Indeed a great course which explains the agile methodology concepts from theory to practical implementation with JIRA. And it will definitely help learners if they are using JIRA in the organization.

301 - 325 of 1,416 Reviews for Agile with Atlassian Jira

By Patrick L

May 19, 2019

It is a good course but I would recommend to illustrate permissions and roles with more diagrams in order to clearly present what is possible according to the level of hierarchy Application, Jira, projects...

We easily get lost during the explanation by switching between the different levels without a global view to refer to.

By Lisa R

Nov 15, 2019

I didn't find this course particularly engaging. You could not see the presenter throughout the course, which made me as the learner feel much more disconnected from the teacher. That being said, the course material will be useful for my day-to-day work and I can see myself using the course as a reference.

By Vivek G

Jun 12, 2020

The course is good, in the sense it gives a good overview of Agile methods and also a good product demo of JIRA. The quality of videos is average and the presentation style is monotonous. Which made doing the course very difficult.

The tool itself is reputable and very good.

By James K

May 11, 2021

The course needs updating to reflect the latest version, there are no Classic and Next Gen project types and I wasted some time trying to find out where I was going wrong and why the instructions didnt match what I was seeing in Jira.

By Jilly M

Sep 9, 2019

A little too basic with the Agile methodology and not up to date with current UX in Jira, so that made it a bit confusing. Was happy to learn of some features I didn't know about, and next gen projects are great!

By Меруерт Т

Sep 14, 2020

The course has some useful info if you're a beginner. However, it is a little boring and dragged out. Not very interactive. So I recommend to up the speed while listening.

By Arash F

Jun 28, 2019

Too much detail provided for how to navigate Jira. It becomes really boring but may serve a certain audience. The rest of the course was really helpful.

By Vishweshwaran R

Jun 9, 2019

what could have done better is, explain the concepts and a video presentation on how the concepts are applied, would have made it more engaging.

By Lee J X

Apr 20, 2020

Abit dry and difficult to follow. Better to have a face and live movements of Jira demonstration.

By Chris L

May 12, 2020

A basic course that covers the fundamentals of both Jira and Agile Methodologies.

By Ankur C

Sep 17, 2020

Expected some more with the Visual Charts such as Burndowns

By Bobby S

not really interactive and quite sleepy

By Nikoloz T

May 13, 2020

Well, it is not bad start for being Agile and learn about Scrum and Kanban methods. I thank a lot all the team who worked on this course. I learned many many new things for me. Despite the lots of information that were new for me the course from my point of view could have been structured a little bit better. Instead of using Slides, it would be much better to record a video. I have an impression that this course provides a cold information regarding the program, but it does not motivates you to continue to learn it. The lecturer speaks dully, with no enthusiasm. The best practice that I recommend would be to do everything along the slides, otherwise you will be lost during the video. I really liked the lab part, as you use hands-on skills. To grade this course I give 2 stars, as there was really given an effort and spent time to create all materials, they are structured ok, not good. And spirit of the course is not there. Still I amv very very thankful for all you have done! I learned quite a lot and fell more or less comfortable with the Jira program now! Thank you! Nikoloz

By Sharang R

Jan 5, 2021

Less topics related to Agile mindset but more on the JIRA software that can be used for achieving agile

By MARCELO M

Apr 28, 2020

Terrible robot voice :(

By Samadhan B M

Dec 15, 2021

This is really poor concept you mentioned this is free course and why you are charging for only certificate ?????

By Dr K K C

DIDNOT GET COMPLETE KNOLWDGE ON JIRA

By Anchit R

May 23, 2020

Very monotonous, not interesting!

By Christopher B

Jan 15, 2021

This is probably the best-taught course I've taken on Coursera. You don't just learn the individual tools of the program and then wonder how it works as a whole. You constantly learn how these tools work on a big picture level. The labs are great and really get you to play with all the functions and explore how they work and what you can do. There are questions to answer throughout the videos, so you are constantly getting feedback and seeing how well you are learning everything. I'm not in software development, but I was looking to get into QA or QC for software or gaming, and Jira was the one qualification I didn't have to get the job. So now I can put this on my Resume' and have a chance to get those jobs. So even if you don't have a programming background, you can easily learn the material because of how well this course is taught. I would recommend this course to everyone. And even if you aren't looking to get a job in tech, there are many practical applications to your own life that this program makes easier to manage. So glad I took this course.

By Charles T

Nov 18, 2021

T​he Course is Recommended for Beginners who wants to become Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer and also working closely as Project Manager IT in the company or startup. Besides that because I was background in non coders or not a programmer or developer who works for software development like making a website or mobile apps obviously. I work last before as IT Staff in Asuransi Sinarmas Company for 1 Years from 1 October 2020 - 30 September 2021. Just like that, The Course is more Practical for 90 % Materials and 10 % Theoritical for examination. No doubt, Exactly this is the best free course for IT Administrators who adore or switch career to better positions.

By Qaunain M

Jan 4, 2021

Great course that goes into proper detail showing you advanced elements of how to use, customise and configure Jira for software development teams and processes. The course is broken down into 4 modules, each with 5 or more lectures, covering around 10 topics with multiple choice questions that pop-up multiple times throughout the video. There is also 1-2+ labs per each lecture so you get a proper hands-on experience in the topics shown in the videos. There's also a test at the end of each module where you need to score 80% or more and a final hands-on project on the last module.

By Anna W

Oct 7, 2020

I came into this course as someone who used the basics of Jira in their every day job (self taught) but was about to take on a more administrative role. I found weeks 3 and 4 most helpful.

The course has a good mix of early on basics which will help form a good foundation knowledge of Jira and its functions. Then it goes into more depth which would suit someone with administrator or project overseer-type responsibilities.

Steve Byrnes has narrated the videos clearly and explains at an adequate pace so that the student doesn't feel rushed or bored.

By Don K

Apr 2, 2022

Great course for individuals who wish to improve their Agile project management skills using Jira software. I have been using Jira with my current employer for over a year. This course has shown me many aspects of the software that have been under-utilised. Jira is truly a behemoth of a program for any projects ranging from simple use-cases to complex multi-national conglomerate projects. I would recommend it to anyone looking to improve their competencies in the project management field.

By Ammar A

May 14, 2022

As we all know Agile is a Project Development Framework that is the most commonly used Approach in SDLC(Software Development Life Cycle) Process. Where Jira is a Product/Project Management tool that works according to the Agile Approach that is very helpful for the Management team to manage their Projects step by step seamlessly and effectively. I recommend this course to be a part of Management studies in universities so that students aquire amazing skill for their professional careers.

By Igor S

Dec 13, 2021

A very good introduction to project management styles including waterfall, scientific and agile. After this course, you'll be comfortable with project and task management in Atlassian Jira. Good theory and practice sections.

It would be much easier to understand the material if this course includes video examples of all interactions with the Jira interface. Instead of just pictures with arrows, underlines, and rectangular emphasis of all fields and buttons that one should click.