Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

251 - 275 of 2,071 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Sakshar C

Jul 5, 2020

The course was very well-organized. The instructors delivered very well prepared to develop proper insight for algorithm designing. The programming assignments were so enjoyable and challenging. Also, loved the in-video quizzes.

By Vivek C

Jan 14, 2019

A must have course for any beginner. It teaches every basic building block of programming to solve complex problems. One of the best things I have learnt is stress testing and I cannot even explain how many time it saved my day.

By Aniket S

It was a fun playing with algorithms and i really enjoyed the course. The problems of the assignment kept me engaged throughout the course so that i could try things different different ways and it were lightly difficult also.

By salma w

Aug 17, 2020

The course design is awesome.

I like how they put all the concepts and assignments together to let us have a more clear understanding of the algorithms.

I've done every assignment with a big effort, and I learned a lot. Thanks.

By Jaydeep B M

Jul 1, 2017

This is an exceptionally good course and has been taught very well. I would like to suggest providing some help for the difficult problems ans also adding some solutions with the best complexity so that we can see and learn.

By Ayush S

Sep 30, 2020

Fantastic Course.. Be you anyone, Beginner or Intermediate OR even it will be useful to you, for learning and understanding , for getting expertise on data-structures and algorithms , for brushing your basics, respectively.

By Abir M

Aug 3, 2020

Wonderful course. Very well taught. Concept building programming assignments. A must-do for most computer science students or people who want to learn to solve algorithmic problems. Highly recommend this course. Thank you!

By Mithilesh K

Aug 9, 2020

After completing this course. Now I feel that I am ready to solve or give a try for any level of problems on an online coding platform. I thanks all the professors who made this course much easier for me than I thought.

By Dwaipayan M

Jun 27, 2020

This is an extremely good course and the questions on the assignments were really good to test everything taught in the course lectures. Anyone who is willing to master the basics of algorithms should take up this course.

By Apoorv S

Jul 28, 2020

This course had some really challenging problems. Algorithms were not taught very well in my college but this course helped me a lot in improving my algorithmic problem solving skills. It was a great learning experience!

By Zahra A K

Nov 6, 2020

I truly enjoyed every second of learning this course. All the topics were perfect and I really enjoyed solving the assignments. I cannot wait to start the next course in the Algorithms and Data Structure Specialization.

By Alexandra S

Jul 16, 2017

With the step-by-step lessons and clarity of the lectures, this course challenged me while giving me the necessary tools to learn creative algorithms techniques. It was wonderfully taught and I am excited to learn more.

By Vinay R N

Jul 23, 2020

This course helped me to gain a good grasp of the underlying ideas of various common algorithmic techniques. A very good planned out curriculum helps you to understand and implement the ideas to various other problems.

By Kevin M

This is an excellent course. I went from knowing about algorithms to knowing algorithms and how to implement them, simple as that. Highly recommended for anyone looking to gain a foothold in the world of algorithms.

By Nicolas M

Jan 14, 2018

It's not easy, but this is a great introduction to algorithms and data structures. I'm definitely going to follow more courses in this specialization. Thanks to the folks who put this course together and supported it!

By Aman S

Sep 21, 2017

this is one of the best course for the computer science student and anyone who want to make program quickly and efficiently. Basically its a step to become professional programer.

Thank you for providing this course .

By R K G

Content quality HIGH, Methodology and discussions of concept very PROFESSIONAL.Programming assessments too Good! Also, the transparency to the failed cases helps to solve certain corner cases in a number of problems!

By SAI P

Nov 15, 2018

I loved this course because overall the course content was good.Since grader output was not giving much clues on the failure helped me lot in stress testing the code my myself. Lot of clues in the discussion forum.

By Praveen k

Aug 18, 2018

well its amazing...

1) the thing that I like most is the way tutors were telling the way how to solve the problem .

2) STRESS TEST : I didnt know this , how to test our program and how to debug it.

great work coursera

By PRADEEP K

Feb 10, 2018

It was my first experience to learn in so detail.

Like, how to make a simple algorithm so robust and reliable.

How to think and find corner cases in your simple looking algorithm also.

Hope to learn more in next week

By Sadia K

Mar 30, 2020

I like algorithm toolbox course a lot ,all concepts starting from basic why algorithm to advanced concepts like dynamic programming are clearly explained. All assignments and mcqs test are up to date and helpul .

By edenwang

May 3, 2019

I graduated from Computer Science. And I learned not so well in Algorithmic. But through the course, I have a better understanding of common algorithms. Teachers of this course are really great. Thank you a lot.

By Amog C

Apr 2, 2019

The content is top notch. Assignments are very helpful. If you are able to solve the problems by yourself, you will learn a lot. The problem that i faced is, some content is very complex, not easy to understand.

By Le P

Apr 13, 2020

Good presentation materials and thorough topic discussions. Programming assignments are interesting, and challenge your topic knowledge and coding skills. Overall a good class. I highly recommend this course.

By Yingduo T

Apr 3, 2020

This course is very helpful! I've gained the basics of algorithm design and the three major topics discussed int detail. It would be better if there are more examples for each topic are discussed in the videos.