Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

301 - 325 of 2,071 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Daniel P

Dec 24, 2017

The last topic (dynamic programming) was significantly more challenging than everything else in the course. It was also a topic I have not had previous exposure too -- overall, a great course!

By Fahri C D

Mar 31, 2016

Good coverage of the material, with several videos dedicated to individual topics, accompanied with complementing problem sets which have a decent selection of semi-optional advanced problems.

By Dominykas I

Nov 14, 2020

I really enjoyed my time spent on the course trying to understand how to implement algorithms. Although I didn't do everything 100%, the experience was amazing and I did learn a lot of stuff.

By Patrick G

May 8, 2019

Great course! My only concern was that some of the homeworks seemed to take a little longer than advertised, but I really appreciate getting in-depth practice solving these types of problems.

By Carlo D

Jan 4, 2021

Great course. All the presented algorithms were clearly explained, with step by step examples. Weekly assignment were a variation of presented exampled but still challenging and not trivial.

By Kartikey S

Jun 19, 2020

This is a good course which improved my algorithmic thinking skills and taught me some algorithms which can be used to solve problems. This course enabled me with the tools to solve problems

By Namish A

Jun 12, 2020

I loved this course as it has taught me the basics of every algorithm that needs to be implemented in daily life of a programmer.

I have learned a good amount of techniques from this course.

By Himanshu A

Really an Amazing Experience and get to learn so much in short time, Even harder Algorithms are starting to get clicked in my neurons... Thank you Teachs for so much Knowledge and Practice..

By Shabbir K

Apr 12, 2020

A really really good course. All the instructors were great. The course content was perfect, the level of programming assignments is good. Overall a very detailed course. Highly Recommended!

By Jay C

Jun 12, 2020

It was awesome to be part of this course.I started learning Dynamic Programming for the first time with this course.Thanks to Lecturers and Professors and University for making this Course.

By Sawal M

Apr 18, 2017

Great course! The programming assignments are very helpful in understanding the topics in the course. It would be better if the threshold to pass the assignment is increased to 50% or more.

By Vidhan G

Sep 27, 2020

It was a course worth spending my time for..The assignments were of very good quality and the topics were taught very well , also the teaching staff of this course were very well informed.

By Balaji R

Jul 3, 2020

This course was really helpful, I have learnt more from this course than I have from my college. The only problem I had was that I found it hard to understand one of the professors accent.

By Priyesh P

Apr 11, 2019

I had a very good experience doing this course. I have refined my algorithmic skills with this course and can apply the concepts really well at competitive programming. Thanks to coursera!

By Jasmine N

Aug 7, 2016

I thought this was really helpful for my day to day career as a developer. It helped give me better tools to talk about what I am working on as well as introducing me to some new concepts.

By Danstan O O

May 13, 2019

This course is great and has helped me get started well with algorithms. Thanks, Coursera, and the partners. Learning with implementation examples in different languages is really great.

By Nishant J

Sep 10, 2020

This is an excellent course as it forces you to think. It took me over two months to complete and at times it felt really hard but now that I have finished it, I am really glad I did.

By Nishit P

May 8, 2020

It is an absolutely best guide for the intermediate learners trying to gain a sharper knowledge on algorithms and techniques which they know about but find it difficult to understand!

By Prashant S

Oct 26, 2017

Very well organised series and all problems are explained with the help of good examples, you need basic programming understanding of functions and arrays to go through these lecture.

By Suraj N

Jan 16, 2021

Amazing experience. Gained so much in knowledge along with hands-on exercises. I could brush up my concepts taught in first year of B.Tech. Thankyou so much for the course. Gratitude

By GUNTUR K J

Jul 2, 2020

this course has made me speed up my algorithms of my programs and the puzzles provided before a particular topic are so good that we can understand how we should approach a problem.

By Rishabh A

Apr 11, 2020

The course is really good and provides a good understanding. Just the assignments provided are too tough which I a good thing but there is no proper information on how to solve them.

By Sam D

Aug 3, 2017

I really enjoy this course, and I can definitely say that this specialization is perfect for those who would like to learn programming from the base and use it in different languages

By Hemanth K B

Aug 3, 2016

I have solved more problems in this course compared to any other courses. This course has laid foundation to solve more problems in Dynamic Programming. Thank you to the entire team.

By pratik r

Sep 11, 2017

every important concept are cleared in this course.This course gives you idea to how to take right approach by giving tools like greedy algo, divide & conquer and dynamic approach.