Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

301 - 325 of 1,411 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Zisheng Z

May 15, 2018

An interesting yet informative course with challenging assignments (for me, a chemistry student). I surely have improved my algorithm knowledge a lot.

By Mohammed H

Feb 27, 2016

Amazing Course. I have been looking for this kind of course for months.

Must for anyone who wants to be good in Competitive Programming and Algorithms

By Arnav a d

Nov 20, 2018

The assignments and quizzes are very thought provoking and teach a lot about problem solving approach to many classical problems in Computer science

By Andrii M

Dec 30, 2016

Thanks for this awesome course. It helped me a lot to improve my theoretical knowledge in building complex solutions based on different approaches.

By Alexander

Jul 26, 2016

Great course! I really enjoyed taking it. I think it is very challenging and it definitly updates your algorithmic's skills and changes your thnking

By Cameron F

Apr 04, 2016

It's not too much work. For someone who wants to take programming classes online but also may have a variant amount of time, this course is perfect.

By shanthosh

Jun 18, 2018

Wonderful set of assignments emphasising on conceptual understanding rather than mere theory. Loved this course. Thanks to all the faculty members.

By Eugenio G M

Mar 07, 2016

Very clear in explanations, I learnt a lot of new cool stuff.

Assignments aren't always so trivial but there's always a hint to help in solving them

By Chin J C

Jul 21, 2018

The course is wonderful and challenging! But the learning experience gets extremely frustrating when the grader does not give you the test cases.

By Natalia S

Dec 16, 2017

Excellent course! Very structured and well designed. Instructors are very knowledgeable and presentation of the material is very well organized.

By Edison S

Mar 24, 2020

Really rigorous testing compared to other courses. learned a lot by engaging in the problems. Great thanks to the professors for organizing it!

By Joel P

Jun 23, 2016

Explanations were thorough, and the problem sets helped me gain a better understanding of the concepts with challenging but doable problem sets.

By Adarsh J

Apr 18, 2020

Great course to go through. Loaded with lots of challenging problems. I would recommend this course to anyone, trying to learn basic algorithms

By Himanshu S

Jul 24, 2019

Best course for learning basic algorithms and understanding the working of algorithms.

thank you coursera for providing great courses like this.

By Abhishek k

Aug 30, 2019

If you want to learn algorithm then go for it. Really amazing course by coursera. This course is really to grows your skills in the algorithm.

By Bhavesh T

Mar 28, 2018

Thank you coursera for allowing me to learn and improving my knowledge in algorithmic toolbox.I feel very lucky and blessed . Thank you!!!!

By WojciechŚwiderski

Oct 07, 2017

Concise yet comprehensive course in algorithms. Lecturers are true pros, assignments are quite demanding. I am glad I finished this course.

By David B

Jul 18, 2017

Really solid basic CS fundamentals. Very well presented. The programming assignments ranged from easy to pretty challenging. Good material.

By Prabhat P

Dec 03, 2019

course is so rich in programming assignment problems, tutor are accomplishing their jobs perfectly i.e. delivering all necessary content .

By Kancharla V

Jul 01, 2018

No other MOOC has this kind of vivid and rich content explained broadly.The courses's assignments are one of its kind,challenging yet cool

By Khalid M A

Jul 24, 2016

The ideas I learned about the classical algorithms and their run-times are really useful and interesting. The problems are also very good.

By DHARANI D K R

I am a Computer Science student and have all the algorithms in my syllabus as well. But, this course unlocked my third eye in algorithms.

By Beau L

Jan 19, 2020

Excellent instructors and ample problem assignments make this a great course. The dynamic programming sections could use better lectures.

By Jakub T

Oct 24, 2017

A very useful piece of knowledge for software developers, especially after they get a bit of practice and need to refine their knowledge.

By HuangYunWen

Aug 09, 2017

Very helpful and solid. The practice and home work not difficult but not too easy. It's great for who need to review or new to algorithm.