Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

401 - 425 of 2,170 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Paras c

Jul 26, 2020

This course is really good, it taught us many approaches to solve algorithms which we can't learn ourselves. The teaching staff explains every concept very well.

By amgad a

Feb 13, 2020

I really want to thank the professors in this course, they provided the information in a unique way!

i loved this course and i would give it more than 10 stars !!

By shivam k

Feb 21, 2019

i have been through week 1 and week 2 lectures and and they are completely convincing to even a DSA beginner like me to be more enthusiastic towards the course .

By Mahima G

Oct 19, 2018

You could have involved more questions based on thinking about the algorithm and discussion about the solutions to the practice problems. Otherwise it was great.

By Sachin P

Jan 27, 2018

Amazing course in every means, concepts are explained very well and programming assignments provided make you the master of technicalities of algorithms design.

By Gabriel K

Oct 15, 2020

A perfect introduction to common algorithm techniques. The multiple thorough walkthroughs of dynamic programming problems really cemented the technique for me.

By John C

Oct 3, 2019

Great course with challenging material and very helpful explanations. Highly recommend if you're trying to improve your programming and problem solving skills!

By Ayush K

Jun 1, 2020

The theory was explained in a neat and easy manner. Assignment questions were really interesting and helped me to develop a better understanding of the topic.

By Nikhil R

May 5, 2019

Basic programming for data structures in some common programming languages would have been very much helpful especially for some who are starting with scratch

By Zhenhan H

Aug 1, 2020

This course is very instructive and homework is a very good practice. I highly recommend this course if you want to take one of computer science core courses

By Dr. P J

Had a wonderful experience and learning during the sessions attended for this course. Quizzes and programming assignments enhanced programming skills a lot.

By 王俊杰

Jan 19, 2019

Highly recommend that! You can really learn some fundamental algorithms in a systematical way, like the Dynamic Programming or the Conquer and Divide method.

By Mladen F

Jul 9, 2017

A detailed course with many challenging problems. In addition, they put the effort to mathematically prove all claims. Definitely worth the time investment.

By Tùng D P

Sep 27, 2016

The course brings a lot of knowledge for me, help me to improve the expertise and foreign language teachers are very easy to understand, clear pronunciation

By Avin S J

Aug 13, 2020

It was exceptionally good course that helped me in grasping the concept of algorithms in depth.And the Professsors deserves a Big cheers up. And Thank you.

By Mykhailo M

Jul 23, 2020

This course gives you good examples for algorithms what makes them much easier to understand. The programming assignments are interesting and challenging.

By Nikhil B

Nov 11, 2017

The short videos won't bore you out. The visualization of every algorithm with examples really helped me.

The assignments have been very helpful. Thank you

By John I

Aug 30, 2020

Excellent course, I like a lot of competitive programming and this course I learned some topics that I didn't know, I wait for the next course is better.

By Gurudatta P

May 6, 2020

Lot of experience got from solving many problems given in the assignments.

Great Teachers with really good course structure. Keeps the course interesting.

By David D

Feb 10, 2017

This was my first taste of algorithm design--I loved it! The course was challenging but just easy enough for me to get through in an unfamiliar language.

By Rishikesh D S

Oct 6, 2020

This is an awesome course for beginners who are wishing to learn algorithms. I enjoyed it very much, some challenging problems are asked in assignments.

By Piyush M

Dec 1, 2017

I got the introductory knowledge of algorithms also find various kind of interesting question that blow my mind and most interresting part is assignment

By Айдар М

Nov 12, 2017

This course gave me knowledge about ways of solving various problems via programming. I also learnt some new algorithms to use and about big O notation.

By Stefan Y G

Jul 14, 2017

Well organized. It would be better if the test cases could all be shown to give the test taker a hint on how to improve or change the programme. Thanks!

By Florian S

Oct 3, 2016

This course is designed with a lot of thought behind it and using basically every mainstream programming language makes it even more fun to participate.