Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

601 - 625 of 2,170 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Shriyanshi S

Jul 13, 2020

Its a great course to build your algorithm skills .Had a great help in strengthening my core concepts.

By Abhay T

May 14, 2020

This course gave me ability to think and design logic and algorithms for various programming problems.

By XIAO S

Feb 11, 2018

I really love this course, but the problem is that I hope to have better texts to read and understand.

By Marcus V M d S

Mar 27, 2017

The programming assignments are great, with the right amount of challenge to help fixate the learning.

By Seman B

Nov 24, 2017

Практические задания показались гораздо более сложными, по сравнению с тем, что объясняется в лекции.

By Anisuzzaman K

May 15, 2016

Algorithm Toolbox is an awesome course for getting started with problem thinking and problem solving!

By ChocolateCharlie

Nov 6, 2020

Excellent course for beginners in algorithmic like me. It took me time, but it was largely worth it.

By RAHUL K S

Oct 21, 2020

the level of this course is really is very good, i really enjoyed too much during this whole course.

By Alexander N

Oct 10, 2018

This course prepared very well. Improved my programming skill thanks to good programming assigments.

By Nicola W

Jul 8, 2018

Excellent course for beginner! It would be even better if more tips for assignments can be provided.

By Arjun A S

Apr 25, 2016

Gives you very good insight into Algorithms basics that gets you going great with advanced courses.

By Michael T

May 22, 2021

One of the best Coursera classes I have ever had. It really challenges you and yet is very clear.

By SHRESHTHAM R

Dec 23, 2020

nicely ordered problem solving question and the interactive puzzles, and yes lectures were amazing

By Gaurang K

Aug 5, 2020

Excellent course! I learnt a lot of new ways to solve the problems which could take a lot of time.

By PIERO A V E

Jul 27, 2020

This is my first computer science online course I have taken. I learn a lot doing the assignments.

By Shovik P

Jul 4, 2020

One of the best courses I have completed till now. It's quite satisfying to complete such courses.

By Md F

Jun 20, 2018

Excellent .. Programming skills to solve any problem using Algorithm will be drastically improved.

By عبدالحميد ع ع

Sep 8, 2017

It is a wonderful but i recommend some examples on slides on python or c++ to clarify the concepts

By Kumoyo M

Mar 26, 2017

Solid! Key for anyone wanting that strong computing foundation independent of programming language

By abhiram g

Nov 24, 2020

need more explanation in dynamic programming, I literally got stuck in there man, what a concept.

By Arnab B

Oct 14, 2020

Great material and very well explained, the DP additional materials slides were specially helpful

By Zehra F N

Oct 1, 2020

It is an amazing, informational course, which helped me a lot in improving my programming skills!

By Durgesh

Jun 14, 2020

One basic thing I learnt from this course is how to approach problems in an efficient way.

Cheers!

By Victor F

Jun 8, 2016

Extremely useful course, that will improve your understanding of the core algorithmic techniques.

By Sahil J

Sep 7, 2020

Thanks for the Coursera. It completely changes the way you analyze the problem. Totally awesome.