Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

226 - 250 of 1,178 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Jimut B P

Jan 26, 2017

superb programming assignments, created sophisticated logic for solving high edge problems using O(log n) or O(n logn) complexity, this was very challenging and nice course

By Shivraj S

Jan 31, 2019

Enjoyed the course. Would really appreciate if the auto-grader for assignments was for individual questions instead of all the questions clubbed together in an assignment.

By Abdous M

Aug 21, 2019

My first MOOC, I learned so much, the lessons are clear and the exercises diversified, I encourage everyone to do the Algorithmic Toolbox, you will surely not regret it.

By Christopher W

Feb 01, 2020

I loved this course! Very thorough and clear explanations of the concepts, and projects that were a stretch but at the same time I didn't feel thrown into the deep end.

By Divya S

Sep 03, 2019

Very good base in algorithms! My only request is, please reply to forum comments as it is difficult when programs fail and we do not know the test cases they failed on!

By Wong L L

Aug 19, 2017

Excellent introduction to algorithms, though it can be quite challenging for beginners. Very good assignments for practice too. Good job to the course content creators.

By Manuel P

Jan 19, 2019

I feel really challenged about this course, things were becoming tough but with the help of the videos i totally understood the main idea behind every algorithm taught

By Vadim S

Dec 26, 2019

I've learned a big deal from this course and I want to thank all the wonderful people who prepared this course, taught it and otherwise made this possible. Thank you!

By Jashandeep S

Sep 19, 2019

This is my first course on coursera and i am very much excited to learn, Now after completing this course i am very much excited to learn other new stuff on coursera.

By Piyush T

Sep 01, 2018

It is an excellent course that helped me rise above my fears. Specially in Dynamic Programming. The Instructors have put really a great effort in making this course.

By Sebastian I E J

Mar 14, 2018

Highly engaging and challenging course. Helped me fill the gaps from the time I studied this subject at University. Recommended for CS students and graduates alike.

By Varun R

Aug 17, 2019

This is an excellent course for beginner programmers. The assignments are very helpful. Worth spending time on. I learned a lot during the weeks I did this course.

By Mohit K

Aug 09, 2017

This course is exactly what I wanted . Although I know the programming languages I wanted to know how to use it to build some good algorithms. Really great course.

By Phat L

Apr 09, 2017

The lectures and exercises are awesome. I can not believe it I can solve hard problems by myself. Now I'm very confident to talk about algorithms. Thanks creators.

By Hamdy E

Nov 15, 2018

i Really learned A lot from The Course Helped Me , to look into problems from Different ways and how to logically think of a faster algorithm to solve the problem

By Akshay M

Oct 29, 2016

A great course for beginners. I learnt a lot of new things from the course especially the really efficient and much needed algorithmic techniques. Had great fun!!

By Andrzej M

Oct 07, 2016

Well presented material. Good pace od lectures - short but fully understandable. Different instructors (you won't get bored ;)). Very good programming assigments.

By Amgad A

Feb 13, 2020

I really want to thank the professors in this course, they provided the information in a unique way!

i loved this course and i would give it more than 10 stars !!

By Shivam K

Feb 21, 2019

i have been through week 1 and week 2 lectures and and they are completely convincing to even a DSA beginner like me to be more enthusiastic towards the course .

By Mahima G

Oct 19, 2018

You could have involved more questions based on thinking about the algorithm and discussion about the solutions to the practice problems. Otherwise it was great.

By Sachin P

Jan 27, 2018

Amazing course in every means, concepts are explained very well and programming assignments provided make you the master of technicalities of algorithms design.

By John C

Oct 03, 2019

Great course with challenging material and very helpful explanations. Highly recommend if you're trying to improve your programming and problem solving skills!

By Nikhil R

May 05, 2019

Basic programming for data structures in some common programming languages would have been very much helpful especially for some who are starting with scratch

By 王俊杰

Jan 19, 2019

Highly recommend that! You can really learn some fundamental algorithms in a systematical way, like the Dynamic Programming or the Conquer and Divide method.

By Mladen F

Jul 09, 2017

A detailed course with many challenging problems. In addition, they put the effort to mathematically prove all claims. Definitely worth the time investment.