Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG

Jan 20, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

MM

Sep 29, 2017

good course, I like the fact you can use a lot of languages for you programming exercises, the content is really helpful, I would like to have more indications from the grading system to save time.

226 - 250 of 1,869 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Stefano I

Oct 10, 2017

It is nice how this course really guides you through different algorithmic ways to tackle problems. It is one of the few online courses that really forces you to spend time implementing and understanding algorithms. Highly recommended!

By Walid O

Feb 17, 2017

the course is very good , the best part is implementing the algorithm ,this will give you deep understanding of the algorithm also it will force you to improve your programming skills if you are a beginner , it was very useful for me .

By Arpan P

Jul 28, 2020

This course can definitely boost up anyone's logic building skills to a whole another level. Just as it did in my case. Starting from scratch it will take you to a much higher level keeping the journey as pleasant as much it can be.

By Shubham K

Nov 02, 2016

A good course , programming assignments are also good , even the discussion forums are good. Tutorials are wonderful everything is explained very clearly and hints are given at each point overall good for computer science undergrad.

By Mayank S

Mar 11, 2020

A good course to start learning data structure....highly recommended for beginners....introduced with all the data structure and more importantly practiced various type of algo.......TEACHER SHOULD CLEAR PROBLEM MORE EFFICIENTLY...

By DHASADE A B

May 23, 2017

Very Nice Course Indeed, it's a complete package for anyone who wants to fully built himself/herself as a programmer! Everything seems to be very perfect about this course, be it the reading material or the programming assignments!

By Dhaval B

It is really good for beginners and people who want to revise a few concepts. The professors teach well and the videos are good. I would have loved it if the programming assignments solutions were discussed after each assignment.

By Christopher B

Aug 02, 2016

I love the fact that this course is language agnostic and really lets you learn about the underlying algorithms that make our software run faster. It is challenging, but definitely worth it if you are fond of a specific language!

By Sakshar C

Jul 05, 2020

The course was very well-organized. The instructors delivered very well prepared to develop proper insight for algorithm designing. The programming assignments were so enjoyable and challenging. Also, loved the in-video quizzes.

By Vivek C

Jan 14, 2019

A must have course for any beginner. It teaches every basic building block of programming to solve complex problems. One of the best things I have learnt is stress testing and I cannot even explain how many time it saved my day.

By Aniket S

It was a fun playing with algorithms and i really enjoyed the course. The problems of the assignment kept me engaged throughout the course so that i could try things different different ways and it were lightly difficult also.

By salma w

Aug 17, 2020

The course design is awesome.

I like how they put all the concepts and assignments together to let us have a more clear understanding of the algorithms.

I've done every assignment with a big effort, and I learned a lot. Thanks.

By Jaydeep B M

Jul 01, 2017

This is an exceptionally good course and has been taught very well. I would like to suggest providing some help for the difficult problems ans also adding some solutions with the best complexity so that we can see and learn.

By Abir M

Aug 03, 2020

Wonderful course. Very well taught. Concept building programming assignments. A must-do for most computer science students or people who want to learn to solve algorithmic problems. Highly recommend this course. Thank you!

By Mithilesh K

Aug 09, 2020

After completing this course. Now I feel that I am ready to solve or give a try for any level of problems on an online coding platform. I thanks all the professors who made this course much easier for me than I thought.

By Dwaipayan M

Jun 27, 2020

This is an extremely good course and the questions on the assignments were really good to test everything taught in the course lectures. Anyone who is willing to master the basics of algorithms should take up this course.

By Apoorv S

Jul 28, 2020

This course had some really challenging problems. Algorithms were not taught very well in my college but this course helped me a lot in improving my algorithmic problem solving skills. It was a great learning experience!

By Alexandra S

Jul 17, 2017

With the step-by-step lessons and clarity of the lectures, this course challenged me while giving me the necessary tools to learn creative algorithms techniques. It was wonderfully taught and I am excited to learn more.

By Vinay R N

Jul 23, 2020

This course helped me to gain a good grasp of the underlying ideas of various common algorithmic techniques. A very good planned out curriculum helps you to understand and implement the ideas to various other problems.

By Kevin M

This is an excellent course. I went from knowing about algorithms to knowing algorithms and how to implement them, simple as that. Highly recommended for anyone looking to gain a foothold in the world of algorithms.

By Nicolas M

Jan 14, 2018

It's not easy, but this is a great introduction to algorithms and data structures. I'm definitely going to follow more courses in this specialization. Thanks to the folks who put this course together and supported it!

By Aman S

Sep 21, 2017

this is one of the best course for the computer science student and anyone who want to make program quickly and efficiently. Basically its a step to become professional programer.

Thank you for providing this course .

By R K G

Content quality HIGH, Methodology and discussions of concept very PROFESSIONAL.Programming assessments too Good! Also, the transparency to the failed cases helps to solve certain corner cases in a number of problems!

By SAI P

Nov 16, 2018

I loved this course because overall the course content was good.Since grader output was not giving much clues on the failure helped me lot in stress testing the code my myself. Lot of clues in the discussion forum.

By Praveen k

Aug 18, 2018

well its amazing...

1) the thing that I like most is the way tutors were telling the way how to solve the problem .

2) STRESS TEST : I didnt know this , how to test our program and how to debug it.

great work coursera