Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

276 - 300 of 2,154 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Zahra A K

Nov 6, 2020

I truly enjoyed every second of learning this course. All the topics were perfect and I really enjoyed solving the assignments. I cannot wait to start the next course in the Algorithms and Data Structure Specialization.

By Alexandra S

Jul 16, 2017

With the step-by-step lessons and clarity of the lectures, this course challenged me while giving me the necessary tools to learn creative algorithms techniques. It was wonderfully taught and I am excited to learn more.

By Vinay R N

Jul 23, 2020

This course helped me to gain a good grasp of the underlying ideas of various common algorithmic techniques. A very good planned out curriculum helps you to understand and implement the ideas to various other problems.

By Kevin M

This is an excellent course. I went from knowing about algorithms to knowing algorithms and how to implement them, simple as that. Highly recommended for anyone looking to gain a foothold in the world of algorithms.

By Nicolas M

Jan 14, 2018

It's not easy, but this is a great introduction to algorithms and data structures. I'm definitely going to follow more courses in this specialization. Thanks to the folks who put this course together and supported it!

By Aman S

Sep 21, 2017

this is one of the best course for the computer science student and anyone who want to make program quickly and efficiently. Basically its a step to become professional programer.

Thank you for providing this course .

By R K G

Content quality HIGH, Methodology and discussions of concept very PROFESSIONAL.Programming assessments too Good! Also, the transparency to the failed cases helps to solve certain corner cases in a number of problems!

By SAI P

Nov 15, 2018

I loved this course because overall the course content was good.Since grader output was not giving much clues on the failure helped me lot in stress testing the code my myself. Lot of clues in the discussion forum.

By Praveen k

Aug 18, 2018

well its amazing...

1) the thing that I like most is the way tutors were telling the way how to solve the problem .

2) STRESS TEST : I didnt know this , how to test our program and how to debug it.

great work coursera

By PRADEEP K

Feb 10, 2018

It was my first experience to learn in so detail.

Like, how to make a simple algorithm so robust and reliable.

How to think and find corner cases in your simple looking algorithm also.

Hope to learn more in next week

By Sadia K

Mar 30, 2020

I like algorithm toolbox course a lot ,all concepts starting from basic why algorithm to advanced concepts like dynamic programming are clearly explained. All assignments and mcqs test are up to date and helpul .

By edenwang

May 3, 2019

I graduated from Computer Science. And I learned not so well in Algorithmic. But through the course, I have a better understanding of common algorithms. Teachers of this course are really great. Thank you a lot.

By Amog C

Apr 2, 2019

The content is top notch. Assignments are very helpful. If you are able to solve the problems by yourself, you will learn a lot. The problem that i faced is, some content is very complex, not easy to understand.

By Le P

Apr 13, 2020

Good presentation materials and thorough topic discussions. Programming assignments are interesting, and challenge your topic knowledge and coding skills. Overall a good class. I highly recommend this course.

By Yingduo T

Apr 3, 2020

This course is very helpful! I've gained the basics of algorithm design and the three major topics discussed int detail. It would be better if there are more examples for each topic are discussed in the videos.

By Muhamed S

May 2, 2020

The course gives a very deep understanding of algorithms. The instructors taught the course in a very interesting way. The assignments were pretty challenging which brings out the algorithmic thinking in you.

By Anna T

Sep 26, 2016

Very well structured, good choice of content. All video lectures are engaging and you can feel a lot of though was put into making algorithms explanations both clear and concise. Many thanks to the lecturers.

By RAHUL J

Aug 9, 2020

This course is the best I had seen among every other DSA course. The content, the resources and every other thing there in the course are very useful and the games kinda tools are so fun to use and solve !!

By Muhammad T

Jul 12, 2020

Great course and great content. All the sections were taught very good but i felt that Dynamic Programming section 1 needs to be explained better, especially Alignment problem should be explained in detail.

By MAJ A S

Oct 13, 2019

This is possibly the best way I've learned difficult material to date. Plenty of clues to solve the problems, but not so much as to cheapen the experience. I intend to continue on if my employer permits it.

By shaik z

May 12, 2019

Awesome course for anyone who wants to learn algorithms. It will be hard but its will much satisfying because you are going to learn a lot and it will make you start thinking differently about writing code.

By Seyyed A G

May 11, 2019

This course is so good as it provides the audience with lots of hands-on training and it uses an active learning approach which is the best option in learning anything especially in computer science topics.

By tima-fey

Nov 25, 2018

it's very interesting and challenging course. Good theory and tasks

Hope I'll be motivated enough to pass this specialization till to the end and the quality of courses won't getting worse

strongly recommend

By Aditya S

Jul 29, 2020

It is a well-organized course.

The course content is delivered in the simplest possible way. Assignment problems are really good to get a decent grasp over the concepts. I really enjoyed doing this course.

By Chiranjeet S

Jun 7, 2020

I wanted to revise and remove left out conceptual doubts. This was an amazing course. The video lectures by all 5 Professors were amazing and concise(most importantly). And assignments were of good level.