Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

351 - 375 of 2,305 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Sam D

Aug 3, 2017

I really enjoy this course, and I can definitely say that this specialization is perfect for those who would like to learn programming from the base and use it in different languages

By Hemanth K B

Aug 3, 2016

I have solved more problems in this course compared to any other courses. This course has laid foundation to solve more problems in Dynamic Programming. Thank you to the entire team.

By pratik r

Sep 11, 2017

every important concept are cleared in this course.This course gives you idea to how to take right approach by giving tools like greedy algo, divide & conquer and dynamic approach.

By Yashuv B

May 10, 2021

This course is worth taking because it makes one start from basic sorting algorithm to advanced dynamic algorithm with great fundamental concept and examples. Thanks to the team!!

By Himanshu y

Jan 1, 2020

coursera is really a best platform to learn the new skills . this course will definitely helped me a lot for getting my new job. fresher's like me are really thankful to coursera.

By Hung n m

Oct 22, 2018

I am embedded software engineer, I want to learn more about computer science. This course give me usefull techniques to solve problem. Thanks instructor for well lecture and slide

By Philip G

Apr 20, 2017

Awesome course. Great exercises (although can be frustratingly challenging at times!) Divide and conquer and dynamic programming new to me, have learned a lot. Highly recommended!

By Saruar M

Jan 14, 2019

Great course! explanations are good, problems are challenging enough to help truly understand the material. No nonsense. Highly recommend to who is beginning to learn algorithms.

By Patrick L

May 19, 2016

Love how clear the professors explain the not-so-straighforward context. I enjoyed every single moment. The assignments constitute the biggest part of understanding and learning.

By 16. A C

Nov 3, 2020

Algorithms and Data Structures are very important for any coder. This course is the best course with challenging problems you can find on the internet. It's totally worth doing.

By Henry H

Jun 29, 2020

The course provided me with a very solid foundation of algorithms and provided an excellent array of homework challenges. Every intermediate programmer should take this course.

By Tran K

Dec 2, 2018

The course is fundamentally useful, this helped me out a lot to discover my enthusiasm since my background is non-IT. I'm on the way to the second course in this specialization!

By Jack W

Jul 25, 2017

Really good comprehensive overview of fundamental algorithmic techniques. The programming assignments are challenging at times, but the forums are super helpful for discussions.

By Hemant s

Unbelievable skills , knowledge I got from this platform thanks Coursera for providing me this such a great opportunity to learn from practitioner's thanks a lot I'm very happy

By Olesch A D

Jun 10, 2018

The course instructors were very enthusiastic which definitely increased the excitement of learning. Assignments are challenging in the later weeks which is a huge plus point.

By omar e

May 21, 2018

The course is very nice and i enjoyed most of the parts, however i think we can do better in the dynamic programming lessons , it was very hard to keep up with the instructor.

By Alexandre B

Jan 17, 2021

Best practices for designing algorithms, evaluating their efficiency and understanding automatic testing. I did the assignments in Python 3.9 and I will take them again in C.

By Ritika C

It was an amazing experience to be a part of this course,i learnt problem solving skill,code optimization stress testing and it was fun while solving the program assignments.

By Devanshu B

May 5, 2020

All the faculties are best in their fields and explained every topic so nicely and with perfect examples that even the most difficult topics became much easier to understand.

By Sean W

Jul 9, 2017

Programming assignments are well calibrated in terms of difficulty and are where most of my learning happened. Alexander Kulikov stands out as a particularly good instructor.

By ANIL K G

Dec 5, 2018

Its increased my thinking ability, now I am way to write efficient algorithm ad well as program. I recommend to every programmer should join this course and take advantage.

By Andreas M

Dec 18, 2017

This course teaches the basics of algorithms. I watched it on 1.75 times speed with pauses at important points, because a lot of it is repetitive, especially the beginning.

By Jimut B P

Jan 26, 2017

superb programming assignments, created sophisticated logic for solving high edge problems using O(log n) or O(n logn) complexity, this was very challenging and nice course

By Shivraj S

Jan 31, 2019

Enjoyed the course. Would really appreciate if the auto-grader for assignments was for individual questions instead of all the questions clubbed together in an assignment.

By RISHABH N

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course material for learning about data structure and Algorithms.Also a great help if you want to improve or start competitive programming to get a better start