Back to Algorithmic Toolbox

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Algorithmic Toolbox by University of California San Diego

The course covers basic algorithmic techniques and ideas for computational problems arising frequently in practical applications: sorting and searching, divide and conquer, greedy algorithms, dynamic programming. We will learn a lot of theory: how to sort data and how it helps for searching; how to break a large problem into pieces and solve them recursively; when it makes sense to proceed greedily; how dynamic programming is used in genomic studies. You will practice solving computational problems, designing new algorithms, and implementing solutions efficiently (so that they run in less than a second)....

SG
Jan 19, 2017

I liked the fact that the algorithms are not just the introductory searching and sorting algorithms. The assignments are fairly difficult (I have decent scripting experience), but not impossibly so.

BD
Jan 19, 2021

The course was really amazing which provided deep knowledge from basic to advance that how algorithms works and how to design algorithms. Thanks to all the expert teachers who taught in this course.

376 - 400 of 2,305 Reviews for Algorithmic Toolbox

By Agus I

Jun 28, 2020

It was my first time doing a Coursera curse. I'm really happy with the level and the learning curve.

I'm going to keep learning with the website and the University.

Thanks!

By Syed Z

Apr 21, 2020

Awesome explanation by lecturers n the problems they provide are bit tough,but it increase our thinking capacity n the implementation of algorithms to the exact problem!!

By Alejandro S

Dec 26, 2020

This course has taught me so much. While the problems were challenging sometimes, I will say that I know understand what dynamic programming and I'm glad that I took it.

By Andres F O G

It's a very good course, I love the fact that we learn through exercises, even though some exercises can be challenging you learn a lot by at least trying to solve them.

By madhav n

May 14, 2020

A very helpful course. helped me a lot in knowing the depth of DP, Greedy algorithms. In all a must course for beginners who want to strengthen their base of algorithms.

By Amine A

Aug 21, 2019

My first MOOC, I learned so much, the lessons are clear and the exercises diversified, I encourage everyone to do the Algorithmic Toolbox, you will surely not regret it.

By ADITYA A

Aug 1, 2021

It is quite tough for those with no experience of competitive programming, but solving programming challenges by yourself and completing this course is really worth it!

By Christopher W

Feb 1, 2020

I loved this course! Very thorough and clear explanations of the concepts, and projects that were a stretch but at the same time I didn't feel thrown into the deep end.

By Divya S

Sep 3, 2019

Very good base in algorithms! My only request is, please reply to forum comments as it is difficult when programs fail and we do not know the test cases they failed on!

By Connor W

Aug 19, 2017

Excellent introduction to algorithms, though it can be quite challenging for beginners. Very good assignments for practice too. Good job to the course content creators.

By Himanshu G

Mar 15, 2021

its an amazing course. I would recommend it to anyone, who is new to programming. The assignments are really challenging and helps us to understand the concept better.

By Harshith n s g s

Aug 30, 2020

I learned a lot by from this course .programming assignments are challenging and made me a better programmer .I would like to thank coursera for providing this course

By AYUSH R

Jun 13, 2020

This course "Algorithmic Toolbox" by Coursera is of great importance as it makes us learn to develop required Algorithms for different problems from scratch. loved it.

By Manuel P

Jan 19, 2019

I feel really challenged about this course, things were becoming tough but with the help of the videos i totally understood the main idea behind every algorithm taught

By David G K X

Jul 10, 2020

Very good and interesting. I love this course a lot. Thank you for taking the time to teach other students. Definitely will take the time to look back at this course.

By Vadim S

Dec 26, 2019

I've learned a big deal from this course and I want to thank all the wonderful people who prepared this course, taught it and otherwise made this possible. Thank you!

By Jashandeep S

Sep 19, 2019

This is my first course on coursera and i am very much excited to learn, Now after completing this course i am very much excited to learn other new stuff on coursera.

By nitesh a

May 27, 2021

this course is very helpfull for me it gives me too much knowledge on algorithm the video tutorial is very understandable to me and daily task was really interesting

By Piyush T

Sep 1, 2018

It is an excellent course that helped me rise above my fears. Specially in Dynamic Programming. The Instructors have put really a great effort in making this course.

By Anshul p

Jul 6, 2020

Great Course for a beginner in the field of designing and analyzing algorithms. Got to learn a lot and also practice a lot with challenging programming assignments.

By Sai G S

It was a great course. The Level of Questions were great. Though they were difficult to solve, it gave a great joy in solving them. A Wonderful Course in my opinion

By BALAGA V K

May 13, 2020

Good Course, I like the part that we can select our programming language, The programming assignments are really helpful to practice and understanding the concept.

By Sebastian I E J

Mar 14, 2018

Highly engaging and challenging course. Helped me fill the gaps from the time I studied this subject at University. Recommended for CS students and graduates alike.

By Satvik C V

Apr 23, 2021

It was a great course got to learn about new algorithms and how to optimize them for better efficiency, and I know that this knowledge will be useful in my future.

By Михаил А О

Apr 26, 2020

It was a great challenge and best time spending on #stayathome. Thank you very much. I will recommend this course to everybody and will try other ones at coursera.