Back to Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: asymptotic ("Big-oh") notation, sorting and searching, divide and conquer (master method, integer and matrix multiplication, closest pair), and randomized algorithms (QuickSort, contraction algorithm for min cuts)....

KS
Sep 13, 2018

Well researched. Topics covered well, with walkthrough for exam.le cases for each new introduced algorithm. Great experience, learned a lot of important algorithms and algorithmic thinking practices.

DT

Thank you for teaching me this course. I learned a lot of new things, including Divide-and-Conquer, MergeSort, QuickSort, and Randomization Algorithms, along with proof for their asymptotic runtime

226 - 250 of 863 Reviews for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

By NoneLand

Mar 17, 2018

This course is about following topics: large integers multiplication, merge sort, quick sort, master method and Karger's min-cut algorithms.

By Ian E

Apr 10, 2017

Professor Roughgarden explains everything clearly and is engaged in the topic. His excitement about algorithms comes though in his teaching.

By Piyush M

Aug 27, 2018

Tim is too good in explaining concepts, course is very detailed with very good quality assignments which gives good understanding of theory.

By shehab a s

Mar 28, 2021

this very fantastic course, the one thing in this course make it the best is explaining the topic in way why this work this way not another

By Vishal H

Jan 24, 2021

Amazing course! Helps tremendously in solving coding questions during interview. Learn the concepts from here and do LeetCode for practice.

By Caique D S C

Apr 17, 2019

Very good, just could have more programming exercises.

And It seems to me that the audio of the lectures is a little bit ahead of the video.

By Nicolas T

Oct 20, 2018

Great explanations, a formal course with an informal style. The fact that you can do the assignments in any programming language is a plus.

By Johnathan F

Jan 14, 2018

I love Tim's excitement for algorithms. He really stands out as a quality teacher in his selection of content, explanations and enthusiasm.

By Hanyu C

Oct 1, 2017

The lectures are first-class. Detailed on what I need and brief on unimportant stuff. The entire course is logically coherent and precise.

By Genyu Z

Jan 12, 2019

This course helps me a lot. The teacher is very good. I'll learn his next course right away. I believe I can improve my knowledge here.

By Yiming Z

Jul 17, 2018

A very good course! Just feel excited and motivated to learn algorithms! Now I am determined to be a computer science major in college.

By Jose E N H

Nov 6, 2016

it was awsome!! one of the best courses and materials regarding algorithms i have taken!

thanks a lot!

totally worth my time and money =)

By Derek A S

Feb 11, 2020

Fantastic course! I thoroughly enjoyed the programming assignments as well as the rigorous mathematical analysis provided in lectures.

By Kirill S

Feb 28, 2021

One of the best courses I've ever studied. Very clear explanation, no "strange" or "unexplained" math. Provides a lot to think about!

By Can K

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course. The instructor thoroughly motivated the concepts and taught the subject in a way that was insightful and enjoyable.

By Antonio S

Dec 1, 2019

Very well done and clear even for people without a computer science background. Strongly suggested to anyone interested in algorithms

By Saurabh M

Aug 15, 2017

Well explanatory lectures with challenging programming assignments with a benefit to code in any language. Over all a great course !

By Emma

Nov 2, 2019

Very good! Just hope that the speaker could speak a little bit slower and make the slides clearer...Hard to read the hand writing...

By Yuanzhan W

Apr 27, 2019

The course is well organized. Clean introduction to most common sorting algorithms and the math behind them. Strong recommendation.

By Freja E

Feb 18, 2021

The level was perfect for me. The intuitions and the formalities were very clear and the topics were interesting. Fabulous course.

By 陈禧琛

Oct 16, 2017

I benefited a lot from this course, and I learned a lot. I will apply for grants, and continue the study of the following courses

By Yifu S

Jan 31, 2020

Very Nice course,I have got a Master Degree in Computer Science,but i stll learn much new knowledge and thinks from this course.

By Beau D

Nov 16, 2016

The math in this course is quite difficult, but the professor does a great job of explaining it in a very easily understood way.

By Patrick M

Nov 23, 2020

This course provided an excellent mathematical foundation to algorithms I've used and introduced me to some that I didn't know.

By Luiz C

Feb 24, 2018

Great course, very well explained, great material and great exercises, with an engaging teacher: cant be much better than that