Back to Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: asymptotic ("Big-oh") notation, sorting and searching, divide and conquer (master method, integer and matrix multiplication, closest pair), and randomized algorithms (QuickSort, contraction algorithm for min cuts)....

KS
Sep 13, 2018

Well researched. Topics covered well, with walkthrough for exam.le cases for each new introduced algorithm. Great experience, learned a lot of important algorithms and algorithmic thinking practices.

DT

Thank you for teaching me this course. I learned a lot of new things, including Divide-and-Conquer, MergeSort, QuickSort, and Randomization Algorithms, along with proof for their asymptotic runtime

226 - 250 of 809 Reviews for Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching, and Randomized Algorithms

By Ehsan F

Dec 4, 2018

This course was a real one. The only feeling I had afterwards was that I wish I could meet him in person. He is just awesome.

By Venu V

Jan 18, 2017

It's an amazing introduction to algorithms. I enjoyed listening to the lectures. All the algorithms were explained in detail.

By kareem O

Jan 3, 2021

This course is so amazing. Even though I am a beginner but I could understand it and everything went as good as I expected.

By Alberto M

Dec 27, 2020

tim roughgarden was amazing. he is so enthusiast and transmit that to people. great I will delve deeper into this for sure.

By PATEL J Y

Mar 19, 2020

Very Nice course for a newbie like me to mastering algorithms. I want to thank you institute for making this course for us.

By Aishwarya R

Jun 20, 2019

Learnt about Merge Sort, Quick Sort, Randomization Algorithms, Selection, Graphs, Min-cut. Thank you Prof. Roughgarden :)

By Rahul K

Feb 7, 2020

This course really give the idea how to approach the problem and analyse it and find the most efficient way to solve it.

By Aksheshkumar A S

really an amazing course and have covered the content very nicely and the programming assignments are also very helpful

By Gaurav R

Nov 13, 2019

The course is not an easy one but if done earnestly will help the learner a lot in developing a mindset for algorithms.

By TianJie S

May 12, 2019

very tough and challenging course. The professor explains very detailed mathematics analysis underlying each algorithm

By Michal F

Aug 13, 2018

Well-balanced course in terms of difficulty, theory level and practicality. Final exam could have been more difficult.

By Arju A

English got a bit tough for non-native speaker sometimes, but it required brainstorming and that's why a good course.

By BHOGIREDDY R

Aug 6, 2019

Best Course for Programmers. But this course needs some programming prerequisites to understand the concepts clearly.

By Liu X

Mar 2, 2018

Good course to get started with algorithms. I am already a programer, and still learn a lot from this course. Thanks!

By Rihards J

Dec 19, 2020

Great course for those who would like to become better developers and learn basics of data structures and algorithms

By Daniel R

Aug 16, 2019

Although some concepts were a bit too hard to chew, this is a great start for someone who's new to computer science.

By Pritam B

Oct 13, 2017

The course is really good. Helping me to grasp the basic concepts of algorithm and to refresh the algorithms skills.

By Janis S

Sep 25, 2020

excellent content. Learned a lot! Proofs can be a bit dull at times. But that probably simply lies in their nature.

By Aakash K

Aug 6, 2020

This was an amazing course and it allowed me to learn complex algorithms and introduced me to algorithmic thinking

By Alan R M

Jun 8, 2018

It really helped me understand the concept of algorithms. I confess that I have a new perspective of an algorithm.

By Garret N

Oct 14, 2020

Very intellectually stimulating. The problems were thought-provoking and assessed understanding very effectively.

By Garrett M

May 10, 2018

Great teacher. Coming from a science background myself, I like that the math is not watered down in the analysis.

By Balaji R

Mar 22, 2020

What an amazing and insightful course. the min algorithm totally blew my mind randomized algo are simply elegant

By Alberto C

Dec 10, 2017

Wonderful explanations. The companion book helps a lot to review material and have it always fresh in your mind.

By Shinjan T

Sep 11, 2019

Awesome course. Learnt a lot about the theory behind a randomized algorithm. Karger's min cut was a revelation.