Back to Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures by Stanford University

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: data structures (heaps, balanced search trees, hash tables, bloom filters), graph primitives (applications of breadth-first and depth-first search, connectivity, shortest paths), and their applications (ranging from deduplication to social network analysis)....

DS
Mar 29, 2020

Awesome course! Professor Roughgarden is fantastic. The material was appropriately challenging. Perfect amount of rigor. Only one minor squabble: the hash problem set is terribly misleading.

TG
Nov 30, 2019

It was an awesome experience to learn from such a teacher. Now I have a much clear view of the graph algorithms. I have enjoyed this course. Thanks to Stanford for offering this course.

26 - 50 of 206 Reviews for Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures

By YEH T P

Feb 26, 2018

Data Structures helps me resolve problem quickly, and force me to think the problems in a more solid way. I will try to figure out what kind of operations I need when solve a specific problem and which data structure is suitable in that situation.

By Nicolas T

Mar 28, 2019

Another great, in-depth, course on algorithms. Now that the book is also available it's even better. Please just rework the assignment of week 4, it is unrelated to the week's lecture if you want to complete it in a reasonable time.

By Anton B

Nov 30, 2018

Awesome. Thought one improvement idea: when the questions are asked about some dataset shown in a picture it would be nice to retain the picture when the form is shown. Otherwise one need to rewind to recall the dataset.

By Sviatoslav S

Dec 31, 2016

I really enjoyed it. Perfect balance of practice and theory together with clear explanations. I also appreciate the mentors efforts that always answer any questions and try to help. Thank you Tim, Vassilis, and Arjit.

By Akash K B

The Course was good and the explanation really helped me in learning the algorithm and implementing them. But week 4 assignment required much more than the course taught us or else it's just very much time consuming

By Dinghan X

Dec 10, 2019

I have to say it is getting challenging. Like the one programing assignment where python will encounter stack overflow issue. But, having the capability to identify and solve the problem is pretty fun. Nice course.

By Derek A S

Mar 29, 2020

By Tarit G

Dec 1, 2019

By Hanyu C

Nov 12, 2017

Focused on principles and motivations behind algorithms. You might forget an algorithm you learned, but you will definitely be able to come up with one quickly after this course.

By Oleksandr S

Aug 4, 2019

Nice that this course gives ability to learn the inner implementation details of data structures. That was required for my work and was covered in the course on great level.

By Axel U

Dec 11, 2020

I like the handwritten slides during the lecture. It reminds me of actually sitting in class and the professor developing the material on the chalk board live. Very cool.

By Ahmed A

Apr 9, 2020

The best algorithms course available. More on the theoretical side which in my opinion is more important, if theory is understood, implementation becomes second nature.

By Jephte E

Dec 27, 2019

I am very confident in the skills I learned. I have read some books on algorithms but this course makes the application so clear regardless of your programing language.

By Karan S

Sep 1, 2018

Learning algorithms is a must for all computer scientists. This course propels you on the path and kindles the spirit of inquiry and knack for finding better solutions.

By Anthony C

Aug 2, 2020

Tim really did an awesome job preparing the lectures for this course. Material was presented quickly, efficiently, and engagingly. I highly recommend this class.

By Cole F

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent video lectures. Great forums that discuss the problems and programming assignments. Challenging material, with satisfying rewards on finding solutions.

By Keerthana S

Jul 12, 2018

This is an excellent course. Though the assignments are quite challenging, it is rewarding to complete them. Professor Roughgarden's explanations are wonderful.

By Genyu Z

Feb 9, 2019

This course is well useful. It helps me understand much I'm curious about. Thanks for teacher. He is quite good and I can't wait to enroll the third course!

By Vladimir M

Jan 2, 2021

Very useful information for thorough programmers. Especially liked analysis of hash tables implementation and handling collisions in real applications.

By linh t

Dec 9, 2019

this course is a lot more difficult and challenging than the first course because of the concepts are more abstract, but it's really interesting!

By madcdevelop

Jun 28, 2019

I like the content and structure of the course. Helped me understand data structures and algorithms even more. Excited to take future courses.

By Qinghua Z

Aug 30, 2017

Very useful course! Get deep understanding of some algorithms through the video and programming assignment. Also learn lots of idiom from Tim.

By Stacy I

Jun 1, 2019

This course is making me a better programmer. I am more likely con consider the efficiency of my code, as opposed to just getting it to work.

By Mikhail K

Nov 27, 2018

It is very interesting course that gives an opportunity to improve the fundamental knowledge and skills that are connected with programming.